Sponsored by:

Ms Gone, On the Hunt - 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
You may want to start a poll to determine if it's true that "most of us came from M3's."

m3forum.net is pretty much a Porsche forum. Many of those guys there eventually move to a Porsche but still very active on that forum. If there are polls of Porsche vs. Name your brand, Porsche usually wins in a landslide.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Berosucci
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snake eyes

Get white!
Or, blue... they are both sweet colors. Shop around and buy whatever twists your tail the most, you will know it when you see it.
Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2016, 10:46 PM
140.6er
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
m3forum.net is pretty much a Porsche forum. Many of those guys there eventually move to a Porsche but still very active on that forum. If there are polls of Porsche vs. Name your brand, Porsche usually wins in a landslide.
Yes, when I was in the process of selling the M Cars I read numerous threads on M3Forum. I think everyone of them concluded that the Porsche was in a league of its own...and I agree. Best decision I ever made. I was driving on the East end of Long Island today and was loving every second of the driving experience. Quick and fast and just chomping on asphalt. I was sad it ended.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:40 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

I have owned many M3s in my life and I do sometimes miss them. I was actually looking to buy an E92 M3 when I also test drove a 997.1 on the lot and I was sold on the the 911--though I ended up with a 997.2.

I like my Macadamia. It is a bit different but cool and classic.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,452 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Welcome - you'll love the 997, whichever generation and model you decide on.

Here's a list of some other places you may want to look:
www.racperformance.com (TX)
www.formanmotorsport.com (AZ)
www.sloancars.com (NY)
www.truspeedmotorcars.com (CA)
www.willhoitenterprises.com (MO)
www.formula1miami.com (FL)
www.victorymotorcars.com (TX)
www.nwicars.com/showroom.htm (OR)
www.chicagomotorcars.com (IL)
www.rpmsportscars.com
www.mgmsl.com
www.themiamigarage.com (FL)
www.starwoodmotors.com (TX)
www.premiersportscars.com (MO)
www.selectluxury.com (GA)
www.drivingemotions.com (FL)
www.rennlist.com
www.ecarlink.com (TX)
www.exoticclassics.com (NY)
www.pelicanparts.com
www.6speedonline.com
www.usimotors.com/porsche (TN)
www.lakenormanimports.com (NC)
www.foreigncarsitalia.com (NC)
www.ardemotorcars.com (TN)
www.musiccitymotorsports.com (TN)
www.globalmotorsportsinc.com/web/inventory (TN)
http://www.flemingsultimategarage.com/index.php (MD)

I have a DCT Carbon wheel that is just great. Don't let things like seats, interior trim, wheels, and the like make you move on from a car that has the right colors, other options you want, and checks out very well during a thorough PPI (or is CPO) as all of those first things are very easily changed.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:30 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
was that your stock wheel, re-wrapped? I love that wheel, but not many 997s came with them (GTS?). Agree with the OP, I came from an E46 M3 and that is one thing about the M I liked more than the 911
Core exchange with Dallas Custom http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/sw1.htm

As long as he has the wheel core you want in stock, just pay a deposit for the core and keep driving while your wheel is being built and shipped. Once you get it, swap, send the stock wheel back and you get your deposit back. From order to delivery takes 7-10 days as I recall it.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:44 PM
cringely
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 140.6er
All
Alas, ending a long and storied chapter in my car life as I just sold both of my BMW M3s. I must admit that I was a bit sad when my 2006 ILB ZCP M3 pulled off and left my sight forever, having owned some iteration of the vaunted 3 series for over 25 years.

Anyway, onto a happier and more exciting topic--i.e. my hunt for the perfect 2009-2010 blue (maybe white?) 997.2 C2S with under 30,000 miles. I've been scouring Rennlist, Autotrader, Porsche dealerships etc for such a whip in the 55 to 60 price zone. Am I in the ballpark for such an example?
You might want to think about your punctuation . When I first saw the thread, I interpreted it as MS Gone ... and thought you had dumped your spouse (rather than your clutch) and were hunting for something new.
Perhaps, the tread title should have been M's Gone, On the Hunt...
Old 05-14-2016, 09:35 PM
140.6er
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Perhaps I should have titled it M3s Gone, but I don't think adding an apostrophe to M makes it grammatically correct. It's not a possessive, I was referencing selling two M3s. However, I do apologize if I caused you such consternation over a topic that turned out very positive to me.

Quick Reply: Ms Gone, On the Hunt - 997.2