Sponsored by:

Parking incident - what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 06:00 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack667
You're obviously not hanging out at very interesting places...

Hahaha you are right. First one was at the bank, second one at Starbucks and the third one was at Barnes & Noble.

However even if it's an interesting place, you can usually find car-freak friendly parking if you are willing to walk.

Other important tip, NEVER valet and NEVER park at the airport. So far my car is 100% scratch and dent free (knock on wood).
Old 03-22-2016, 09:16 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ATSR
I never have problems with people parking next to me...
Sunday morning, 6AM?
Old 03-22-2016, 09:27 PM
phil996cab99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch out for the weed eater guy and the leaf blower guy.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:34 PM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anon
Old 03-22-2016, 11:42 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Where the hell is that? The set of 28 Days Later???
Old 03-22-2016, 11:52 PM
golftime
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 5CHN3LL
Yes, what an *******. He parked no more than 4 feet from that car. It's an outrage.

Jesus. Everything people think about us is turning out to be true.
Jesus Schnell, you have been hammering this guy relentlessly over what seems like simple frustration over the endless number of rude or jealous jerks, many who unfortunately seem to drive pick-up trucks, who go out of their way to tail gate, cut off, drag race, or park ridiculously close to sports cars seemingly just to screw with the owners. There are endless threads on this board documenting the behavior. I am not saying physical violence is the correct response, but I also understand how people can be frustrated at the inconsiderate behavior of others.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well it could be worse, you could end up with this guy

Old 03-23-2016, 06:53 PM
braymond52
Instructor

Like most of the others, I'd let it go if there was no damage done to your car. He most likely parked that way just to **** you off, and he was successful, right? Guy probably thought he was going to show the rich guy driving a Porsche a thing or two.

But what is it about Lowes? I parked my then new Acura MDX as far away away from the doors as possible and took up 1 1/2 spots, but there were at least 50 empty parking spots between me and the door. I figured it was not an issue because of all the empty spots that were far closer. Someone disagreed and left me a note on my windshield telling me at length that I was a jerk. Maybe I'm wrong, but IMO they were the ones being a jerk. If I'd seen them leave the note I probably would have told them too.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:10 PM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
Well it could be worse, you could end up with this guy

Parking Garage Rage - YouTube
holy ****

glad it was caught on Camera

what a major Motherf.......
Old 03-23-2016, 08:18 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 261 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by braymond52
Like most of the others, I'd let it go if there was no damage done to your car. He most likely parked that way just to **** you off, and he was successful, right? Guy probably thought he was going to show the rich guy driving a Porsche a thing or two.

But what is it about Lowes? I parked my then new Acura MDX as far away away from the doors as possible and took up 1 1/2 spots, but there were at least 50 empty parking spots between me and the door. I figured it was not an issue because of all the empty spots that were far closer. Someone disagreed and left me a note on my windshield telling me at length that I was a jerk. Maybe I'm wrong, but IMO they were the ones being a jerk. If I'd seen them leave the note I probably would have told them too.
Taking up more than one spot sends people over the edge, even if you are out in the south 40. I would recommend never doing that.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:08 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Originally Posted by Louis de Funes
holy ****

glad it was caught on Camera

what a major Motherf.......
I hope the guy driving the truck actually got in trouble for that.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:11 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by braymond52

If you were surrounded by empty spots, then why take up 1 1/2 spots, anyway?

I agree, what they did was dumb, but if there's no one else parked next to, or even remotely close to you, why take up 1 1/2?
Old 03-24-2016, 04:27 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How to live in society:

>>Take one spot, and never justify or attempt to rationalize more than one spot.

>>Park far and on the end, tucked over in your spot... and only your spot. It's instant respect. You just look like a guy that cares about his car and all it costs anyone is better parking for them, 'cause you didn't take a close spot. Big win in Lazy USA.

Warning!! ACHTUNG! Hog 1.5 spots, even far away, and you've annoyed some people. PERIOD. You can blather on and on and on and on and justify and rationalize BLAH BLAH FkkING BLAH.... but it does not matter. REALITY says that it annoys people; experience tells us it PROMPTS people.

That's it. That's reality. There is no "well, they should feel like this" or "they shouldn't feel like that".

IN REALITY, where we all live (hopefully), different things tick off different people and prompt them to act sometimes.

Park far and in park in an end spot if you care to. Even if the lot fills up, you did your best if you get a ding on the door, but it's very likely someone noticed your car parked all nice and courteous over on the end, and it will be fine.

And if not? What are you gonna do? Die over it?

Old 03-24-2016, 04:41 PM
rossos2k
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Came out of town food co-op to find this. I figured I would wait till the guy came back to get in my car. Im a big guy and just couldnt get the door open enough to get in without risking damage.

Saw the truck again in town last week. Still has the Trump sticker I put over the existing Bernie sticker.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:46 PM
911searcher
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ohhhhh ! this thread.
Keep getting crazier.

It's on it's way to meme status soon.

Obviously the 911 is closer to the line than the truck !
But I knew you were kidding anyway

Last edited by 911searcher; 03-24-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Parking incident - what would you do?