Notices

991.2 GT3 Allocations.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 08:57 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 391 Likes on 167 Posts

I've heard Canada typically receives 8-10% of what the U.S. normally receives.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:38 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Out of curiosity, is there anyone here that had deposits at multiple dealers and got a car? I'm wondering if this hurts your chances rather than helping. I was told this was looked upon very poorly.

I know it stands to reason that you'd want as many hats in the ring as possible, when the SA's enter your name in the system Porsche can see that you've got multiple deposits. I expect they tell the dealer and I can't help but wonder if that knocks you down the lists some.

Is it? I mean that sincerely. I have no perspective on how many are expected and what might be a lot.
I was told by two different sales managers that dealerships themselves won't necessarily know. But when orders are entered as V070 status, PAG apparently will check for multiple orders from the same person, and will reject them all.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:02 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
I was told by two different sales managers that dealerships themselves won't necessarily know. But when orders are entered as V070 status, PAG apparently will check for multiple orders from the same person, and will reject them all.
This is what I understand to be true as well.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:05 AM
PC Valkyrie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the demand for the 991.2 GT3 is likely exceeding the supply here in Canada, based on some people posting on this Canadian subforum. Does anybody know whether there is already a long waiting list for the 991.2 GT3 RS? What about the 991.2 GT2 RS? Has the ship sailed for those as well?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Wouldn't the dealer be notified when they get cancelled?

If not, then it seems to me that this would be completely irrelevant. I mean... they're not using those V070 orders to actually gauge demand are they? There can't possibly be someone at Porsche crunching numbers and thinking "Hey Hans... do you think we should make more GT3's? Are there any buyers left?"

Aren't they just making as many as they can and doling them out to dealers based on past sales?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:14 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie
So the demand for the 991.2 GT3 is likely exceeding the supply here in Canada, based on some people posting on this Canadian subforum. Does anybody know whether there is already a long waiting list for the 991.2 GT3 RS? What about the 991.2 GT2 RS? Has the ship sailed for those as well?
Pretty sure the ship has sailed on the GT2RS.

For the next GT3RS, you should absolutely put a deposit down and get the process started. Once it's announced, I expect the sales process to be much the same as it's been with the GT3 except you won't be competing with the people who only wanted a manual.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:42 AM
CDNRay
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Wild Weasel;14617627]Out of curiosity, is there anyone here that had deposits at multiple dealers and got a car? I'm wondering if this hurts your chances rather than helping. I was told this was looked upon very poorly.

Yeah, I think the dealers and definitely head office knows if the same name has 2 orders at 2 different dealers. That's why one was in my name and one was in my wife's name. My wife is officially out, but this guy, he still has a chance... maybe. I hope he does anyways.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:59 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Indeed ship has sailed on the GT2RS - huge wait lists and very few cars.

I'm on the wait list (made deposit 2 years ago) for next GT3RS
Old 11-21-2017, 08:19 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPM

Apparently the .2 3RS will debut very soon, for March '18 builds.(whoopsie mentioned in other forum).!
2018 will be an interesting year....
Old 11-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPM

Keeping everything or making room?
Old 11-21-2017, 10:16 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

IMO its too late now, unless you've bought multiple cars from your dealer, or have some sort of VIP status to put in a deposit this late.

Wouldn't the dealer be notified when they get cancelled?

If not, then it seems to me that this would be completely irrelevant. I mean... they're not using those V070 orders to actually gauge demand are they? There can't possibly be someone at Porsche crunching numbers and thinking "Hey Hans... do you think we should make more GT3's? Are there any buyers left?"

Aren't they just making as many as they can and doling them out to dealers based on past sales?
Not sure of the logistics, but the dealer will get notified of an allocation that gets denied. Not sure how the dealer relays that info. I know of one case where a leasing company has been denied allocations due to multiple orders/flipping, and I know of one person who flipped a GT car to China who has also been denied future allocations. I have no insight into how allocations are given, but at least one manager says its a black art, and past sales is just one of several factors.

Pretty sure the ship has sailed on the GT2RS.

For the next GT3RS, you should absolutely put a deposit down and get the process started. Once it's announced, I expect the sales process to be much the same as it's been with the GT3 except you won't be competing with the people who only wanted a manual.
The ship has definitely sailed on the GT2RS. As for the current GT3RS, I would wager that the ship has sailed too. Pfaff's list is 100+ and Downtown and PCO seem similarly long. I think you best bet would be to go to PNT, go with a trade-in and prepare to get raked over the coals.

Seems like so long ago when I was getting a 991C2S, and my SA was trying to get me to take an unsold RS allocation instead.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 AM
Volk53
8th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Default GT3 Allocation

I’m new to the forum. I have a GT3 Production date for May 2018.
Has anyone ordered a GT3 with manual gearbox and also selected decorative stitching other than red? Apparently the stitching on the gearshift boot is not included except if one orders red stitching.
This is according to Porsche Exclusive whom I have talked to thinking that it was a flaw in the configurator.
One other thing I notice when I visit the showroom of my local dealer who has two new GT3s on display is the satellite antenna on the roof on both cars. The audio package for North America
includes satellite radio ( not in Europe ) and therefore it comes with that bump (antenna) on the roof which disrupts the roofline.
However, when you configure your car and look at it from all angles on your computer, you won’t see the antenna. You will be surprised to see it when you take delivery.
It may not be a big issue for some people, but I personally don’t like it. I don’t need satellite radio and would not subscribe to the service. I hope there is a way to delete the roof antenna.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:10 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Volk53
It may not be a big issue for some people, but I personally don’t like it. I don’t need satellite radio and would not subscribe to the service. I hope there is a way to delete the roof antenna.
Far as I know all North American cars will have that stupid antenna.

I'll never pay for satellite radio either.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:38 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

As for the current GT3RS, I would wager that the ship has sailed too. Pfaff's list is 100+ and Downtown and PCO seem similarly long. I think you best bet would be to go to PNT, go with a trade-in and prepare to get raked over the coals.
Thing is... this and other threads here and my own experience suggests that the lists don't really tell the whole story. I'd bet that if the right person walks into Pfaff and wants a car, then that list will become 101+ and they'll get their car.

Until the allocations are actually assigned to people, there's still a chance. Walk in and talk to someone.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 711 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Volk53
I’m new to the forum. I have a GT3 Production date for May 2018.
Has anyone ordered a GT3 with manual gearbox and also selected decorative stitching other than red? Apparently the stitching on the gearshift boot is not included except if one orders red stitching.
This is according to Porsche Exclusive whom I have talked to thinking that it was a flaw in the configurator.
One other thing I notice when I visit the showroom of my local dealer who has two new GT3s on display is the satellite antenna on the roof on both cars. The audio package for North America
includes satellite radio ( not in Europe ) and therefore it comes with that bump (antenna) on the roof which disrupts the roofline.
However, when you configure your car and look at it from all angles on your computer, you won’t see the antenna. You will be surprised to see it when you take delivery.
I think you're correct.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.