Notices

991.2 GT3 Allocations.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 12:50 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Any idea how many .1's were produced for Canada and what's your gut tell you about how many .2's Canada might get?
Unfortunately I don’t know, I didn’t keep track of the .1 GT3’s. And I don’t think Porsche has even finalized the number of .2 cars. I think production for NA will drop a bit over the next few months as they build cars for other countries. After porsche released the gt3 touring it shows that they are really keen to capture a lot of the market. It would be very easy for them to build 50 GT cars per day but they know they need to protect the market to some extent. I believe releasing allocations for 1 year out shows Porsche is trying to satisfy customers however how many are being kept quiet?

It will be really interesting to see what will happen if they start building .2 3RS’s in the Spring.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Well... I know of at least one more coming...
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by kirkeym
Actually Mark's in Ottawa wouldn't take my deposit in 2015 so I went to Lauzon in Montreal. They have been very straightforward and imo very fair about the entire process.
When are you getting yours? Specs?
Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 AM
CDNRay
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For your viewing pleasure. Was at Porsche Center Oakville yesterday, saw 6 newly arrived .2 GT3's. These 4 were in a row. The two on the right are manual, the others were PDK. Interestingly, all had the LWB's. Dealer told me they received 23 total vehicles, there will be no others received and they were in the process of calling everyone who was on the list and isn't going to get one. They just told me in person since I was there. BOO!

Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

^PCO must have had horrible 911 sales if that's all they were allocated... Sux to hear about you missing out.. I'm in the same boat.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:44 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNRay
For your viewing pleasure. Was at Porsche Center Oakville yesterday, saw 6 newly arrived .2 GT3's. These 4 were in a row. The two on the right are manual, the others were PDK. Interestingly, all had the LWB's. Dealer told me they received 23 total vehicles, there will be no others received and they were in the process of calling everyone who was on the list and isn't going to get one. They just told me in person since I was there. BOO!
Interesting; sounds as though they might be throwing in the towel early, based on what others have been saying (second wave of allocations, etc.).
Old 11-14-2017, 10:52 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

how much does one of these toys for the uber rich run for anyway ?
Old 11-14-2017, 10:54 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Loess
Unfortunately I don’t know, I didn’t keep track of the .1 GT3’s. And I don’t think Porsche has even finalized the number of .2 cars. I think production for NA will drop a bit over the next few months as they build cars for other countries. After porsche released the gt3 touring it shows that they are really keen to capture a lot of the market. It would be very easy for them to build 50 GT cars per day but they know they need to protect the market to some extent. I believe releasing allocations for 1 year out shows Porsche is trying to satisfy customers however how many are being kept quiet?

It will be really interesting to see what will happen if they start building .2 3RS’s in the Spring.
I know now that it doesn't matter how many the factory will pump out as it's still dependent on individual dealers receiving allocations.. and my dealer of choice is not receiving any further allocations.. so even if they build another 2000 units, it doesn't help..
The system needs to change in that those customers who want one should have the opportunity to submit that request directly to Porsche Canada, so that demand can be met.. My pennies will be going to another company as soon as I can decide on another platform.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:07 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
I'd be surprised if the uber rich are the ones getting these cars.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:13 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
No way! Definitely not über rich, in fact unemployed and on fixed income best describes one new owner.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
No way! Definitely not über rich, in fact unemployed and on fixed income best describes one new owner.

Ditto...gainfully employed yet toil every day. Still a big play for me.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:23 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
I'd be surprised if the uber rich are the ones getting these cars.
Depends how you define uber rich.

Folks that are getting them buy many cars in a very short period of time which results in trade-ins etc. They also service with the dealer and have a good relationship with management. I'm sure this can't be applied to exactly everybody at every dealer but this is what I was told.

Oh and some are indeed uber rich collectors.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:24 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I know now that it doesn't matter how many the factory will pump out as it's still dependent on individual dealers receiving allocations.. and my dealer of choice is not receiving any further allocations.. so even if they build another 2000 units, it doesn't help..
The system needs to change in that those customers who want one should have the opportunity to submit that request directly to Porsche Canada, so that demand can be met.. My pennies will be going to another company as soon as I can decide on another platform.
Didn't place that GT R deposit in Burlington?
Old 11-14-2017, 12:31 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by SToronto
Didn't place that GT R deposit in Burlington?
Negative.. I was told that I would have to wait anyway, so i didn't bother.. I'm chomping at the bit, which means I should probably take some time to think about options.. lol
I actually had a shot at an ACR build... but $150k for a viper does not compute.. lol
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Negative.. I was told that I would have to wait anyway, so i didn't bother.. I'm chomping at the bit, which means I should probably take some time to think about options.. lol
I actually had a shot at an ACR build... but $150k for a viper does not compute.. lol
I was thinking hard on ACR last year. However I think I wouldn't be happy with it because it isn't really what I want. Would be an awesome experience I'm sure! I concluded that it would be like a number 5-6th position car if I had that many.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.