ETA dealership March 12.
Congrats!

What made you go Touring?
Old 11-12-2017, 08:36 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I predict many winter evenings in the garage with a cigar and a bottle of red wine!
Agreed.
I envision several bottles, amongst my petrol head buds, will be savoured awaiting the Spring melt!
Old 11-12-2017, 10:00 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Congrats!

What made you go Touring?
I wanted the edge of a GT3 but without the wing.

Porsche's announcement of the Touring Package was a perfect fit.

Then I was offered an allocation.....
Old 11-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Mr. Turtles
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

That's awesome! Mark Motors?

This is one of the problems though, lack of consistency. As a consumer who wants a car, which basket do I put my eggs. I've now chosen wrong once. Another 3-4 years to try again.

Actually Mark's in Ottawa wouldn't take my deposit in 2015 so I went to Lauzon in Montreal. They have been very straightforward and imo very fair about the entire process.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Mr. Turtles
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kirkeym
Actually Mark's in Ottawa wouldn't take my deposit in 2015 so I went to Lauzon in Montreal. They have been very straightforward and imo very fair about the entire process.
The Montreal dealers seem to be looking for those purchasers who will track the car (or use it a lot and be seen a lot) as "ambassadors" for the brand I was told. Canada's a pretty small market and the dealers generally know the customers at least in our Rennsport region.

I wish the best of luck to everyone who wants one, hopefully Santa has plans for you.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:05 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

The Montreal dealers seem to be looking for those purchasers who will track the car (or use it a lot and be seen a lot) as "ambassadors" for the brand I was told. Canada's a pretty small market and the dealers generally know the customers at least in our Rennsport region.

I wish the best of luck to everyone who wants one, hopefully Santa has plans for you.
Seems to be the same litmus test Mark Mtrs use.

Of the 3 guys getting 991.2 GT3s that I'm aware of so far, all three do track events. 2 of us are PCA instructors and we also coach at our local Calabogie track.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Honestly, this is what th cars were made for and it's a shame that people buy them for other reasons.

Back in the day, the GT3 was thought of as too harsh for the street and only the track rats bought them and drove the wheels off them. Then the values started going up and all hell broke loose. And here we are today.

Im happy to hear that dealers still care about how they're used.

Originally Posted by 1Gunner

Of the 3 guys getting 991.2 GT3s that I'm aware of so far, all three do track events. 2 of us are PCA instructors and we also coach at our local Calabogie track.
I wonder how many members here I actually know in person but have no idea who you are here. 😂

Maybe you were my instructor at some point?

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing these cars on the track!!
Old 11-12-2017, 04:53 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Wow. Cool to hear positive stories for the average buyer. Simple things like being straightforward and fair go a long way, who knew
Old 11-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Dino524
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow. Cool to hear positive stories for the average buyer. Simple things like being straightforward and fair go a long way, who knew
I second the comments on Lauzon. Very upfront , honest and fair. Many of them are with us at the Rennsport events at LCMT. It’s always a pleasure dealing with guys which are truly passionate about their products.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

Seems like there is a lot of new demand. Hopefully these cars are at least going to enthusiast drivers and not friends of car broker/dealers. They have built close to 120 cars for Canada in just over two months. To put that in perspective, it took over 8 months for them to build that many RS's for Canada and they are over half of the total RS number already. Same for US; 2.5 months of GT3 production is around half of the total 17 months of RS production.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:15 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
Seems like there is a lot of new demand. Hopefully these cars are at least going to enthusiast drivers and not friends of car broker/dealers. They have built close to 120 cars for Canada in just over two months. To put that in perspective, it took over 8 months for them to build that many RS's for Canada and they are over half of the total RS number already. Same for US; 2.5 months of GT3 production is around half of the total 17 months of RS production.
Very interesting when you put the numbers in that perspective. How many dealers in Canada? 10?

Would be interesting to get buyer profiles to understand who these cars are going to since they are now allocated up until July 2018. Don’t know if we can simply extrapolate the 120 till July 2018 but gotta think it’s at least 250+ cars till then.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:05 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino524
I second the comments on Lauzon. Very upfront , honest and fair. Many of them are with us at the Rennsport events at LCMT. It’s always a pleasure dealing with guys which are truly passionate about their products.
^
+1
Old 11-13-2017, 09:43 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner

Its a smart approach on their part. Lots of track days means more service revenue for the dealer. Can’t wait to see your cars at Calabogie!
Old 11-13-2017, 10:24 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
Any idea how many .1's were produced for Canada and what's your gut tell you about how many .2's Canada might get?
Old 11-13-2017, 10:54 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Any idea how many .1's were produced for Canada and what's your gut tell you about how many .2's Canada might get?
The way I see it, the more the merrier!

If they build enough of them that they start to depreciate like a normal car, it might push out the flippers and speculators and make it easier for us to get them in the future.

They need to get this this sort of frenzy on the Turbo S and leave us track rats out of it. 😊

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.