Notices

991.2 GT3 Allocations.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

Volk, if you order deviating stitching (XVX), part of this includes 24106 which is the gear lever boot stitching in deviating thread. I think it just doesn't show on the builder. Your dealer can confirm when they select the XVX it will show all of the stitching locations.

The only way I can think of for removing the antenna bump is to try to remove the radio. You can ask your dealer to look for the P77 option. This is an option on the US builder but may be available to Canadian cars in the dealer's builder which has some additional options. I can't say for sure that this will actually delete the bump though.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:44 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Thing is... this and other threads here and my own experience suggests that the lists don't really tell the whole story. I'd bet that if the right person walks into Pfaff and wants a car, then that list will become 101+ and they'll get their car.

Until the allocations are actually assigned to people, there's still a chance. Walk in and talk to someone.
^ Truth!
My brother was able to secure a GT2RS allocation out west.. He simply mentioned it to a very rich friend of his and all that person did was call the local dealership and bam! allocation!
I tried everything here in Ontario to get one for him and all 3 dealerships I asked told me flat out "no chance in you obtaining an allocation"..

Hopefully I can convince him to get the next 918 iteration so I will have a shot at GTx cars without having to commit sepukku..
Old 11-22-2017, 11:30 PM
Volk53
8th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Loess
Volk, if you order deviating stitching (XVX), part of this includes 24106 which is the gear lever boot stitching in deviating thread. I think it just doesn't show on the builder. Your dealer can confirm when they select the XVX it will show all of the stitching locations.

The only way I can think of for removing the antenna bump is to try to remove the radio. You can ask your dealer to look for the P77 option. This is an option on the US builder but may be available to Canadian cars in the dealer's builder which has some additional options. I can't say for sure that this will actually delete the bump though.
That's good to know about the boot stitching. I'm going to see my dealer later this week and have it confirmed. Thanks
I hope there is still a way around to remove the roof antenna without deleting the radio. I'm hearing different things from Porsche Germany and my local dealer.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:05 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Hopefully I can convince him to get the next 918 iteration so I will have a shot at GTx cars without having to commit sepukku..
I don't think they ever offer that programme again.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:22 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

^There was no VIP program here but 918 owners still got first crack outside of the normal allocation process. I don't expect (hope! ) that practice to change as they would still want to take care of there highest paying customers.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:02 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Well if you're a good customer that's buying million dollar cars, they're obviously going to cater to you.

But there's a difference between being a good customer buying million dollar cars and being a guy taking advantage of the system and demanding allocations you have a right to just so you can flip them.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:18 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

^I hear you.. I am not a fan of flippers.. But I believe that the 918 owners are outside of this box. They took the chance and rolled the dice on a million dollar Porsche, they deserve the rewards. I also understood that all (918 owner) allocations were outside of the dealer pools.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:27 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

^I hear you.. I am not a fan of flippers.. But I believe that the 918 owners are outside of this box. They took the chance and rolled the dice on a million dollar Porsche, they deserve the rewards. I also understood that all (918 owner) allocations were outside of the dealer pools.
Yes and no. The rewards were supposed to be "have any car you like". That was never meant to be "take every car you can".

The allocations may be outside dealer pools but they still come out of the pool of cars to be allocated.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:51 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Yes and no. The rewards were supposed to be "have any car you like". That was never meant to be "take every car you can".

The allocations may be outside dealer pools but they still come out of the pool of cars to be allocated.
I can't speak on the terms of their purchase agreement, nor would I want to add my own interpretation, but it seems likely that 918 level owners are high level enthusiasts and would likely want to buy every car offered to them..
Good to note that many 918 owners were kicked out of the program in the US for flipping cars ahead of time.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

I can't speak on the terms of their purchase agreement, nor would I want to add my own interpretation, but it seems likely that 918 level owners are high level enthusiasts and would likely want to buy every car offered to them..
The ones that are... and are buying and driving all the cars... are the owners we should all be proud of and that Porsche should cater to whether there's a VIP programme or not. Props to those guys!!

Good to note that many 918 owners were kicked out of the program in the US for flipping cars ahead of time.
I've heard this mentioned here but never hear any details about how this went down.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:23 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Oh forgot to mention ( just recently learned) that if you buy cup cars from PMNA, they will grant you allocations on limited and GT cars..So another avenue is to buy strictly cup cars.. lol
Old 11-23-2017, 03:42 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So happy to confirm my July 2018 allocation!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:05 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman
So happy to confirm my July 2018 allocation!
Awesome Congrats! Spec?

Share which dealer if you can.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:10 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Thing is... this and other threads here and my own experience suggests that the lists don't really tell the whole story. I'd bet that if the right person walks into Pfaff and wants a car, then that list will become 101+ and they'll get their car.

Until the allocations are actually assigned to people, there's still a chance. Walk in and talk to someone.
I totally agree. There are some people who have serious clout with their dealers and can get anything they want at any time. But, if you're someone who has to post on RL to find out about getting an allocation, odds are you're not one of those people.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:14 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Paint to Sample now up on the Canadian Configurator for the Touring.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.