Notices

Another UCR PCA email

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010 | 11:09 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Well, I could sing it solo and unaccompanied, as I doubt that White plays the Ukelele or will have one with him and doubtful that Downe can carry a tune..

Do attend, by all means, and do introduce yourself to me, please. Maybe at the end of the evening, we'll organize a Sing Song. You make the list of songs.

Solidarity Forever ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYiKdJoSsb8

Hava Nagila?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwYuFqj6MZA&NR=1
Old 11-08-2010 | 11:44 PM
akw
Racer

Originally Posted by guykoken
Well, I could sing it solo and unaccompanied, as I doubt that White plays the Ukelele or will have one with him and doubtful that Downe can carry a tune..

Do attend, by all means, and do introduce yourself to me, please. Maybe at the end of the evening, we'll organize a Sing Song. You make the list of songs.
Unaccompanied wouldn't be much fun for the rest of us......I'm sure you can improv with water glasses

I'll add this to the potentials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw
Old 11-08-2010 | 11:54 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by guykoken
David, please come to the Meeting tomorrow evening and vote there. The setting is charming, the food excellent, and the speaker will be captivating: John Shane of Shellbourne Fuels. His talk will no doubt touch on race fuels, a volitile subject. Of course, Phil Downe, self-proclaimed UCR hot shoe and chronicler ad tedium of 944 Racecar construction and travails, will be there too, working the crowd, at least until the ballots have been collected. If you promise to be there, I'll save you a seat at the head table with Ernie and our guest speaker and perhaps some effete (according to Downe) Club poobahs. A poster here under the moniker "theiceman" has promised to introduce himself.

The evening will conclude with Phil Downe and I singing a duet...Friendship...Accompanied by Jeff White playing the Ukelele. Don't miss it.
Richard, thanks for the invite, but I wouldn't want to ruin my perfect record of NOT attending these events, by showing up. Some people may actually figure out what I look like!

I'm doing a charity thing tomorrow night anyway, for a good cause.

Perhaps I'll cast my vote tomorrow, before the deadline, once I figure out WHO to vote for!
Old 11-09-2010 | 12:18 AM
guykoken
Instructor

David, it's too late. You can now only vote by attending in person. Pity..

I used to hold the record at UCR for black flags. Years ago, they called me "Black Flag Bain". I was rather proud of it. But now that I'm a Senior, I have to set an example. As long as there's open passing, I'm OK. When there isn't, sometimes I forget..sort of...

See you at Courtney's !
Old 11-09-2010 | 12:20 AM
guykoken
Instructor

AKW

Bring some drumsticks and we'll work it out.
Old 11-09-2010 | 01:41 AM
Steve Martin
Pro

Geez "guykoen"

this is a fun forum. Sometimes a sarcastic comment is said, but NOBODY has ever draged something this long. Two posts in nearly 3 years, then a billion tons of unwanted BS. what the f*&k....

Man you were asked many times (in this thread) to take it somewhere else. I don't understand(maybe Im not that involved with the UCR enough. I was invited on a fun run last year when I got my car, but I felt very outta place and unwelcomed the whole day. Very pleasently invited, then I show up with a 928 GT....You'ld think I had horns and a tail....
the next week I found these guys that meet on saturdays. I politly asked if I could join them, even though I drive a 928(feeling like I bought the wrong car). Well I've been going as much as I can and have allways felt welcomed.

I enjoy my Rennlist experience (all sarcasim included), all the people involved within it and will be renewing that membership annually. As for the UCR, well, my membership just expired and I don't think I will renew that one. Just never was felt welcomed with anything I did with the folks there.

Sorry you didn't just lose a member, but you also lost my vote.
Old 11-09-2010 | 05:54 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Sadly I cannot attend as I will be in Washington DC which is less political, but I look forward to Iceman's reporting from the front, and of course, everyone will pull in the same direction...............

Old 11-09-2010 | 08:31 AM
guykoken
Instructor

For Why Try:

This Thread was started by a UCR member, ADW, complaining about the election campaign and Danny Kroll, a UCR Board member who is not on this year's slate, chirping in. Philip Downe, a Board member and the dissident who is running for VP, slammed me and the rest of his fellow Board members in the midst of it. On it went from there. We are not disfunctional or political, except as Downe has made us, and that is about to end. He's all about power. We're all about enjoying each other and our cars and having a good time.

Your story is horrid. We aren't as you've painted us. And your car is fabulous. I mean, the 928 is one of the great Grand Touring automobiles of all time.

Please give us another try. Come out to one of our monthly socials. Pick one where there's to be a speaker, as they draw a bigger crowd. Or if next March's one is at the Musket, try it. It's closer to you and that spot always draws a fair sized crowd. And please come to our kick off event next April at Pfaff Porsche. Check our website for the date. The motto at PCA is "It's not the cars, it's the people". From what I have seen, your unfortunate experience is unique. We are a great bunch of guys and gals and you will be welcomed.
Old 11-09-2010 | 09:57 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

unsubscribed
Old 11-09-2010 | 10:23 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

please just make it stop
Old 11-09-2010 | 10:33 AM
Christien
Race Car

Originally Posted by why try
(feeling like I bought the wrong car). .
The wrong car? 928s are awesome! On my list of cars to own someday. The only crappy Porsches are the ones driven by people who want a status symbol, rather than appreciate the cars and their history.
Old 11-09-2010 | 10:38 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

+1 on the 928. I always loved them. As for crappy Porsches, you never saw the 911S I had in the seventies. It was ten years old and it was truly, truly crappy. Some cars are classics, mine was not at that stage and had some amazing rust that eventually killed it, but I could not afford to fix it.
Old 11-09-2010 | 10:43 AM
Bahama
Pro

Being the conspiracy theorist, wouldn't it be interesting if Bain and Downe are actually best of friends, and this whole scenario was merely staged to entice membership voting within this 2 party context ????
Well done boys!!!!!!!!
I'll be bringing the Accordion along tonight. My two favourite pieces are already well rehearsed...
Bonnie Tyler's "I need a hero"
Eberhard Storch's "Auf Wiedersehen"

I'll leave he singing to others
Old 11-09-2010 | 10:51 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Richard,
your excessive posts here clearly illustrate my earlier stated point...which you were so offended by.
please control the damage you are causing by not touching the keyboard (as many here have requested)...highly unlikely...see you guys tonight
Old 11-09-2010 | 11:31 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

I will be voting in person tonight.

Guess my new COD black ops gaming in 3D will have to wait for a few hours.

Quick Reply: Another UCR PCA email