Notices

Another UCR PCA email

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:36 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts

Ah man this is hilarious ..... so who is going next Tuesday to watch the gong show ?
Old 11-06-2010, 11:42 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should attend. The decorum will surprise you. My bet, my hope, is that everyone will be well behaved. There is great comraderie among us. This is an unfortunate aberration.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:07 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

What a shame I have to be in Halifax that night...looks like it's going to be interesting! Let me know if the "camaraderie" extends to the Rennlisters too.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Let me know if the "camaraderie" extends to the Rennlisters too.
lol no that kind of behavior is not welcome here...

Originally Posted by guykoken
What needs fixing? Nothing. Why is Downe pursuing this? What's his platform? No answers.
Anything always needs Fixing and is never perfect... new people bring new idea's... and New Idea's should not be shruged away...
Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 AM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

wow this is hilarious!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Old 11-07-2010, 07:21 AM
guykoken
Instructor

Default Observation on Phil Downe's Post

Posting under "KllPhil", Downe wrote in this thread, inter alia,
"As far as Richard Bain goes, strong UCR leadership would have "slam-dunked" him 36 months ago. The next UCR leaders will handle it. Cheers, "

So Downe is saying that the leadership of UCR is weak and has been for the past three years. Downe's been a director for the past two years. So he's slamming his fellow Board members, as well as the Club's Executives, as well as me. That says a lot about him. My third year ends on November 30. Under the Club's Bylaws, Directors cannot serve more than three consecutive years.

i have had in the past three years manifold duties as a Director, including booking insurance coverage for all of our moving events, arranging the venues of our monthly socials, overseeing on behalf of the Board the operations of our Goodie Store, and acting as the Club's legal counsel. In that latter capacity, I reviewed and settled numerous contrcts for the Club, and revised and supervised the enactment of new bylaws of the Club, as well as reviewing, revising and settling for Sr. Downe the contract with Yorkville Business Association under which the Yorkville Exotic Car Show was operated last year.

Slam away, Phil. The more you do that, the more you prove the validity of my opposition to you.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Ilker@SCB
Banned

I agree with Zookie and all the other Rennlisters....
This type of conversation is not necessary - UCR members don't need this type of BS.

So let's change the subject - Any one still needs winter tires for their 997 or Cayenne
Old 11-07-2010, 09:23 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

+1

Please take this political BS somewhere else...its not wanted on Rennlist
Old 11-07-2010, 10:19 AM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 227 Posts
Default Have you actually read Downe's Ultimatum to Tekela?

I suggest you actually carefully read the Ultimatum to Tekala written by Downe, and referred to by Bain. Ask yourself if the writer of such an email has his head on straight.

At one of this year's DE's I saw Downe standing on the steps of the Mosport registration shack screaming at the UCR webmaster to resign. Not a class act.

I've been a club member for a long time. It's a great club. The club exec's work for free. The club is not broken. Yet. Elect Downe and it may become.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Ilker: no winter tires but will need new set of PS Cups for RS.1 in the Spring. Dealer tells me they are down to wear indicators on inside.....
Old 11-07-2010, 11:10 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by pickering993
+1

Please take this political BS somewhere else...its not wanted on Rennlist
+2

What makes Rennlist Canada great is that we manage to organize Fun Runs (that are larger and better organized than the UCR's), hold weekly "socials" every Saturday morning where newcomers are immediately made to feel welcome, organize and run private Porsche-only track events that provide more seat time and smiles per $ than the UCR DEs, and hold special events ( karting, detailing session, tech sessions,etc...) without a board of directors tangled up in petty politics and red tape; imagine that!?
Perhaps the UCR executive could learn a thing or two about running a club for Porsche enthusiasts from this place. If you can't do that, then as Chris D suggested, take this poisonous crap elsewhere...maybe in the general forum of the UCR?...but then again, nobody seems to post much of interest to true Porsche enthusiasts there!

FYI: I too am a PCA member as are the majority of people on this forum.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:21 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsCarBoutique
So let's change the subject - Any one still needs winter tires for their 997 or Cayenne
Ah, finally someone brings an interesting topic to this thread yes Ilker, I have just ordered a set of Blizzak LM60 for the Phaeton from Sportscar Boutique. Great price and very friendly customer service from Peter. Keep it going
Old 11-07-2010, 11:40 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Well said Phil...my sentiments exactly. Add yes, I'm a PCA member too

Originally Posted by pongobaz
+2

What makes Rennlist Canada great is that we manage to organize Fun Runs (that are larger and better organized than the UCR's), hold weekly "socials" every Saturday morning where newcomers are immediately made to feel welcome, organize and run private Porsche-only track events that provide more seat time and smiles per $ than the UCR DEs, and hold special events ( karting, detailing session, tech sessions,etc...) without a board of directors tangled up in petty politics and red tape; imagine that!?
Perhaps the UCR executive could learn a thing or two about running a club for Porsche enthusiasts from this place. If you can't do that, then as Chris D suggested, take this poisonous crap elsewhere...maybe in the general forum of the UCR?...but then again, nobody seems to post much of interest to true Porsche enthusiasts there!

FYI: I too am a PCA member as are the majority of people on this forum.

Quick Reply: Another UCR PCA email