Notices

Another UCR PCA email

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Doubtless the election will be a wonderful,amazingly objective occasion and any suggestion that the executive are full of hot air must be rejected firmly.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:37 PM
KillPhil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The imploding tanker is a riot! The sender of this latest UCR election e-mail called me to apologize. He had copied a very typical, very negative "Richard Bain" e-mail earlier in the day to save it for a possible complaint. Then he wrote a non-partisan "get out the vote" message (in MS-Word) to send to his personal e-mail list. The big SNAFU occurred when he set up the distribution list, then "cut and pasted" - it didn't work and he pasted the Richard Bain e-mail instead and hit send... Oh come on, that's not the strangest thing you've ever heard, is it? I've known Dave for four years. I consider him a friend and i respect his support for Del for VP, who is Dave's co-chair for track events, and if Dave says that's what happened, then that's what happened.

As far as Richard Bain goes, strong UCR leadership would have "slam-dunked" him 36 months ago. The next UCR leaders will handle it. Cheers,
Old 11-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

FFaust: new car??? details please
Old 11-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Anyone care to provide some info regarding what's going on at UCR? It's intriguing to say the least. Will there be fireworks at the Z1 meeting next weekend I wonder?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Default Check this out..

The archived post by me to the UCR Website which can be found via the link below should explain why the UCR Nominating Committee chose not to recommend Phil Downe, the "Kill Phil" poster above, for election this year. It was written by him and reveals much about him. There were howls of protest about the post from Jeff White (any relation to Adam White, who started this thread?), who as Downe's running mate is running for election as President in opposition to the Nominating Committee's choice. Ronan McGrath, another poster above, is a pal of Downe's, and Danny Kroll, another poster, has as a Director of UCR consistently sided with Downe all year. The UCR webmaster deleted my post on his own motion. But it continues to exist in cyberspace.

If you posters cared about UCR, you would not have posted here. Phil, you don't surprise me, but Danny? Shame on you.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Richard Bain
Old 11-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Wow. Thanks. In Rennsport we have to beg to get people on the Board
Old 11-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

lol Richard thats Weak Sauce...
Old 11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Zookie, do we know each other? If you identify yourself to me and want me to, I might provide you with much more. Ask yourself why the Nominating Committee rejected Sr. Downe, and why he wants so desperately to be elected. You would think the job paid millions.

The Club has just completed an extremely successful year, perhaps its most successful year ever. What needs fixing? Nothing. Why is Downe pursuing this? What's his platform? No answers.

The rest of us quietly serve, without personal ambition. This man toots his own horn at every opportunity. Privately ask his fellow Board members what they think of him.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Richard,
why would you shame me for saying Dave's email was inappropriate? which it was, and he has said so himself.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Because none of this should be discussed on a public forum.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Richard: welcome to Rennlist where people like each other.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

look who is calling the kettle black!
all I said was that it looks inappropriate and that I would look into it. this was intended to calm everybody down and show some reason from the executive. what you did is character assassination on a public forum...which you have done previously on the UCR forum.
please Richard do not make this worse.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
guykoken
Instructor

And I should have added that your comment about having "resigned from the Board for next year, too much bs" , was demeaning to the Board and as well was...you know...
Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Thanks, Ronan. I've been posting here for many years.

I like most people.

This business with Downe is most unpleasant. I hate conducting a negative campaign. i have never done such a thing before and hope never to do it again. But how else could I communicate my message: Defeat Downe. And I assure you, I am not alone in my views..

My comments were motivated by a genuine belief that placing Downe in a position of power or apparent authority would pose a danger to the Club. From what I have seen, and it has been up close, it is power and glory that motivates him, not a desire to serve.

Last year only a handful of members voted in our election. Hopefully, this year there will be more. Downe has been working the phones. He has been telephoning the advertisers in Provinz who are UCR members asking them to vote for him and Jeff White. It is quite possible that he would have garnered more votes than either of the other two candidates, although far fewer votes than both of them combined. That's why it became necessary for those not voting for Downe to unite behind one of the other two candidates. Dave Osborne, who is campaigning for Del Bruce (an exceptionally highly qualified individual motivated solely by a wish to serve) knows more members than I do. It was my assessment that due to his efforts, Del was attracting more votes than John Adam (also a gentleman of impecable credentials with a history of over two decades of fine service to the Club), the general membership being as apathetic as before. Hence, it became necessary, in my view, to ask those with whom I had communicated to vote for Del Bruce rather than John Adam, which is what I did.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:13 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Default For Danny

What character assassination? I posted a link to an email that Downe wrote. It is character revelation, not assassination..His email can only be analogized as as a character suicide, not an assassination.

This is a public forum. Although the UCR website can be accessed by the public, it is intended for the UCR members and accessed regularly only by them. Rennlist's audience is magnitudes broader than that.

Downe has been campaigning for over a year, using any excuse to address the throng at each gathering of UCR members at which he's been present. Those who have worked with him know what he is. The general membership does not. How else was one to educate them except by a post at the UCR Website?

Quick Reply: Another UCR PCA email