Notices

Another new Pfaff member

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Pfaff Porsche GM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new Pfaff member

Good afternoon everyone. I would first like to introduce myself. My name is Eric Levitt and I am the new General Manager at Pfaff Porsche. I do know quite a few of you on this forum already but wanted to take the time to introduce myself formally to the group. I have had a chance to read some of the old posts regarding Pfaff. I understand I am opening myself up to a lot of critisism and I am OK with that. I will answer any questions or concerns as best I can. I cant speak intelligently on what past regiem has done but I can tell you that I am a person who believes in honesty and integrity and anyone who knows me will say the same thing. If you wish to contact me directly, you can do so at ericlevitt@pfaffporsche.com. Looking forward to my new Rennlist membership.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Kirk930
Instructor

This should be interesting......
Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Rennlist, Eric. Any expertise that you can bring to the forum will be well received.

Ian
Old 11-27-2007, 03:02 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Hi Eric and welcome, I purchased my 03 996 Cab from Pfaff back in August. So far Im very happy with the car.I have only been back once for a minor service issue, in and out in a couple of hours.

I don't have any issues with your dealership and hopefully never will.

I do have a question, due to the proximity to my office, DFC is only 10 minutes away, and therefore much easier for servicing if and when required. I can't remember exactly, but I think that my Sales rep. told me that if I needed to bring in my car for servicing he would arrange for a loaner. Im I correct on that? Is this something that Pfaff provides or did I misunderstand him? My car still has the original warranty and also the two extra years, Porsche Approved Warranty.

Thanks and once again, welcome to the forum.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist and congrats.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:27 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Eric, welcome to Rennlist.

Regards

Eshel
Old 11-27-2007, 05:28 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi, welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new job!

I would like you to read an experience I had with Pfaff and the previous GM.
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/365051-fuming-mad.html

Now, as a gentleman who believes in honesty and integrity, I hope you will do your best to ensure that your entire team follows in your footsteps. I, for one, was extremely disappointed with the actions I described and the lack of follow up from the previous GM. I realize the tough situation Porsche has put you in with regards to pricing, but I hope that something as 'slimy' as this doesn't happen again.

No comments are required as it was in the past and since I did end up selling my car, it all worked out in the end.

Anyways, welcome!

PS. Post lots of pictures from the cars going through the showroom, we all love a little car-****!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Phil,

I'm trying to get the sponsorship for the Canadian fourm>>>>> me first...lol

I'm waiting to hear back. sent 2 emails so far and no reponse..

hope to hear soon so i can get my name up there.

Eric and I have worked together for a few years now and with his new appointment as GM we have already discussed my involement here on Rennlist. He was quick to agree with me that our presence here was needed and perhaps long over due.

hope to see you soon at a GTG. by the way how long do they last? i have memorial mass to go to saturday for a recently departed relative.

let me know and i will try to come out after wards.

thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Another welcome, and hopefully we'll see a new page turned at Pfaff. You're definitely throwing yourself into the lion's den here, but frankly it's long overdue that someone from Pfaff stood up and faced the music for their past actions. I'm admittedly a small-potatoes customer in a dealerships eyes - my heart is in vintage Porsches (I own a 72 911 and an 83 944) and I can't really see myself buying a brand new Porsche, unless it were a GT3 RS (though I did own a boxster for a while). I've been an active member in UCR and have been pretty disgusted by Pfaff's actions in the past, especially in the way they've bullied the club through sponsorship. If you've been a regular on the UCR forum over the last year, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

But here's to a new way of doing business, hopefully.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
hope to see you soon at a GTG. by the way how long do they last? i have memorial mass to go to saturday for a recently departed relative.

let me know and i will try to come out after wards.

thanks
Brad,
as long as you want to stay. Most of us hang around for a couple of hours.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

ok great, will see if i can drop by this saturday, if not i will make arrangements to make on the 8th.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Pfaff Porsche GM
Intermediate

RyeHigh- Thanks. Not sure if you were aware but we have a valet service that will pick up your vehicle, leave a vehicle with you and return your vehicle to you when the work is complete. People who live in the downtown area find it very convienent. Cost is only $50 and you will have a vehicle for the entire time we have yours. Let me know if you have any questions.

Eshel-Great to hear from you. How are things?

Hoffa Sorry for your experience. I dont know details about exactly what happened but I will say that there are certain circumstances that the CPO warranty could be cancelled by Porsche on a US car. Dont want to get into details here but if you want to know more, let me know. Id be happy to talk to you about it.

pongobaz-Brad and I spoke today about that and we are looking into it right now. From what I understand, Brad has contacted them and is waiting for a response. For the record, I am not on here to just earn money for the dealership. I am a Porsche lover just like you guys and I believe very strongly in the product. So much in fact I have decided to make it a living. I want you coming to Pfaff becuase you want to and you believe we have good things to offer and not because we communicate on a chat forum. Like I said, I understand there will be some challenges I will face. I cant speak intellegently on what has happend before me. I can talk about today and future and not about yesterday and past. I am here to discuss what I can. Thanks for welcoming me to the group. I will do what I can to restore your faith.

Christien- Dont really know what happened in the past with the UCR but I know that Jeff Wagman is a great guy and I would concider him a friend. I also have quite a few more friends in the UCR. We sponsor shift into spring every year and just in the process of finalizing details for next year. We will always support the Porsche club as we have in the past.

Sorry for the long winded post and thank you everyone for your welcoming messages.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Phil,

I'm trying to get the sponsorship for the Canadian fourm>>>>> me first...lol

I'm waiting to hear back. sent 2 emails so far and no reponse..

hope to hear soon so i can get my name up there.
Ahhh man, I was trying to sponsor the Canadian forum unofficially by providing my video downloads.

Anywho, welcome and I agree some pictures of what cars are in the showroom would be great!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to get the sponsorship for the Canadian fourm>>>>> me first...lol . . .I'm waiting to hear back. sent 2 emails so far and no reponse.
You might not be aware, but the ownership of Rennlist just changed. Internet Brands bought it from John D. Info can be found in this thread: New Owner

That is probably slowing down a response. User IB_Ryan seems to be the new goto guy.

Ian
Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

wellcome...

Quick Reply: Another new Pfaff member