Notices

Another new Pfaff member

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 02:45 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Late to the party here, but I would like to add a comment.

If the dealers were getting hosed by PCNA, it was their role to negotiate better conditions. While you do not want to bite the hand that feeds, you have a part of the stick too. From the posts that I read here, it seemed like the protests from the dealers were not that loud.

The salespeople on the floor are the ones eating the brunt of the crow from clients and would be clients face to face.

Now that Porsche Canada may become a reality, we will have to wait and see how that new entity reacts to client and market pressure. The new landscape may be better, or may be worse.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Pfaff Porsche GM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealers in Canada were quite loud but with only 12 dealers in the whole country, its tough to have a real presence compared to a country with 202 stores. Like I said before, we will have to wait and see what impact the seperation will have.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Denis54
Intermediate

I see on your web site that Pfaff is a Premier dealer. Could you explain what this means?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
You dont want to jeprodize your franchise. there are limits to what the manufacturer will tolerate...

i'm sure they have clauses in any agreement that would prevent such actions....

they are bigger than all of us combined.... hell Porsche owns a big chunk of VW now....

You may want to look back into recent history. I'm going off memory here but in the 70s/80s Porsche wanted to sell their product in the US via corporate stores. They were sued by a large, well organized group of dealers who didn't like this idea. This dealer groups was led by none other than George Follmer who was not only a CanAm driver but a Porsche dealer. It can be done.

Brad,
My 2005 Carrera S is a Pfaff car. I did the deal with Maurizio a couple days before Christmas 2004 and it arrived in April of 2005. I had a very pleasant buying experience. Maurizio lined up a 996, a 997 and a 996TT to test drive and then left me alone for a few weeks so I could decide what I wanted to do. Car hasn't been back to Pfaff since so I can't comment on servicing.

As for US cars, my GT3 is a US car. Try and find a red one in Canada with only 980 miles (back in July 07). It was too good a deal to pass up and consequently allowed me to keep the Carrera S and use the GT3 solely for the track. The warranty printout showing no outstanding warranty campaigns also works with the RIV.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Pfaff Porsche GM
Intermediate

The Porsche Premier Dealer Program identifies the top 25 Porsche Dealers in North America. It recognizes and rewards those Porsche Dealerships that best embrace the ‘Porsche Business Model’ – achieving the highest performance among their peers in Brand utilization, product representation and the development of key ‘Porsche business drivers’; and in doing so, succeed as independent entrepreneurs who routinely exceed the expectations of their Porsche customers.

Porsche is a prestigious, authentic brand with a unique heritage and a fervent core of enthusiasts. Porsche owners are passionate about their automobiles in a way no other automotive marque can match. Those who purchase a Porsche are buying more than a car – they’re buying a legend.

Porsche enthusiasts are driven, successful people who demand the very best. Owning a Porsche is a reflection of their values. Driving a Porsche connects with the very essence of their psyche. This deep-rooted link between car and driver must also be forged between the com- pany and the customer in order to create an ownership experience that is every bit as satisfying as the Porsche driving experience itself.

A commitment to excellence – and performance above industry standards – is expected at Porsche as a baseline for conducting business. The Porsche Premier Dealer program is dedicated to rewarding authorized Porsche dealers who routinely go above and beyond these demands in their devotion to both the Porsche brand and their valued customers. A Premier Dealer is a champion of the brand who ‘lives and breathes’ Porsche. Premier Dealers set themselves apart by exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit in their approach to customer service that epitomizes the independent mindset of Ferdinand Porsche himself. Recognition as a Porsche Premier Dealer bestows the pride and prestige of being named one of the most highly regarded Porsche dealerships in North America. The Porsche Premier Dealer marque distinguishes a dealership as one whose personnel excel at putting Porsche ideals into practice.

Since earning Porsche Premier Dealer status requires a total team effort within a dealership, please join us in congratulating the entire Porsche team at Pfaff Porsche — a Porsche Premier Dealer.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:27 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Marketing B.S.
I love that
Old 01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I have been trying to stay out of this but after reading all 8 pages I just can't.

For the Positive side, Eric I absolutely love your dealer ship. I have purchased 2 996's from Pfaff and 04 C2 and now my 04 TT.

On the sales side John Hully is by far the best car salesperson I have ever dealt with,believe me I have owned almost every brand name out there and have dealt with them all.Each and every time he could
help me he has.A true stand up man,and only want to purchase a car with him.

On the service side Jimmy is not only very knowledgeable about the cars, he is very down to earth and a true pleasure to deal with.He is real asset to your establishment.When he calls and tells me the car is done, I am more then confidant that the car is repaired correctly and on time.

Parts has always been friendly and if the part wasn't in stock they would follow up with a phone call.I think they are a professional group of people.The used car department..I have nothing to say about that on a public forum.

Now for the US vs Can car argument, I understand why people are pulling the trigger on US cars.I think this goes way deeper then price, The owners that have purchased Canadian cars feel that we have been raped by Porsche.I realize that its not the dealership's doing but never the less this puts us in a very unique predicament.I am going to give you my case ,I have been more then loyal to Porsche Canada when I decided I wanted a TT, I went to see John and told him what I was looking for . I wanted anything but Silver, well John looked for months and to my surprise he could not find anything but silver.Bottom line is I wanted a TT and so Silver it would be.So for arguments sake lets say I paid 115 K, not a great deal but hey it is a Canadian Car.So after ownership for four months I know silver was a huge mistake. I call John back and asked him to find me a Red or White one, well 6 months later it is not possible to find a car.So tell me what you would do, my car is only worth 85K now.So now a 30 K hit for less then a year and we cant find the car I want . I go on auto trader.com and I can find 10 of the car i want and I can pay between 53 to 63 depending on the mileage and options.So Should I not buy US to help absorb the totally ridicules hit I have taken? Yes I know I am not helping the Canadian resale market but why should I keep taking money out of my pocket to stay loyal to Porsche Canada, its very obvious they have not been loyal to me. While I know doing this hurts John, Jimmy and Pfaff how could i not?

I know you wont be able to answer my questions but I just want you to see how one of your loyal customers is very very frustrated. All I want to do is find a car in the color of my choice and not overpay,this very simple task seems to be impossible.Is something wrong here? Porsche the most profitable car company in the world I wounder why. I know that there is little you can do about this and have no hard feelings toward you or the dealership,I just cant accept the outcome.Now where my situation is a little more involved and John has tried his hardest I still feel I have been abandon, not by John for the record but by Porsche.I think this silver TT may be my last Canadian Porsche.I don't think Chris will notice or even really care,but as you have seen there are lots of people out there with the same feelings.I wish you good luck in the new position and nothing but success.

Last edited by kilrgt; 01-03-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:37 AM
CN
Escapee
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Eric, welcome to the Rennlist. It is a great idea to have dealer representation for Pfaff. I bought my 993 from Jason F. He was great to deal with and my experience was very positive. See you Sunday.

Quick Reply: Another new Pfaff member