Notices

Fuming mad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 05:17 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs down Fuming mad!!!

I got a call yesterday for my 02 Targa I have for sale in AutoTrader and the guy asked to meet up right away half way b/w waterloo and TO (im in Waterloo). Long story short, they seem to like the car, but low ball me by 10k (well below trade in offers I've got - even from DFC). They told me that after comparing it to an 03 Polar Silver Cab at Pfaff @ 82k they thought the cab was a "better value" compared to my somewhat less equiped Targa in the low 50s.

Anyway, they say that they would like to come check it again tomorrow. They give me a call back this morning said they were on the way. Then an hour another call to say that after talking to the Pfaff salesman that I was infact wrong about my CPO warrenty (mine's a US car). The salesman told him that it would NOT be honoured in Canada. WTF? I KNOW it is!!! We all know it is!!! But that was all it took to plant doubt in the guy's mind that you have to buy a Canadian car "becuse they are better" and mine was a "grey market car".

F**k you Pffaf Salesman whoever you are, that was really slimy move.

Last edited by hoffa; 07-14-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Sounds like a low blow.

There's a buyer out there for your car. You just hit a flake. It happens.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:41 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the encouraging words. sadly, I've had the car for sale since the spring and haven't got a whole lot of interest. Getting ready to suck it up and just trade her in (if the deal replacement comes along of course )
Old 07-14-2007, 06:50 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by hoffa
The salesman told him that it would NOT be honoured in Canada. WTF? I KNOW it is!!! We all know it is!!! But that was all it took to plant doubt in the guy's mind that you have to buy a Canadian car "becuse they are better" and mine was a "grey market car".

F**k you Pffaf Salesman whoever you are, that was really slimy move.
Phone PCNA on Monday and file a complaint against Pfaff; they probably have a pretty thick file on them by now. It won't win you back those customers, but it might cause the salesman and his manager some grief from their area rep.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

Didn't you just import that car last fall? why are you selling? was the offer below what you paid? It looks like a great car what are you asking?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:48 AM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Yes I did import the car last summer. I like the car, but I've got an itch to get a Cayman S, just love the look and feel of it.

My end cost last fall was in the low 60s when everything was said and done. I am not looking to break even - just something fair. I have it listed in the low 50s. 02 Targa w/ 84k km, silver/black, psm, xenon, power heated memory seats, bose, cd changer.

Pongobaz : thats an excellent idea. I will do that Monday.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:06 AM
goldyf355
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Phone PCNA on Monday and file a complaint against Pfaff; they probably have a pretty thick file on them by now. It won't win you back those customers, but it might cause the salesman and his manager some grief from their area rep.
Didn't Porsche announce a little while back that they would not honour the warranties on cars imported from the U.S.? Was this decision reversed or countered somehow?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

IMHO I like your car a lot better than the cayman S. wait and the right buyer will come and pay fair value. good luck!
if the other buyer was real provide them with proof that the warranty is valid or better yet guarantee it in the bill of sale. some tire kickers are looking for a reason not to buy and never will.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:42 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by goldyf355
Didn't Porsche announce a little while back that they would not honour the warranties on cars imported from the U.S.? Was this decision reversed or countered somehow?
No, some dealers tried to ban together on that, but PCNA is categorical in that the warranty on US cars is valid her too.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:29 AM
goldyf355
Track Day

Originally Posted by pongobaz
No, some dealers tried to ban together on that, but PCNA is categorical in that the warranty on US cars is valid her too.
Thank you for the clarification. Good to know, considering some of the deals to be had across the border....especially these days!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 PM
qik1320
Intermediate

Just so you are aware, any vehicle imported into Canada from the US by a broker and then sold to a retail buyer, the CPO warranty is cancelled as per Porsche Cars North America. The Sales person at Pfaff was 100% correct if in fact that vehicle was brought in by a broker.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Was your car brought into Canada by a broker, or did you do it yourself? If the latter, file a suit against Pfaff. It's not worth the time and effort to see it through to conclusion, but they might offer a settlement, and it might force them to actually confront this issue in an official manner, something they've refused to do for over a year now.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. P**** Pfaff.

FWIW, I've changed my tune a fair amount about DFC - from other's reports of dealing with them, plus my own (albeit small change) dealing with them, I've found them to be really helpful and having a good attitude, even with my (now ex-to-me) US boxster.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:38 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Good point qik1320, but this time I brought it in my self.

Im with you Christien.... p**** em. I really wish someone would open up a dealer outside Toronto (Perhaps Oakville, London or Waterloo).

I've heard good things about DFC too. They offered to take my car of my hands if I bought a new Cayman, but I just cant justify a new one at this time.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

There used to be one in St Catherines many years ago now , in fact I think that I where Auguste LeCourte started ..

One in London would be nice but more likely to see it in Oakille/ Burlington I guess.. surprised not to see one in Kitchener , but the average household salery probably doesn't do it for them ...
Old 07-17-2007, 03:22 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

I'd agree to your statement about Kitchener, but Waterloo has gone through an amazing transformation over the last five years with RIM, OpenText, MKS, etc etc. Lots of companies have gone public in my neck of the woods.

Maybe one day

Quick Reply: Fuming mad!!!