Notices

My first and last visit to the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:20 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... I can't believe as a group you call yourself "993 people"... That makes me laugh. So does one have to buy a 993 to be in the special 993 people club? If somebody doesn't like your car why do you care?

I have 2 944 Turbos and a 924S race car. Noble please insult them all you want...

Why am I wasting my time typing this?...

-Patrick
Old 01-24-2007, 11:12 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For myself it is not about if he does not like a certain car or not it is his egotistic attitude and his "**** does not stink "

Like his signature states "Location: apparently in all of your minds " because
he seem to be out of his .
Old 01-24-2007, 11:30 PM
togueep3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
where was i whining ? please
OT: I read it somewhere else so I'll say it, How old are you 16?????
Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Wow... I can't believe as a group you call yourself "993 people"... That makes me laugh. So does one have to buy a 993 to be in the special 993 people club? If somebody doesn't like your car why do you care?

I have 2 944 Turbos and a 924S race car. Noble please insult them all you want...

-Patrick
Patrick, 993 owners typically dont go around calling other cars junk or trash like our infamous friend here. If you spend some time on the 993 board, you'll quickly realize these folks are quite respectful, nice, intelligent and love to help others as well as admire many of the newer 911 iterations.

That is, until folks much like NewbeeGT3 start slinging the crap around, name calling or generalizing certain groups of people here on Rennlist. Or, much worse, post content of PM's received. NOT cool by any standard.

To answer your question, no sir, one doesnt have to own a 993 to join in nor is there any special '993 club' No worries my friend -- its all good!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:24 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by briefescape
For myself it is not about if he does not like a certain car or not it is his egotistic attitude and his "**** does not stink "

Like his signature states "Location: apparently in all of your minds " because
he seem to be out of his .
and yet you cant resist posting about me.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by togueep3
OT: I read it somewhere else so I'll say it, How old are you 16?????
why? do 16 year old boys turn you on?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:31 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
I have 2 944 Turbos and a 924S race car. -Patrick
Hi Patrick, I do no remember seeing you at our weekly Get Together (every Saturday at 10:00am, back parking lot of Starbucks @ Chapters across the road from the Sherway Garden). Come and meet your fellow Toronto P-car nuts (993s, 964s, 996s, 997s, 944s, 928s,... everybody is welcome).
See you then.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:35 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Patrick, 993 owners typically dont go around calling other cars junk or trash like our infamous friend here. If you spend some time on the 993 board, you'll quickly realize these folks are quite respectful, nice, intelligent and love to help others as well as admire many of the newer 911 iterations.

That is, until folks much like NewbeeGT3 start slinging the crap around, name calling or generalizing certain groups of people here on Rennlist. Or, much worse, post content of PM's received. NOT cool by any standard.

To answer your question, no sir, one doesnt have to own a 993 to join in nor is there any special '993 club' No worries my friend -- its all good!
you should reallly read your shakespeare more. the quote " methinks thou doest protest too much", comes to mind you are so insecure about liking the 993 you cant resist coming back and posting.
in every past time i do cars, guns,motorcycles and horses there are always the know it alls who cant stand dissenting opinion and go nuts trying to prove their point. facts are facts and you dont like them. in my opinion and based on time moving on ( which you clearly dont like) 993 are inferior to newer porsche. its true whether you like it or not and even if you examine lug nuts all day long.
keep posting you are just proving that you cant stand contrary beliefs
Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by PPo

-Patrick
you are just being nice because i sponsored your ice racing one year. leave these weenies to cry about their cars.
P.S 924 means you practice the turkish snowcone
Old 01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by AM993
Hi Patrick, I do not remember seeing you at our weekly Get Together....
I would like to, and eventually I will... Between Ice Racing, Racing, Skiing, Fixing Cars, and a having an 8 month old Son it is almost impossible to get an free morning.. in the summer I will...

cheers,
P
Old 01-25-2007, 10:42 AM
PPo
Drifting

I am not defending Noble, but you have to realize he really is harmless and really funny! Easily one of the bests humour/insult posters on the Rennlist.

It has been said many times... Arguing on the Internet is like being in the special olympics, you may win but you are still retarded.

My mileage varies,
Patrick
Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
any facts to add or just more geek ranting?? shouldnt you go back to your racist comments about chinese people??
hey another idiot who needs a life . carry on carry on.
chinese people? who said anything about chinese people?

you're right about a lot of things sir. but you will need to show me/us where i have made racist comments. please do it quickly.

the really curious part is: what do you know? you bought 4 new porsches since 2000? does this make you an expert, or just some rich dude? i ask because i can't tell. but you listed all your purchases to convince this community that you have credibility. you even quoted car magazines, which we all know MUST be credible, because it's in print- and they charge money to read.

i've been called many things (mostly by my wife), but never a geek. but based on my calling you foolish, i must be a geek. nice reasoning. it's like saying...i've had a 996, so it's clearly a better built car than any previous model. it's newer, so it's must be better is a laugher. you can't be taken seriously because all you've proven is overwhelming stupidity and a complete lack of reasoning.

"they don't build 'em like they used to." this is a common saying in the states- perhaps the world. in some cases, this is true. 993 was relatively low volume. 993 paved the way for porsche to make a comeback. boxster and 996 needed to be produced in large volume for porsche to move forward. those cars were the result of an operation that went more efficient, shared parts, and had mass appeal due to everyday driveablility. on paper, they did a little better than the model they replaced. in that respect, you are right. the next gen cars will always perform a bit better. that's actually what sells them . it's easy/easier to design a car to meet performance goals, than it is to meet emotional goals- especially when the emotional goals vary so widely. not everybody likes the 993. the pedals are heavy, the dash design is old, the engine has emission issues for those stateside, etc. what the 993 has going for it is the visceral feeling of the overall drive. this is something you wouldn't know- and don't seem to recognize anyway- because you haven't owned one. who knows, maybe you've never even driven one.

nobody in the know ever makes the arguement that you make. nobody says the 996 is better built than the 993. the 993 is generally considered the best built, modern 911 for a reason. 993 is designed to last. the motor is designed to be rebuilt, and the chassis is screwed together better than anything before or after it so far. most of all, it still feels like the great 911's before it. 996/997 feel more modern. modern bad, not modern good. most people conclude this.

the 993 fantasy world market you speak so eloquently about is due to widespread stupidity, right?

oh no, wait. used 993's must be worth more than comparable 996's because 993 owners are dillusional morons. now that you've pointed out that the 996 is actually a better built 911, i'm sure the 993 market will tank down to where it's supposed to be.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Ipecac
Advanced

[My attempt to bring the thread "back to topic"]

I have mixed feelings about going to the dealer for any work to be done on my PCar. The main thing is, it's an '00, so it's out of warranty. A friend of mine is a sales person there and ensures I get good service, but wow -- you sure PAY for it.

But I definitely know that since my car is a US Car, it won't get prioritized. I need to bring it in to get one of the key remotes reprogrammed, and they gave me an uber-quick appointment -- but I think it's because I name dropped. But that's just a quick $70 in/out job. No biggie.

When I called about getting day time running lights installed, the service guy quoted $1000. Wow. I was flabbergasted. I couldn't yell at the poor service guy, since he's only quoting a price and didn't have any part in setting it. But it's obvious that they are upset with US cars being brought into Canada, and want to penalize us for it. Which is ok. We are a (semi) capitalist country, with a (semi) free market system. So I quickly took it to James @ Scan for a fraction of the cost.

I worry that I will be penalized for other work as well.

So, other than visiting my friend in the showroom, I'm not going to be spending a hecukva-lotta time there.

'cac
Old 01-25-2007, 03:53 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

I'm not really sure what to do in the Vancouver area where GT3s are rare. Any idea how many GT3s are in Vancouver? I'm wondering if I should periodically bring it to Seattle where there are more GT3-experienced mechanics. That way, if there are any strange GT3-specific noises or issues, a more experienced mechanic will have a chance at spotting it.

Right now my car is running great and still under warranty, but I guess I'm just wondering where's the best place to bring it to. It seems at MCL you can't even park your car anywhere. I've heard good things about Scan, but has a GT3 ever been in their shop? At least at the Bellingham Porsche dealership there is ample parking and even a Grizzly tools store around the corner to hang out at.

Last edited by AllanJ; 01-25-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-25-2007, 04:23 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Allan phone or go down To Scan and ask to speak to Andy . He is a straight up guy he will able to address your concerns and they are a great bunch over there . From new owner to race track guy Andy will treat you right . I am newer to pcar and learned so much from talking to these guys . They never tried to over sell at anytime .

Quick Reply: My first and last visit to the Dealer