My first and last visit to the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts
Thumbs down My first and last visit to the Dealer

---

Last edited by pongobaz; 06-13-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:28 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil,

that is some F'ed up ****. Truely EVIL, man! You
must have the patience and calm of a zen master,
because I would be taking the low road on this one.

By low road, i mean i'd be PLOTTING.

Sorry you were treated in such a way.
Next service, go to Autowerks, and feel good.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Oh young one you must learn to: run silent, run deep.
Believe me I am plotting! Already spoke to PCNA about this and don't forget that I work in the industry AND with the automotive press. Revenge is a dish best served cold!
In the meantime, I'll go to Autowerks.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the kind of stuff that people remember.............
Old 08-15-2006, 07:36 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Thats a good price, is that including the rental?
I paid 1,400. Didn't use my PCA membership and didn't request a rental. They took 2 days to do the service guess they charged me the extra 400 bones for the overnight stay.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Thats a good price, is that including the rental?
I paid 1,400. Didn't use my PCA membership and didn't request a rental. They took 2 days to do the service guess they charged me the extra 400 bones for the overnight stay.
Hi Greg,
yes that includes the rental but I did not have the two air filters changed or the wiper blades since all these items were pretty new. All that adds almost $300 to the bill...how do i know? Because they tried to charge me for them even though my list of "don't touch items" was attached to the RO. Also I didn't get the brakes bled since that was already done in October.
Actually, I think the price is pretty high for basically an oil change and some new plugs.
It had to stay the extra day because they broke part of my pass door inner panel while repairing the window streaking problem and they had to wait for the part.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:30 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

autowerks all the way...courtney will even take the car to pfaff for warranty stuff if needed as part of him servicing the car. 905 850 7600
Old 08-15-2006, 08:31 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

ok then, guess the over night stay wasn't that bad but still this service doesn't take 2 days.
These guys are over booking and making the customers wait!
I should start selling wiper blades
Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Phil, that's an absolute nightmare of a story. $16 a spark plug? WTF? If that included labour I could see it, but wow.

I'm sure he has indeed been on the receiving end of a **** storm several times, and so should he. The dealerships are all being cry-babies because they can't compete with US cars - one guy in service at Pfaff even told me so himself. And even after you gave them 7 months to find you a car.

Surely that's service that's worth paying $117/hr for...
Old 08-15-2006, 11:42 PM
rebe1
Racer

Cool, your complaint + mine in less than a week. PCNA said they'd get back to me tomorrow.

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Oh young one you must learn to: run silent, run deep.
Believe me I am plotting! Already spoke to PCNA about this and don't forget that I work in the industry AND with the automotive press. Revenge is a dish best served cold!
In the meantime, I'll go to Autowerks.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:46 PM
rebe1
Racer

Damn, think I found a new garage

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
autowerks all the way...courtney will even take the car to pfaff for warranty stuff if needed as part of him servicing the car. 905 850 7600
Old 08-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
My car just spent the better half of 2 days at Pfaff for its 48K service and a few warranty repairs. Here are some of the facts:
1-my car is a US car that I bought from a fellow rennlister in Vancouver. FYI: I gave Pfaff and DFC 7 months to try to find me a suitable car and they could not because of a lack of used inventory at the time.
2-my OEM warranty is still in effect until the end of May 2007
3-I booked my service appointment over 2 months ago online and requested a loaner/rental for the day.
4-asked that the following items not be included in the service since they had already been done fairly recently: Air & pollen filter, wiper blades, brakes.
5-I showed the service advisor my PCA membership card when I arrived to drop the car off. Pfaff promotes the PCA with info/sign-up flyers on the service desks and offers a 10% discount to members on parts and service (more on this later)

Let me say that my advisor was very courteous, prompt and efficient when I dealt with him; but that should be a given with a prestige brand like this. All the work was performed as requested and the car was returned to me clean inside and out. Total bill was $1090 ($117 per hour and $16 per spark plug does add up!). Now this is where it gets interesting: As I'm getting ready to pay up, I was informed that because I had a US car I was not entittled to any PCA discount whatsoever, my loaner/rental was not complimentary (big deal) and that for any future service there would be a 4-5 week wait for me when booking. I was also told that I could call PCNA and complain to them if I wanted, but that this was the Dealer Principal's policy on US cars. Interesting that they chose to tell me AFTER charging me a grand! I asked to see something in writting regarding this policy and I was told I could not. I asked if I could contact Chris Pfaff the owner, and I was informed that I could send him an email.
At no time did I lose my temper or raise my voice, in fact the service advisor thanked me for not "losing it" on him and being so understanding (I guess he's been on the receiving end of a sh$t storm a few times ). I explained that it had been my hope to build a relationship with this dealership by giving them my service business this time, but that unfortunately due to this arbitrary and vindictive policy, I would not be back nor would I ever recomend them to anyone in the future.
I wasn't surprised by this considering everything that's been posted in the last few months, but I was hoping that the dealer would rise above such petty behavior with a PAYING customer.
There are lots of indy Porsche trained techs in the GTA who are probably as good if not better, probably a little fairer on price and who genuinely want our business. That's where my vote goes next time.
They certainly have a narrowminded perspective.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:08 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by rebe1
Damn, think I found a new garage

do it..if you are unhappy with your service i will be shocked and even pay your bill!! courtney is awesome and i have no ownership or other stake in the shop...
Old 08-16-2006, 02:12 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

If I operated an independent Porsche shop in this area, I'd be LOVING the dealer's attitude to US cars! That said, I buy parts at Pfaff for my project car quite regularly and take advantage of the 10% discount. I better not tell 'em I found the car in the U.S.!
Old 08-16-2006, 03:26 PM
BIMMERMIKE
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Where are they located?

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3

Quick Reply: My first and last visit to the Dealer