Notices

My first and last visit to the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:42 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by briefescape
Allan phone or go down To Scan and ask to speak to Andy . He is a straight up guy he will able to address your concerns and they are a great bunch over there . From new owner to race track guy Andy will treat you right . I am newer to pcar and learned so much from talking to these guys . They never tried to over sell at anytime .
Thanks for the info and I'll keep them in mind for certain jobs. The biggest strike against them so far is the location since I'm in the White Rock area. With a Nexus border pass, I can get to Bellingham in a few minutes.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Ipecac
Advanced

Originally Posted by AllanJ
Thanks for the info and I'll keep them in mind for certain jobs. The biggest strike against them so far is the location since I'm in the White Rock area. With a Nexus border pass, I can get to Bellingham in a few minutes.
Aw, you're lucky!

Although I had lived in Seattle for year, and made bi-weekly trips back to Vancouver, that was over 8 years ago and I had forgotten how close Blaine/BirchBay/Bellingham was to us. That is, up until the last 4 weeks when I imported a car... and made multiple trips for various reasons.

It sounds like you've been to Roger Jobs before... how do you find them?

'cac
Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ipecac
Aw, you're lucky!

Although I had lived in Seattle for year, and made bi-weekly trips back to Vancouver, that was over 8 years ago and I had forgotten how close Blaine/BirchBay/Bellingham was to us. That is, up until the last 4 weeks when I imported a car... and made multiple trips for various reasons.

It sounds like you've been to Roger Jobs before... how do you find them?

'cac
Yup, I love the Nexus pass. I just got it upgraded to Nexus Air too.

Never been to Roger Jobs, just drove by them last summer on my way to Grizzly Tools and was thinking "What's a Porsche dealership doing here? That could come in handy if I buy a newer one." Fast forward a few months and here I am.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:33 AM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

Now to get back on topic somewhat ... pongobaz did PCNA ever get back to you?

I know that the US/CAD exchange problem applies to all the car manufacturers and each is doing similiar things to discourage us from importing US cars.

Remember when the exchange was the other way around and the US were importing CAD cars. The US dealers had similiar issues and the manufacturers tried many different ways to stop CAD dealers from selling cars to the US. I heard that CAD Honda dealers could lose their dealer status if they were caught selling cars to the US.

Will the car manufacturers ever figure out that the consumers now realize that we are in a truly global market and just as the manufactures are able to generate greater profits by manufacturing around the world, the consumer is able to benefit by shopping around the world.

PCNA's solution to the current exchange issue is not to adjust CAD prices to a more realistic price but to impose a three to four week wait period regardless of how busy the dealership is. What a great solution!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:10 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by canuck964
Now to get back on topic somewhat ... pongobaz did PCNA ever get back to you?

PCNA's solution to the current exchange issue is not to adjust CAD prices to a more realistic price but to impose a three to four week wait period regardless of how busy the dealership is. What a great solution!
No PCNA did not get back to me on that. However, I stopped going to that dealer and went to the other dealer in town for warranty service. Fortunately, they had a completely different attitude and treated me like one of their own clients with an immediate appointment and loaner car.

BTW: it isn't PCNA's decision to make you wait 3 to 4 weeks, it is the individual dealer(s) choosing to allienate customers that way.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

So DFC turned out to be the good guys in this case?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:36 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
So DFC turned out to be the good guys in this case?
Absolutely. As I mentioned in another post, Khalil Khan (service manager) is a class act.

Quick Reply: My first and last visit to the Dealer