+ I'm being sh***ed by UPS +

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 02:15 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry + I'm being sh***ed by UPS +

The 3 letters missing are "aft".
I'm awaiting a package from the states valued at $41.xx, here is what they are charging me in brokerage and other fees : $19.45brk + $5.85 (for the trouble of charging me $19.45) + $9,44(gst+pst+duty) + $4.25 for collecting all that $$$ for a total of $40.xx(on top of shiping $) on a $41.xx value...
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html
I will never do business with UPS ever again.
Am I pissed off? You bet I am, when the package arrives on wednesday, it's going back.
BTW, a couple of weeks ago, UPS charged me ~$50(+all the taxes) on a $745 valued package, no where near the 100% they are charging me for this one. No wonder the paint on those trucks looks real nice.

$$ are in CDN
Old 02-13-2006, 04:20 PM
951North
Pro

Originally Posted by DANdeMAN
The 3 letters missing are "aft".
I'm awaiting a package from the states valued at $41.xx, here is what they are charging me in brokerage and other fees : $19.45brk + $5.85 (for the trouble of charging me $19.45) + $9,44(gst+pst+duty) + $4.25 for collecting all that $$$ for a total of $40.xx(on top of shiping $) on a $41.xx value...
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html
I will never do business with UPS ever again.
Am I pissed off? You bet I am, when the package arrives on wednesday, it's going back.
BTW, a couple of weeks ago, UPS charged me ~$50(+all the taxes) on a $745 valued package, no where near the 100% they are charging me for this one. No wonder the paint on those trucks looks real nice.

$$ are in CDN
That's why I like USPS.... Unfortunately companies don't like to use them so much, I guess they don't pick up at your door like UPS?

Jason.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

USPS or no sale ...... "mericans are wising up!!!
Oh ... if it is less than $50 .... no Tx or Duty ..... just sign for the package and "have a good day,eh"?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

When I order stuff I insist it be shipped by USPS. UPS did a similar number for me. $58 or so "brokerage charges" for a $99 pair of shoes. I swore to avoid them at all costs from then on.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:06 PM
jgdixon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have had similar issues with UPS.
Fedex is much better, no broker fees, sometimes no tax!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:10 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
USPS or no sale ...... "mericans are wising up!!!
Oh ... if it is less than $50 .... no Tx or Duty ..... just sign for the package and "have a good day,eh"?
Where is that writen? I knew about the less than $20cdn but less than $50 is new to me and UPS won't let me have the package if I don't pay.

Just called them to see where the $$ was going and they are pocketing $33.99 and the rest goes to TX and this is above what I payed for shipping

Correction, they charged me $88.xx bkr on a total of $206(tx and all) on my previous order of $745 not $50. I'll have to call back and see how much when in there pocket... I was charged $100US for shipping on this one

Did I mention I hate being SH***ET. I swear on my mother's grave (and she's still alive) to never do business with UPS and warn anyone that is importing.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:20 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Look at my avatar.....This is how I feel right now
Old 02-13-2006, 06:49 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

IIRC it is less than $20 is free. This is why I get everything shipped to Blaine WA then drive across and bring it back myself. Car parts are duty free, you just pay GST/PST, and shipping is cheaper. USPS lost my to Canada shipping business when a well packaged box from Paragon arrived to Canada Customs with six large holes in it. Only a box of brake pads was AWOL, amazingly. Dodged a bullet with that one, could have lost several pricey parts. Total in the box was $1500+USD in goodies. I can post pics of this if you want to see, it was quite amazing the damage that was done.

Theyre all useless, the big shippers ive have dealings with, heres my list so far:
USPS Global Express: That box that got arserammed with a forklift or something
UPS: Gotten lost several times to one place, once delivered to a FedEX office (yes, seriously 100% not a lie, got the address wrong and delivered it to the FedEX office a few doors over).
FedEX: Also gotten lost a couple times, cost me money in reshipped packages.
USPS Within the USA: ****tiest excuse of a tracking system ever. Slow to deliver packages sometimes.

Ill never rely on any of them to get anything across the border, thats a waste of time. Once I started shipping to a MailBoxes company, things got better, but those three experiences will always be held against them (especially USPSGE, that box had fragile stickers on it and everything). The few dealings ive had with DHL and Purolator have been great. Only about one or two shipments with each, and 50 or so with FedEX, UPS, USPS combined.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:11 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by theedge
.... Car parts are duty free, you just pay GST/PST, and shipping is cheaper...
Do you mean at the border crossing AND by mail?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Where is that writen? I knew about the less than $20cdn but less than $50 is new to me and UPS won't let me have the package if I don't pay.
Past experiance .... have them put on the package that it is used autoparts and worth $50 .... worked 3 times for me as well as I had a used steering rack shipped with no additional fees ...
Old 02-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Past experiance .... have them put on the package that it is used autoparts and worth $50 .... worked 3 times for me as well as I had a used steering rack shipped with no additional fees ... or core charge ...
Old 02-14-2006, 11:58 AM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Any time you buy something in the US and get it sent up here you can wind up paying customs brokerage. I don't have as much experience as some here but I have found it hit and miss. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

I think Brian has the right idea. I have a friend that lives in Washington. I ship everything to his house. Sometimes you luck out when you cross the border and they don't make you pay anything.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

guys i feel your pain.

UPS: i think they calculate their brokerage fees based on mood, alignment of celestial bodies and whether or not the broker had a good breakfast that morning, i've been ****ed on all my dealings with them. Jihad on them.

USPS/Canada Post: No problems yet, i thought they lost one of my packages once and they sent out an insurence check for the value, then the goods showed up, so i didn't cash the cheque. That was great service in my opinion. **** happens, but they took care of it.

DHL: Amazing. UPS and FedEx didn't even want to pickup seats when I ship them. DHL's size limits are double that of the other shippers. Good rates and their staff is very helpful.

FedEx: They assramed me once on duties for B&M shifters, which are made in the ****ing united states, and should be gratis under NAFTA. Appart from that, their sevice was very good and online software has made aranging pickups very easy. I will continue 2 work with them.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:40 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
...Jihad on them...

Returned the package today, same guy as last time, he was not suprised that I did not accept this on. "Your not accepting this one? No problem." he said as if he was used to it. I sincerly hope that many client will return there package(s), this company needs to know that gowging is not the way to go...
Old 02-15-2006, 11:10 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do you mean at the border crossing AND by mail?
Either way, the other fees are for the paperwork they have to do... Apparently.

Quick Reply: + I'm being sh***ed by UPS +