Notices

NZers Track Tour Spring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks John. Noted. Looking good for RSR....
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Here's the poll guys. Vote away....

http://www.europacific.co.nz/playday...php?topic=14.0
Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You Auckland boys should just buy the thing and then we can all use it

http://www.nzmotorsportpark.co.nz/
New Zealand’s pre-eminent Motorsport Park is for sale as a Freehold Going Concern – all or part(s).

This is a rare and once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire a consented and fully operational motor racing facility. The vendors are fully committed to the sale.

Last edited by Kiwi Carguy; 04-25-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Old 04-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Update from Tony on naming-

In naming your group remember the word “race ” is very very bad. It changes a Track day to a race day & brings in MSNZ & it could also nullify any insurance so we are careful never to be associated with that word

I will be changing the options on the poll shortly. I suggest we consider substituting with the word "club"
Old 04-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
Update from Tony on naming-

In naming your group remember the word “race ” is very very bad. It changes a Track day to a race day & brings in MSNZ & it could also nullify any insurance so we are careful never to be associated with that word

I will be changing the options on the poll shortly. I suggest we consider substituting with the word "club"
Bugger! Been racking my brain. I like RSR! What about Rennlist Social Runs NZ?

Spirited Runs?

I'm guessing the word "speed" is out of the question too?

Last edited by Kiwi Carguy; 04-25-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I think we may have to settle with RSC - Rennlist/Rennsport sociial club. "Runs" sounds like we have the bot...LOL!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 PM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
I think we may have to settle with RSC - Rennlist/Rennsport sociial club. "Runs" sounds like we have the bot...LOL!
Even tho I probably can't make the first one, I go with RSC.. Gruppe has too Germanic a connection for this NZ'er. 'Runs' make me squirm in my seat. Can't find how to post on your poll Macca so doing it here..
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Phil. Ill add you in to the poll on the Carrerasport site
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

A quick update for everyone.

Ive had pricing back from Tony. we are looking at $5220 to take Taupo A1GP track for the day including Playday fee. We have reserved teh spot but it will not be held until we pay a deposit of $2610 (ideally in the next two weeks). For Manfield our group can run for $1890. If we factor in $1200 for support vehicle/tools/personnel and $1200 for say racing ray for two days plus fuel and accommodation we are looking at $9500 all up. Based on a worse case scenario of 10 that's $950 a head. We can run two sessions of 5/6 cars at Taupo with a third group to subsidize our costs (Matt in Taupo is keen and Im sure we can rustle up 4 more for the day). If our group ends up being 12 we can do this for $800 a head. If we charge $200 a head for extras at Taupo we would have $1000 of extra cash to put towards accommodation in Taupo.

So hopefully this works for everyone? I will post the Track Tour to the CarreraSport site this weekend in order to get interest to fill the extra 3-5 slots below. We will have to pay a non refundable deposit of approximately $250 in teh next two weeks to Tony to firm up Taupo. Balance of funds for the events needs to be paid no later than 01 August.

Steve R is working with Prestigio to formalize our groups policy for these sessions. hes hoping to get coverage extended from here in to 15 cars. there will be conditions (an instructor present on the day, road registered cars only no race cars etc). He will get something hopefully in writing in the next week or so once we provide the groups name.

1). Mark (yes)
2). Paul (yes)
3). Peter (yes)
4). Michael (yes)
5). John (yes)
6). Steve R (yes)
7). Neil D (yes)
8). Matt (to confirm and based on new vehicle)
9). Jamie (Yes but need to confirm based on dates)
10). ????
11). ????
12). ????

Hope everyone is pleased with that. It looks like its all coming together and will be a great event. Ive asked Tony for Playday event dates at HD in September. there is a possibility there may be something at HD we can attend the weekend before or after the track tour for those (like me) who need to get in some practice! Ill keep you informed. Looks like we are getting closer for a name with 10 votes already in and Rennsport Social Club (sounds like a cuban band LOL!) surging ahead in the polls.

Unfortunately it looks unlikely Sean will make it down for September. I was sad to hear this but its understandable as he wants to participate in Targa Tour at the end of October and serious work commitments mean the time and 20 hrs of flying will make it almost impossible for him to attend. We will have plenty of red 964s in attendance to celebrate him I hope....
Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mate - great job here getting this together so fast. Look forward to getting a confirmed list so we know its a definite go.

Re Taupo there is definitely the option for more cars which I think would make it a fun day and opportunity to meet more people and see some cool cars. I'd be aiming for 2 groups of 10-12 on track minimum else it will feel quite empty.

Bummer re Sean but understand.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Peter I agree plenty of scope for Taupo. Tony isn't interested in filling slots so it will be up to us. Ill likely hand that over to you guys in a few weeks once we have deposits in place. For insurance purposes we are on a tight leash so will have to create a third and seperate session for allcomers. We will not be relying on it financially which is good.

Last edited by Macca; 04-26-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 602 Likes on 359 Posts

Agree, thanks for getting us this far Macca. Deposits usually galvanise commitment "money talks BS walks" so that will be the true indication of numbers. What's the best way to add groups to Taupo without becoming organisers?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi John. Its just a matter of inviting friends. I can put the word out with the Targa Tour Group I regularly do Sunday Runs with and Im sure at least two of them would be interested. We already have Matt in Taupo. I think there may be some Hamilton based folk on here that could be interested. We only need one session group so lets say maximum 10-12. Cant be too hard to find. We cant advertise or anything formal but Im sure we all have enough "car nut mates" to figure something out....
Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

At what point do we need to ask a friend. I have a couple of responsible guys in mind if we need more numbers.

Quick Reply: NZers Track Tour Spring 2013