Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Asia-Pacific (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-asia-pacific-100/)
-   -   Any Rennlisters from New Zealand? (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-asia-pacific/246405-any-rennlisters-from-new-zealand.html)

John McM 07-05-2014 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 11487146)
Great feedback guys. I don't think time will allow more than 1 session per person on the 19th John so Daves time will be safe. Leader-board needs to show best time first session so everyone is one even ground. Most of us have never seen the car set let alone sat in it or had drive time around the block...

No problem doing First session and overall leaderboard

Session 1

1. Doug 1.30.856
2. John 1.31.471
3. Dave 1.32.262

Overall fastest regardless of session numbers

1. Dave 1.28.502
2. Doug 1.29.401
3. John 1.31.471

I have to say that the leaderboard is going to bunch up quickly. I'd certainly prefer some type of accurate timing to be used....

O2GO 07-05-2014 03:29 AM

^^^^ and like Graeme says, we need a wet leaderboard perhaps too?

John McM 07-05-2014 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna (Post 11487179)
^^^^ and like Graeme says, we need a wet leaderboard perhaps too?

A missed opportunity this afternoon. It certainly was wet, unlike Dave's 'moist' session first up.

Macca 07-05-2014 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 11487141)
Jut to add to Doug's points. The Neksgen was great when using the harness. I'd be interested to know if we can fit more anchor points to RSG helmets and share the actual Neksgen devices around when driving BB.

Good idea John. We need to buy an additional few sets of posts. Im happy to put in for this. Means we can share a neck brace...

O2GO 07-05-2014 04:21 AM

For the first time I've read up about the 2k cup with real interest. John, your strategy with BB may add a new dimension to RSG and get a few of us into budget racing. I certainly loved the more relaxed running close today with less concern about the possibility of a light touch. I also felt like there was a lot less chance of a major mishap due to the lower power and speeds. Racecraft becomes so much more important than mods and I like that.

Was good to see Dave thrash a car and get a good time too ha ha.

John McM 07-05-2014 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 11487197)
Good idea John. We need to buy an additional few sets of posts. Im happy to put in for this. Means we can share a neck brace...

I won't be at the 19th, but can lend the Neksgen and anchor to anyone that wants to use it. Otherwise, longer term I think it's best if people invest in the anchor and just borrow the device. BB has a comfortable seat and a great harness. The Neksgen is the final step. BB may not be hugely fast but she's still capable of spearing into a wall.

John McM 07-05-2014 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna (Post 11487213)
For the first time I've read up about the 2k cup with real interest. John, your strategy with BB may add a new dimension to RSG and get a few of us into budget racing. I certainly loved the more relaxed running close today with less concern about the possibility of a light touch. I also felt like there was a lot less chance of a major mishap due to the lower power and speeds. Racecraft becomes so much more important than mods and I like that. Was good to see Dave thrash a car and get a good time too ha ha.

Let's get our licence, run a full run of sessions through the co-owners and see where it leads. I'm certainly keen as the next step on the racing side. That said, I don't see this replacing the Porsche obsession. I will still be keen on all of the existing RSG activities.

Maxem 07-05-2014 05:17 AM

I better play my damp track card for session 1 then to justify that pathetic attempt!

O2GO 07-05-2014 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 11487230)
Let's get our licence, run a full run of sessions through the co-owners and see where it leads. I'm certainly keen as the next step on the racing side. That said, I don't see this replacing the Porsche obsession. I will still be keen on all of the existing RSG activities.

Me neither. Track, improve and fast drive Porsches and race/thrash cheap Jap stuff. Like Graeme's approach, although I'm not saying his rally car is cheap ;)

O2GO 07-05-2014 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Maxem (Post 11487234)
I better play my damp track card for session 1 then to justify that pathetic attempt!

Yep, fair call. By the time I got a go it was nice and dry. Sure makes a difference.

Macca 07-05-2014 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Maxem (Post 11487234)

Seems fair. Best put a D after Daves name - he did demonstrate capability on his second session after all. I wonder if he has been practicing around the streets of Kohi?

Who took out the gymkhana? Paul how did you go mate?

Maxem 07-05-2014 05:50 AM

I'll sit out the BB sessions on the 19th to get as many on the leader board as poss, maybe even a second round for some. Car is gassed up and parked at Chris M's, no doubt will be seen cruising the main on saturday night aye Chris! I will bring it up on the 19th and the plan is we leave it at HD. Until that gas station opens up there on the corner we might have to do gerry cans or runs for gas. Aim is to leave it full at the end of the day ready for the next crew. Will have to work out some sort of cash per run to fund the day's tank load. I've just been chucking 91 octane in it. 5 good runs today burnt about 100 bucks.

CS Mende 07-05-2014 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna (Post 11486960)
Bloody traffic, grrr 1:29.4. Dave has 0.9 on me Passed cars on the outside of turns 3 and 10, one dive pass and one coming out of barrel 51 Good fun passing but not great for times.caught up to a slow bunch of 5-6 cars You need guts to get through turn 1 fast but not wanting to give any secrets away.

What ... Throw it into the turn and drag it through on the fronts under duress.

Originally Posted by gt38088 (Post 11487094)
actually you guys should have gone out to set the wet leaderboard too!!

Let's just do the top gear approach. Times are all indicated by condition. (w), (vw), (d), etc. it sufficiently qualifies conditions & provides enough room for debate. Simple.

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 11487152)
No problem doing First session and overall leaderboard Session 1 1. Doug 1.30.856 2. John 1.31.471 3. Dave 1.32.262 Overall fastest regardless of session numbers 1. Dave 1.28.502 2. Doug 1.29.401 3. John 1.31.471 I have to say that the leaderboard is going to bunch up quickly. I'd certainly prefer some type of accurate timing to be used....

Any reason an AIM (with aforementioned condition quals) isn't good enough?

Originally Posted by Maxem (Post 11487254)
I'll sit out the BB sessions on the 19th to get as many on the leader board as poss, maybe even a second round for some. Car is gassed up and parked at Chris M's, no doubt will be seen cruising the main on saturday night aye Chris! I will bring it up on the 19th and the plan is we leave it at HD. Until that gas station opens up there on the corner we might have to do gerry cans or runs for gas. Aim is to leave it full at the end of the day ready for the next crew. Will have to work out some sort of cash per run to fund the day's tank load. I've just been chucking 91 octane in it. 5 good runs today burnt about 100 bucks.

ChrisB and I will be doing the ecolight tour tracks during the week. John, you recorded the odometer, right? ;)

O2GO 07-05-2014 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Maxem (Post 11487254)

Yep, I'll sit it out on the 19 th too. Hope its wet so we can stay on the top of the leaderboard. Are you allowed your loaner 911 on the track?

CS Mende 07-05-2014 06:08 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Only one wreck today when the super tourer punted a Honda into the wall.

Steve wore out the go pedal, so Pete got a crash course lesson on racing without one.

Some great battles, minors offs and two cars back on trailers under their own power.