Sponsored by:

NJMP PCA Club Race 2017 Schattenbaum Showdown

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 08:33 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
A double yellow came out and they stopped us on the front straight. For about 2:40. Guess the pace car didn't pick up the leader. Again.
Glad it wasn't me passing the pace car while in P1 this time!!!
Old 08-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

A double yellow came out and they stopped us on the front straight. For about 2:40. Guess the pace car didn't pick up the leader. Again. There were cars in the pits and they got the mother of all lucky dogs. Nothing like getting to do your pitstop while the rest of the field is stopped am I right?

Not their fault.
So they stopped you on the front straight instead of throwing a Red Flag but allowed cars to come out of the pits during that time period?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:07 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
So they stopped you on the front straight instead of throwing a Red Flag but allowed cars to come out of the pits during that time period?
I believe they did. They were trying to reorder the field because the pace car didn't pick up the leader.

Looking at Race Monitor it appears that those in the pits were released.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:08 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

I was leading the Orange Enduro at the time when the double yellows got thrown. Backed down the pace by about 50% but the Pace Car never collected me. When I got to the front straight there was a queue of cars literally stopped, i.e. parked on-line. No white flag or red flag prior to arriving at the front straight. We sat there in the queue for probably 2-3 minutes. It wasn't a great choice to have us stopped there as there were some stragglers who came around the kink leading to the front straight and if those drivers weren't heads-up they could have just barreled into the back of the last car. Eventually, we were waved on and it was signaled to me to get behind the pace car which was there waiting off-line. I got behind it and then off we went. Think it was two laps under yellow then we got the green.

My error was going into the pits on the lap we got the green. I'm a dummy and forgot we need a full lap under green before pitting after a double yellow. That said, I think a number of other cars went in same as me and did their stops versus the "drive through" which I did (i.e. I drove through at 35 MPH then came back in on the next lap). If so they got lucky because I'm not sure PCA was policing that. Cost me a bunch of time but the major ego pain point is that the PCA characterized me as having been lapped which I wasn't. My interpretation is that because I did the "drive through" that lap wasn't recorded as me crossing start/finish on the racing surface so PCA thinks I did 36 laps instead of the 37 I actually did (one was through the pits). Anyway, won't make that mistake again. Onwards to Summit and PittRace. Think G is pretty much tied with two races left so should be fun.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
My error was going into the pits on the lap we got the green. I'm a dummy and forgot we need a full lap under green before pitting after a double yellow. That said, I think a number of other cars went in same as me and did their stops versus the "drive through" which I did (i.e. I drove through at 35 MPH then came back in on the next lap). If so they got lucky because I'm not sure PCA was policing that. Cost me a bunch of time but the major ego pain point is that the PCA characterized me as having been lapped which I wasn't. My interpretation is that because I did the "drive through" that lap wasn't recorded as me crossing start/finish on the racing surface so PCA thinks I did 36 laps instead of the 37 I actually did (one was through the pits). Anyway, won't make that mistake again. Onwards to Summit and PittRace. Think G is pretty much tied with two races left so should be fun.
If you have an issue like that, you can get it sorted out by Timing & Scoring in the future until the official results are posted about a week after the race. Just bring your video. At NJMP you can go through the Start/Finish loop as you go through the pits but you need to stay all all the way to the left and have your transponder on the left side of your car.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:50 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

Complicating matters was the one car that couldn't keep up with the pace car. I'm pretty sure we did an extra lap to let him catch up.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:05 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Complicating matters was the one car that couldn't keep up with the pace car. I'm pretty sure we did an extra lap to let him catch up.
I talked to Streak about that...shouldn't happen again.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good hands

All kidding aside, I don't know how they fix it but they should fix it.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:55 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good hands
He kept up just fine. Not with me, but the pace car, yes.

Not so sure I'll be able to say that after Summit but I'm going to give it a try.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Ouch

I'm so triggered right now I'm going to drive back up there and tear down the statue of Chris Econimaki

Last edited by Streak; 08-23-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:46 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,906 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Ouch

I'm so triggered right now I'm going to drive back top there and tear down the statue of Chris Econimaki
It is southern Jersey so.....
Old 08-24-2017, 01:25 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Ouch

I'm so triggered right now I'm going to drive back up there and tear down the statue of Chris Econimaki
It should cause you to sign up for the Pitt race in 5 days so you can beat me someplace else.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:22 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

So I hear two SPB's where found with tuned ECU's at NJMP. Both had the original ECU's with them, so they changed them and where allowed to continue through the weekend. This came from a source who knew first hand of the situation.

Part of me is troubled a little by this. If someone buys a car and goes racing and finds it's got a tuned ECU, that's one thing. Both of these cars where not new to the drivers and having the original ECU there ready to go would in some way show intent.

At what point does PCA call a cheater a cheater and sanction them?
Old 08-24-2017, 04:27 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Old 08-24-2017, 05:11 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmuller
So I hear two SPB's where found with tuned ECU's at NJMP. Both had the original ECU's with them, so they changed them and where allowed to continue through the weekend.
Interesting, because I thought you could not have interchangeable ECUs, that they are not compatible with the OBD. Or something like that, no?

Quick Reply: NJMP PCA Club Race 2017 Schattenbaum Showdown