Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lime Rock PCA Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Was very good to see a lot of you out there and meet some new faces......it's so hard to not drive but not that bad when things go so well.
Congrats to the new rookies,

cmac glad you made it out relatively unscathed, watched that move from pit lane.....was good to have a beer with you at the awards

Big congrats to Fumes on the I class sweep, first time at the track with some very consistent fast laps

A few strange yellows, lack of yellows but otherwise great event.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:02 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Some of the hot-pulls were scary and I gotta say I saw no fewer than a dozen PUY in Race 2 for the Yellow group between Start/Finish and the pedestrian bridge before Big Bend, with a stationary yellow at S/F and a WAVING yellow at Station One just past the bridge... when I queried the staff on pit lane, they said no one had been called in. Oh, well...
I have to say, the flagging at the event was not up to th3 usual great standards. The flags at S/F were typically not well extended, and the flat lighting made it difficult to see the flag under the bridge. Don't even get me started on the yellow group fun race starts, which were a complete cluster because the flagging after a waive off was such a joke (no yellows, no nothing).
Old 04-25-2017, 10:02 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Thanks Gary. I made bad decisions and hit rolling roadblocks in both starts and got jumped big time. It made for some great racing with you and Hoyt in sprint 1 and Paolo in sprint 2 though. I had to turn my best laps of the weekend to catch you in sprint 1. Just missed the 1:00.x mark. Next year I'll get there.

I couldn't find a way around Paolo in sprint 2 and eventually dropped a wheel in big bend letting Woz by. I caught back up to Paolo but I still couldn't find a way around him.
Originally Posted by Gary R.
People seem to do their best following me (Paolo had his PB in Sprint2, and I paid him off for blocking you later on... .. ), now if I would only do my best while leading I could be a contender!
Great racing with you guys! I had a blast and was just happy to be out there with yous........

See you at the Glen!
Old 04-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks!

It's all coaching

Amazing weekend. So much fun.

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Was very good to see a lot of you out there and meet some new faces......it's so hard to not drive but not that bad when things go so well.
Congrats to the new rookies,

cmac glad you made it out relatively unscathed, watched that move from pit lane.....was good to have a beer with you at the awards

Big congrats to Fumes on the I class sweep, first time at the track with some very consistent fast laps

A few strange yellows, lack of yellows but otherwise great event.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:54 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,122 Likes on 1,816 Posts

Originally Posted by Fumes
Thanks!

It's all coaching

Amazing weekend. So much fun.

Nice job with Evan in your ear, but you push the pedals and YOU turn the wheel!

congrats!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
I have to say, the flagging at the event was not up to th3 usual great standards. The flags at S/F were typically not well extended, and the flat lighting made it difficult to see the flag under the bridge.
YEP - I was also surprised that they did hot pulls without the Pace Car out. BTW - your car was the best looking out there. I laughed my head off when I saw the livery on the decklid for the first time. Almost cost me a spot.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:50 PM
will968
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

This was my first race and it’s a lot harder than it looks! My hat goes off to anyone who’s there when the green flag drops.

My goal was to pass racing school and stay out of trouble. Man! I’ve got a lot to learn… I drove the track faster than I ever have before but I’m still not there yet. I could go on about that but it’s easily eclipsed by the racing part of the equation - that was an eyeopener!

Here’s footage from race one: I kept things on the conservative side for the start and built on that as I understood more - you need to learn quickly if you want to stay out of trouble and be successful. I think I got lucky with the gaps and therefore didn’t get beat up on by some of the more experienced, and better , drivers from the Boxster pack.

I’m not 100% certain about what happened to my car for race two but it was a handful to drive and it felt like I had hockey pucks for tires. Sorry if that messed people up for the first couple of laps. I was getting passed everywhere and I did my best to leave room and not slide into anyone – it was a lot to deal with!

Big thanks to all the white group drivers who left room and kept it clean.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:57 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by will968
This was my first race and it’s a lot harder than it looks! My hat goes off to anyone who’s there when the green flag drops.
Nice driving Will. I hope to be out there with the SPB group soon. Still building more time in DE land.

Jeff
Old 04-25-2017, 11:16 PM
will968
Racer

Thanks Jeff! You can never have too much experience You'll know when you're ready.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:56 PM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Der ABT-- that late braking move had real potential!! (At least that's what I kept telling myself while stuck in the mud waiting for the tow truck to give me a pull...)

Anyhow, finished the triage on my damage from the race and the bumper covers are back to their original shape after a few minutes of heat gun. It looks like the worst of it is going to be a new left tail light and some vinyl, so nothing to cry about.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Can't wait for the next one.

-Corey
Old 04-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

My goal was to pass racing school and stay out of trouble. Man! I’ve got a lot to learn… I drove the track faster than I ever have before but I’m still not there yet. I could go on about that but it’s easily eclipsed by the racing part of the equation - that was an eyeopener!

Here’s footage from race one: I kept things on the conservative side for the start and built on that as I understood more - you need to learn quickly if you want to stay out of trouble and be successful. I think I got lucky with the gaps and therefore didn’t get beat up on by some of the more experienced, and better , drivers from the Boxster pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_aI7AToKsM&t=648s

I’m not 100% certain about what happened to my car for race two but it was a handful to drive and it felt like I had hockey pucks for tires. Sorry if that messed people up for the first couple of laps. I was getting passed everywhere and I did my best to leave room and not slide into anyone – it was a lot to deal with!

Big thanks to all the white group drivers who left room and kept it clean.
Good job Will, glad to see you were not one of the two SP3's that cost me a podium in Sprint 2!

Last edited by Gary R.; 04-26-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:54 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 45 Posts

Will, good to meet you, and nice driving. The first couple of races are eye-opening for sure, but it seems to me you had good awareness, and adjusted well to wheel to wheel. Over the next few races, you will feel more and more comfortable out there. See you at the next race. Watkins Glen is a while step up from Lime Rock. 🙂
Old 04-26-2017, 01:57 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

I’m not 100% certain about what happened to my car for race two but it was a handful to drive and it felt like I had hockey pucks for tires.
Looks like you did pretty well to me. Congratulations to you and all the rookies that took the green. Welcome to the new addiction, new friends and less money.

If you didn't change anything for race two it could be you were over driving it a bit. Sometimes happens when you try to improve performance.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:30 PM
will968
Racer

Thanks all!

Steve, nice meeting you and your SP3 camp! Racing with Henry was the highlight of the weekend and I hope I can enjoy similar battles with in-class cars at the Glen

Scott, I certainly over did it a bit trying to get back to throttle in the left hander and onto no name - my rearview was filled with terror! I think I may have also picked up a lot of loose rubber driving off-line too.

See you at the next one!
Old 04-26-2017, 04:27 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_aI7AToKsM&t=648s
So this is the only video that could have shown my contact with Jay into Turn 1. Happened around 12:50 in the video but between the distance, angle, and Will's cell phone blocking the view, nothing can be seen.

Is it still worth making an appeal to my 13/13, even with no new evidence/video, or should I just leave it to rest? Again, my argument would be not that Jay was at fault but that no one should have received the penalty, especially considering how closely we raced and the many clean lead exchanges we performed both before and after the contact. Plus, zero damage to my car and minimal damage to Jay's.

Btw, it was me making the last pass for P3, two laps before the checker. Jay finished 2/10 sec or half a car-length behind. Probably the most fun I've had on a track.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock PCA Club Race