Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lime Rock PCA Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:36 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for adding the data Chris. Bill and I were just watching your video and a lot of "whoa's" were uttered, sort of like Steve Matchett during an F1 race. Great racing.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:36 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by JP66
I'm just wondering if time and more experience are all that I need.
Yes!

Joe - From the perspective of someone running in your group my opinion is you did very well. You were head's up to lapping traffic and predictable, which is to me the most important thing for someone new, not to mess up someone else's race and be safe! As for the starts, they were strange to say the least and I don't ever remember having to run at that speed to be gathered up at West Bend before, but you have to be ready for it! My only is that I was the unlucky one to find you sideways and not moving in the center of Big Bend (at about the 3:20 mark in Scott's video) and until I saw movement (not sure which way you were going to go) had to slow way down giving speed demon Scott Belles a chance to catch me! That's racing, you did 0 wrong, get back out there and practice. Maybe get Vito to give you some pointers, as he was pretty quick in that car.

See you at Watkins Glen!

Last edited by Gary R.; 04-24-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:40 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbelles
My 2nd time this year and I had a lot of fun. It was nice to shake off the cobwebs and start the season. I had nose to tail racing in both sprints and I took over a second off my time from last year.

Here's a little action from just behind the pointy end of the SPB field. Fun racing with Hoyt and Gary with Woz pushing from behind. I had to throw a 1:01.1 down to catch Gary starting at about 7:00. I'll be back next year!

https://vimeo.com/214430768
You were driving GREAT Scott, and your racecraft has made you formidable! I was soooo happy to get a great start and get by you in Sprint 2, made my heart happy to see you trapped behind Paolo!
Ya gotta watch the Woz, he can dive under you on entry to T1 and then hold it on the outside at speed in a full drift!
Old 04-24-2017, 01:00 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
You were driving GREAT Scott, and your racecraft has made you formidable! I was soooo happy to get a great start and get by you in Sprint 2, made my heart happy to see you trapped behind Paolo!
Ya gotta watch the Woz, he can dive under you on entry to T1 and then hold it on the outside at speed in a full drift!
Thanks Gary. I made bad decisions and hit rolling roadblocks in both starts and got jumped big time. It made for some great racing with you and Hoyt in sprint 1 and Paolo in sprint 2 though. I had to turn my best laps of the weekend to catch you in sprint 1. Just missed the 1:00.x mark. Next year I'll get there.

I couldn't find a way around Paolo in sprint 2 and eventually dropped a wheel in big bend letting Woz by. I caught back up to Paolo but I still couldn't find a way around him.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:08 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Thanks Gary. I made bad decisions and hit rolling roadblocks in both starts and got jumped big time. It made for some great racing with you and Hoyt in sprint 1 and Paolo in sprint 2 though. I had to turn my best laps of the weekend to catch you in sprint 1. Just missed the 1:00.x mark. Next year I'll get there.

I couldn't find a way around Paolo in sprint 2 and eventually dropped a wheel in big bend letting Woz by. I caught back up to Paolo but I still couldn't find a way around him.
Post some videos of this action. Hopefully by the next race I learn how to make my camera turn itself on while on the track instead of only in the paddock.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:09 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Yes!

Joe - From the perspective of someone running in your group my opinion is you did very well. You were head's up to lapping traffic and predictable, which is to me the most important thing for someone new, not to mess up someone else's race and be safe! As for the starts, they were strange to say the least and I don't ever remember having to run at that speed to be gathered up at West Bend before, but you have to be ready for it! My only is that I was the unlucky one to find you sideways and not moving in the center of Big Bend and until I saw movement (not sure which way you were going to go) had to slow way down giving speed demon Scott Belles a chance to catch me! That's racing, you did 0 wrong, get back out there and practice. Maybe get Vito to give you some pointers, as he was pretty quick in that car.

See you at Watkins Glen!
+1
Old 04-24-2017, 01:23 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Post some videos of this action. Hopefully by the next race I learn how to make my camera turn itself on while on the track instead of only in the paddock.
If you open up the clip in post 97 in Vimeo, the whole of sprint 1 is there. Up to the point where my camera shut off with a couple laps to go anyway. I'll post up sprint 2 in a few days when I get more free bandwidth.

You did great! Just what I need, another fast Boxster driver.

p.s. I had the same problem with my rear camera. I've got 2.5 hours of the tow home but nothing on track.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:36 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Big thanks to CVR and all the volunteers. Terrific event all around, other than the sketchy weather.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:32 PM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was great meeting so many of you guys this weekend...! First time at Lime Rock, and as a rookie I didn't know what to actually expect on-track. It felt like we all coexisted pretty well and despite the mix of classes there was some great racing. It truly was a pleasure. Thanks to everyone involved!

Anyhow, rain tires turned out to be a poor choice for the first race and the second one ended for me ingloriously... (Went off trying to out-brake someone at T1 and came to rest in the tire wall. After a hot-pull out of the mud I was racing again but had lost 6 minutes or so.) Damage was minimal though--basically I need a new tail light--so that was a relief.

I'm planning to be at the Glen next--hope to see many of you there!

-Corey
Old 04-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brownan
Big thanks to CVR and all the volunteers. Terrific event all around, other than the sketchy weather.
Yes, THANK YOU CVR for an event run like clockwork, and for somehow making all the meteorologists predictions wrong!
Old 04-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

People seem to do their best following me (Paolo had his PB in Sprint2, and I paid him off for blocking you later on... .. ), now if I would only do my best while leading I could be a contender!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:03 PM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On behalf of CVR, thanks to all the racers, volunteers, sponsors and National Staff for a great weekend of club racing. It was nice to see so many long-time friends at this event. Also nice to meet many new friends.
This event is supposed to be all about the racers, and I must say, I was especially impressed by the green race group during their first race. An unexpected cold light rain on the pace lap (and continuing during the race) didn't seem to phase you racers at all. Very impressive!
Would especially like to thank Race Director, Peter Clark and his team for a job well done!
We hope everyone will return next year...
ds
Old 04-24-2017, 06:01 PM
por29
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey guys,

The racing at Lime Rock could not have been better except maybe with the addition of Todd Lamb and Matt Muller :-). I had an absolute blast racing with Chris Drake. The competition was fierce and the racing very close, until Chris got by me...:-) I'm so glad Chris and I got to speak and get to know each other just a bit after each session. Chris is nothing less than a gentleman. I cannot wait for Watkins Glen. We are going to have a blast.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:35 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by por29
Hey guys,

The racing at Lime Rock could not have been better except maybe with the addition of Todd Lamb and Matt Muller :-). I had an absolute blast racing with Chris Drake. The competition was fierce and the racing very close, until Chris got by me...:-) I'm so glad Chris and I got to speak and get to know each other just a bit after each session. Chris is nothing less than a gentleman. I cannot wait for Watkins Glen. We are going to have a blast.
Yes we are! I hope we can resume our battle from last year. I stopped over a couple times to say hi but I never caught you around. Stop over at the Provost camp at the glen.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:11 PM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by por29
I had an absolute blast racing with Chris Drake. The competition was fierce and the racing very close, until Chris got by me...:-) I'm so glad Chris and I got to speak and get to know each other just a bit after each session. Chris is nothing less than a gentleman. I cannot wait for Watkins Glen. We are going to have a blast.
Thank you for the kind words Bill. We both raced HARD but gave each other a couple of inches of room which is all we can ask for! I hope you enjoy the videos I posted and would love to see it from your perspective. When you finish the race with hugs - you know it was fun.

Looking forward to WGI - I will be there for the DE days prior so I can actually build up speed slowly so I don't hit anymore walls trying to find speed quickly.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock PCA Club Race