Old 04-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Fumes
run groups are up

I is out w the arms-race maniacs
Just be predictable as the leaders come through.

Joking aside, there is only about a 5 sec difference between fastest and slowest classes - that's pretty good. I predict Rick Deman and John Giannone to be at the head of the grid for both races.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:26 AM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to racing next weekend and is my first-time there. The SPBs run on the RRs - some tracks like fresh and some like old tires. Any input on what Lime Rock likes?
Old 04-15-2017, 02:36 PM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Just be predictable as the leaders come through.
Of course and despite the rep, I've found b1 to be fun to run with in the enduros...reasonably predictable. I'll likely move the car up next season and come play w big brakes aero and a flash

...only about a 5 sec difference between fastest and slowest classes - that's pretty good.
agreed I like the small groups. it seems a tight short lap, only a couple places to easily manage traffic, but they come around a lot hahaha

also - enjoyed your piece in the magazine Frank! thanks for taking the time to share your story.

Last edited by Fumes; 04-15-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there a schedule posted somewhere that I'm missing? They had last years schedule posted at first but nothing now.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:24 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mannym5
Is there a schedule posted somewhere that I'm missing? They had last years schedule posted at first but nothing now.

Here you go........

https://clubregistration.net/club_ad...dule11.20.docx
Old 04-15-2017, 10:22 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve113
Ron- wine and dine me before we go out to the battle
why not!? Going dutch!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:45 AM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 74 Posts

This will be my first race ever. I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit nervous. How nervous were you guys on your first race?? Are you all steely eyed type-A's or is a certain nervousness normal??

Either way, can't wait to shake hands with all the guys who gave me such great online advice over the last 2 seasons leading up to my first race!!

Joe
Old 04-16-2017, 09:55 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by JP66
This will be my first race ever. I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit nervous. How nervous were you guys on your first race?? Are you all steely eyed type-A's or is a certain nervousness normal??

Either way, can't wait to shake hands with all the guys who gave me such great online advice over the last 2 seasons leading up to my first race!!

Joe
Congrats, Joe! You're not the only "race virgin" at this event. See you at the rookie meeting. I get worried if new folks (and even some old folks) aren't a little nervous entering their first few events, at least.

Anxiety can be (and is) a good thing, if channeled correctly. I was pretty nervous for the first several dozen races (and every jump in car and class, including pro), but used this to just heighten my awareness and give a little more thought to what I was about to do. As soon as I was in the car and didn't have time to think about things, I was good to go! You'll do fine.

Remember, everyone you're sharing the track with was right where you are once.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 168 Posts

Joe
Anxiety for days before the race, right up until the green drops Joe... then you just drive.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fumes
Of course and despite the rep, I've found b1 to be fun to run with in the enduros...reasonably predictable. I'll likely move the car up next season and come play w big brakes aero...
Awesome!

LRP is tough to pass in relatively equal cars. What happens a lot is that a slower car is taking a consistently defensive line and thereby slows both, the faster car and himself down which leads to other cars stacking up behind. A lot of passing for position is done once you run up on slower traffic, however impatience breeds a lot of car to car incidences in those situations.

Enjoy the track - it is great! If you've never been there, I can send you my track notes.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:35 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Awesome!

LRP is tough to pass in relatively equal cars. What happens a lot is that a slower car is taking a consistently defensive line and thereby slows both, the faster car and himself down which leads to other cars stacking up behind.

A lot of passing for position is done once you run up on slower traffic, however impatience breeds a lot of car to car incidences in those situations.

Enjoy the track - it is great! If you've never been there, I can send you my track notes.
It doesn't have to be that way...

Having had a tremendous amount of successful racing at LRP in "relatively equal cars," (and others less so...), I have spent a lot of time side by side with people I TRUST in Big Bend, the Left Hander and the right onto No Name. Even side by side in the Uphill AND Downhill... West Bend? Not so much!

But it takes COMMON SENSE, a mutual respect and the elimination of this "entitlement" I often see, where the leading car crosses the width of the track AS IF NO ONE ELSE IS THERE.

"Chopping," "coming across the nose," "defensive line..." It's all one and the same. Cheap shot racing...

IF there is overlap, then let the corner(s) sort it out...

Vision, respect, courtesy and 360 awareness count for even more at this FAST, short track...
Old 04-16-2017, 11:48 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Joe
Everybody feels that way. Just focus on the simple things and show up on time for the driver's meetings, for grid, hydrate and hit the bathroom before you belt in. Develop a good routine and mental checklist for everything. Don't forget to have fun!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:09 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
"Chopping," "coming across the nose," "defensive line..." It's all one and the same. Cheap shot racing...
Agreed:
Old 04-16-2017, 09:17 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 38D
Justice... Karma... Whatever... Congrats!

Guy looked drunk...
Old 04-17-2017, 10:16 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve113
Frank you know when you buy rains it will neverrrrrr rain

Quick Reply: Lime Rock PCA Club Race