Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lime Rock PCA Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Can't hurt to try, especially with that attitude, was my fault but racing incident and finished rest of weekend clean...
I was at black flag and was definately a heated driver (mazzola) to the point I though fist i cuffs were coming.

You kept a cool head and didn't antagonize the situation

Do you have a copy of his video......and or an email stating he is fine with a rub out

Best of luck and sorry bout the engine issues to boot, you were flying...probably too much nitrous

I know we are required to have video but I mean how is that angle at all helpful when you can barely see out the car cept for side impacts, and am Very suprised the suction cup mount is allowed, I'd think it would need to be on roll cage or solid mounted to dash

Cmac, I thought you made that pass till I didn't see you next lap......but woulda been a great clean pass...you did really well to not collect carol etc
you drove very well all weekend and the car looks great look forward to watching again
Old 04-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Can't hurt to try, especially with that attitude, was my fault but racing incident and finished rest of weekend clean...
I was at black flag and was definately a heated driver (mazzola) to the point I though fist i cuffs were coming.
Jay came over at the end of the day, he was fine and I bet would write something in Zoran's behalf. Funny thing is his tires were gooone at the end of Sprint #2 and he used the SP3 944's between us to hold me back. When he went back by one at the end of the race he got the finger from one of them! I was tempted to go say something as he was the one that blocked me for 1/2 the race but thought better of it. He got exactly what he deserved...
Old 04-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I know you have never used the finger Gary.....and since when do you think before speaking hahaha (or is it just typing)
Old 04-26-2017, 05:26 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 45 Posts

Who gives the finger to Zoran? Not me, in my video above True, I was not in front going into Big Bend, but I was close, and trying to keep up with the SP3s up front, and get out of the way of the Boxster battle. Could have let me squeeze a quick pass in there, instead, I had to wait til the next lap Not that I had any real shot of keeping up with Poetl anyway, but it would have been fun trying for a few laps.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:43 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
Who gives the finger to Zoran? Not me, in my video above True, I was not in front going into Big Bend, but I was close, and trying to keep up with the SP3s up front, and get out of the way of the Boxster battle. Could have let me squeeze a quick pass in there, instead, I had to wait til the next lap Not that I had any real shot of keeping up with Poetl anyway, but it would have been fun trying for a few laps.
Steve, I was just trying to keep your camera right behind us for as long as I could, so I can enjoy the video later. Your distance and camera angles were excellent!
Old 04-26-2017, 05:52 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Do you have a copy of his video......and or an email stating he is fine with a rub out
Thx!
Can't see the downside in trying. Jay stopped by later that day, we shook hands, and said he was sorry about my penalty. If anyone has Jay Mazzola's email/contact, pls pm me.

Best of luck and sorry bout the engine issues to boot, you were flying...probably too much nitrous
LOL!
Couldn't have been nitrous. The front straight was the only place that Jay could gain on me or pass me. Watch Linz's video above.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:31 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by will968
This was my first race and it’s a lot harder than it looks! My hat goes off to anyone who’s there when the green flag drops.

My goal was to pass racing school and stay out of trouble. Man! I’ve got a lot to learn… I drove the track faster than I ever have before but I’m still not there yet. I could go on about that but it’s easily eclipsed by the racing part of the equation - that was an eyeopener!

Here’s footage from race one: I kept things on the conservative side for the start and built on that as I understood more - you need to learn quickly if you want to stay out of trouble and be successful. I think I got lucky with the gaps and therefore didn’t get beat up on by some of the more experienced, and better , drivers from the Boxster pack.

Congrats on a successful first race weekend! What I tell all Rookies is that they should not adopt a mentality of trying to "get out of the way" of faster traffic. The good drivers will always get around you without slowing you and them down. Clearly displaying intention in terms of what space you are looking to occupy always helps, whether by car position or even hand signals.

One recommendation I have is for you to mount your camera at the B pillar. The way it is currently mounted, it is useless for any educational or other purpose. I have posted some videos previously in this thread from my B pillar camera as an example.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:48 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Is it still worth making an appeal to my 13/13, even with no new evidence/video, or should I just leave it to rest? Again, my argument would be not that Jay was at fault but that no one should have received the penalty, especially considering how closely we raced and the many clean lead exchanges we performed both before and after the contact. Plus, zero damage to my car and minimal damage to Jay's.
If you have no new evidence to offer that in fact the incidence was not your fault or that there was no damage, then the exercise of appealing the decision is probably a waste of your time.

Keep in mind that PCA has a NO contact policy and that according to Muller, Jay actually had some significant damage to his car. It is actually irrelevant to the Steward whether you guys agreed that the incident was no big deal or whether you agreed to pay for his damage or not.

If you still want to appeal, I'm happy to help you out in any way I can to explain how that is done.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I know you have never used the finger Gary.....and since when do you think before speaking hahaha (or is it just typing)
Old 04-26-2017, 07:10 PM
will968
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks Frank, I think need to make changes to the Gopro settings or mount it on the window instead. It's at the B pillar now - just ultra-wide.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by will968
Thanks Frank, I think need to make changes to the Gopro settings or mount it on the window instead. It's at the B pillar now - just ultra-wide.
Sorry, should have clarified: You have at the center of your car now. Suggest you move it over to the passenger side B pillar and mount it to the toolbar there behind the passenger door.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:43 PM
jem60
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Jay came over at the end of the day, he was fine and I bet would write something in Zoran's behalf. Funny thing is his tires were gooone at the end of Sprint #2 and he used the SP3 944's between us to hold me back. When he went back by one at the end of the race he got the finger from one of them! I was tempted to go say something as he was the one that blocked me for 1/2 the race but thought better of it. He got exactly what he deserved...
Gary, Sorry to be so slow and passing you on lap 16. At the end of the race, that was my unfortunate gesture, due to frustration of being P2 and trying to keep you between me and P3. That didn't work due to Jay/630 holding me up and racing me hard and p3 getting past.(7 out of the last 10 laps I ran faster than he did) Guess why he raced so hard? To keep me between you and him. My teammates reminded me that that is racing.

On a positive note, CVR held a great event and I appreciate their efforts.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jem60
Gary, Sorry to be so slow and passing you on lap 16. At the end of the race, that was my unfortunate gesture, due to frustration of being P2 and trying to keep you between me and P3. That didn't work due to Jay/630 holding me up and racing me hard and p3 getting past.(7 out of the last 10 laps I ran faster than he did) Guess why he raced so hard? To keep me between you and him. My teammates reminded me that that is racing.

On a positive note, CVR held a great event and I appreciate their efforts.
It's all racing and as far as passing, it's my job to get by... but, if you have someone ready to ram you in every corner out of class it's most likely in both your favors to let the guy by. Jay saw the pile and took advantage, I would have done the same. Lesson here is race the guys in your class, be aware of the other battles, and we can all have fun.

No hard feelings, I consider it my fault for not being more aggressive! Were your the brown car or the Black one with white spoiler?
Old 04-27-2017, 11:57 PM
jem60
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
It's all racing and as far as passing, it's my job to get by... but, if you have someone ready to ram you in every corner out of class it's most likely in both your favors to let the guy by. Jay saw the pile and took advantage, I would have done the same. Lesson here is race the guys in your class, be aware of the other battles, and we can all have fun.

No hard feelings, I consider it my fault for not being more aggressive! Were your the brown car or the Black one with white spoiler?
Gary, Black/White Spoiler. All's good an I'll see you at the Glen.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:22 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jem60
Gary, Black/White Spoiler. All's good an I'll see you at the Glen.
Again, it's my responsibility to pass. All I would ask, in the spirit that we are all friends, is that you consider the class you are racing in and if a different class car is riding your bumper consider giving him a lane. I do not want to hold you up to let your competitors by and we should co-exist and keep our pace. Your did 0 wrong, nor did Jay hanging you two behind him, and I am SURE you didn't hold me back intentionally, but the results are the results. All I can ask is that you (and anyone else reading) please consider different classes while racing. I know i do, and make a point of not interfering in out of class races when possible.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock PCA Club Race