Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool Shirt - COOL-A-CLAVA - NOW AVAILABLE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016 | 10:33 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
We thought we might get two points of view, so we have two different versions. Each has it's own attributes. I think in the long run, they'll economical enough to have two or at least try both. The version with the SFI balaclava will still be under $200 retail. It's also a different material which some will love, but others will appreciate the stand alone version. We have excellent partners with Coolshirt and we've tried to think this through as best we can to get the best solution for everyone. If you haven't tried it, get one now from Linda and Clark at Apex! They are available and making more. It really is a great solution to cool the most important parts of the body..core and head. Plug and play!

Thanks Roger - will be getting them on our site here shortly!

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 08-23-2016 | 10:53 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

On a side note, I just had to send my two year old Stilo back for repairs due to an issue with the visor pivot. Linda at Apex helped facilitate the repair, which was done for free. A lesser vendor might have said "contact Stilo". Linda got on it immediately, communicating with both HMS and me. Linda and Clark provide terrific customer service. Stilo and HMS did right standing behind their product.

Happy customer.
Old 08-23-2016 | 11:16 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

We had two drivers use this helmet cooler this past weekend at NJMP. They loved it.
Old 09-28-2016 | 01:47 AM
fatbillybob
Drifting

I used my cool clava for the 1st time at Runoffs. I liked it so much I just bought a 2nd one from Apex so I have a spare.
Old 09-28-2016 | 09:39 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

I used mine for the first time at Summit Point. First time ever that I wasn't trying to get my helmet off ASAP after coming off the track. Love this thing!
Old 09-28-2016 | 02:23 PM
Fumes
Racer

Used mine in the enduro this weekend. Was absolutely fantastic.
Old 09-28-2016 | 10:17 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Random user finds:

I found the tape cooler to the helmet thing did not work. It seems the best way for me is to put the cooler inside the headsock then headsock on head followed by helmet. I still have not found the best place for all the hoses. I use the double shoulderbelt hans and found that if the hoses are under about the level of the collarbone under the 3" belt the flow is still not restricted. That position seems to help the hose stay straight so the kinking the flow at the entry/exit of the cooler does not happen. I also found that if there is stoppage of flow if I just turn my head left/right the flow would resume. I like things cold and did not find it too cold at all. If people want to be cheap they could get a separate bilge pump off ebay dedicated to the cooler and buy 1/4" tubing at home depot racing and the QR valve from McMastercarr.com Then they could tune the head cooler to their desire and leave the shirt full blast or any combo of cool. I actually had a headache one day and ran the cooler and the cold made my headache go away.
Old 09-28-2016 | 11:35 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Random user finds:

I found the tape cooler to the helmet thing did not work. It seems the best way for me is to put the cooler inside the headsock then headsock on head followed by helmet. I still have not found the best place for all the hoses. I use the double shoulderbelt hans and found that if the hoses are under about the level of the collarbone under the 3" belt the flow is still not restricted. That position seems to help the hose stay straight so the kinking the flow at the entry/exit of the cooler does not happen. I also found that if there is stoppage of flow if I just turn my head left/right the flow would resume. I like things cold and did not find it too cold at all. If people want to be cheap they could get a separate bilge pump off ebay dedicated to the cooler and buy 1/4" tubing at home depot racing and the QR valve from McMastercarr.com Then they could tune the head cooler to their desire and leave the shirt full blast or any combo of cool. I actually had a headache one day and ran the cooler and the cold made my headache go away.
I also put mine on inside my balaclava and I found that if ran the hoses over my shoulders and down the front, they stayed inside the pads on my HANS. Worked great and never pinched. Next time I think I'll go with two balaclavas and the bladder in between. I will be interested to see the new one with the bladder integrated.
Old 11-02-2016 | 01:17 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Yes. It 's fittings did not match my FAST shirts which are pretty old so I just ordered the right fittings from mcmastercarr.com
Could someone advise what the connector is at mcmaster to make this work with a FAST system? Thanks!
Old 12-09-2016 | 09:29 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Is the integrated cooler balaclava available yet? If not, ETA?

Also curious, what % of north-east club racers use a coolshirt system? Thinking about putting one in my SPB for next season. I was ok racing sprints in open roof MX-5 with Skippy and DE-ing my Boxster S and GT3 (with AC off) without one. Concerned about added hassle with the hoses, connectors and ingress/egress. Could see how it would be a must in the South, though.
Old 12-09-2016 | 01:52 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Another random thought: I like this cool clava so much I bought a second one for a spare and Apex is super fast to deliver.
Old 12-12-2016 | 04:04 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hf1
Is the integrated cooler balaclava available yet? If not, ETA?

Also curious, what % of north-east club racers use a coolshirt system? Thinking about putting one in my SPB for next season. I was ok racing sprints in open roof MX-5 with Skippy and DE-ing my Boxster S and GT3 (with AC off) without one. Concerned about added hassle with the hoses, connectors and ingress/egress. Could see how it would be a must in the South, though.
I'm sorry guys..just got back from PRI. We actually debuted the protoype at the show. I have a little more design work and it will be finished as it isn't quite where I want it to be. I looking to have final production ready sometime in March or before. Material is on the ground already allocated. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Cool Shirt - COOL-A-CLAVA - NOW AVAILABLE!