Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road america race

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 11:56 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Definately a very cool event....my first time there and hopefully not the last....
Was some very fun close racing in E...Clarke was nice enough to give me some pointers when we got there to try and get me up to speed faster. .as did VeloceRAptos gave me a great tutorial with some process tidbits...so another big thanks...al amd jack Strifling for a good video and rundown too
Buckley and hupfer looked like they had a fun race in front of me
Heptig and I had some Great racing in sprint 2...
Sebastian was flying out there
Good to meet so many names I've known and see all the regulars on the east coast circut

I had a very large and lucky moment in the kink.....somehow only damaged 2 wheels and a brand new bumper got cracked.....that turn just commands respect
Thank you soon much to Mike in chi for not collecting me and the other heads up drivers behind after my mistake....and sorry for the dive bomb in the enduro...brake pedal went to the floor and that was all I could do to stop

The night on the town tour thing was pretty cool to see..

As usual it was a well run event and the stewards did a good job all weekend.

Very sorry for all those with incidents and hope you heal quickly...both car and body

Had a good enduro and came out of the pits like 4 to 5 seconds behind buckley.. got caught in some traffic...run off track and lost my Sideview then watched the same guy spin 2 more times after passing me back and it did not end well for him
Saw jim get caught in traffic but ran outta time...perfect weekend for him so big Congrats ...chasing him I got down to a 35.999 so I can't complain too much

Was great seeing crossman back in E class and getting used to the car again

The facilities up there are insane...so nice and the soo many spots to watch...those cup cars were an amazing sight and sound in turn 3.
Big thanks to Jeff Parnell and the Hairy Dog crew for the windshield.
As always big thank to Intersport and Charlie for keeping me going all weekend and Clarke and Danny for the tow up there.
also to Woodman tires. ...audrey hope you guys made the flight
I'm now in the airport with a 2 hour delay....looks like I'm getting in around 230am to take my daughter to her first day of school ...ugh airlines.....shoulda just paid extra for the direct flight

Last edited by Der ABT; 09-08-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:17 AM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 118 Posts

To follow up with Clark's comment about just avoiding the pile-up at the kink, watch the in car video from my car. Clark's car has already passed through the 2 wrecked Cups, when the 2 cars ahead of me came together.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:48 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Ugh
Old 09-08-2015, 08:57 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by surathdp
To follow up with Clark's comment about just avoiding the pile-up at the kink, watch the in car video from my car. Clark's car has already passed through the 2 wrecked Cups, when the 2 cars ahead of me came together.
http://youtu.be/bipAIc7ueWc
Video is private. Requires permission, sign in.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:31 AM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Try now
Old 09-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Does anyone know the condition of the person airflighted? Thoughts and prayers...
Old 09-08-2015, 09:55 AM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

I heard through fairly reliable sources that he is fine. Minor surgery.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:56 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

Does anyone know the condition of the person airflighted? Thoughts and prayers...
He underwent successful surgery yesterday for his vertebrae but will need additional surgery for his feet. Apparently they were pretty badly smashed. He'll be in the hospital for a couple of weeks and may need a wheelchair for a while after that, but should recover.

He's great guy and has run with PCA for 15+ years. We're keeping fingers crossed.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

I am so glad to hear that!!!
Old 09-08-2015, 09:58 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

I managed to shoot a couple sessions. I did not have media access, and could have used another 50-100 mm's but there you go....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126679294@N03/
Old 09-08-2015, 10:11 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

At the Monday drivers meeting they announced that he had foot and lower back injuries and he went into surgery that morning. We were standing at the flag station at 11B on the new walking path. All I can say is that he took a VERY large hit.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts
Default road america race

1st time I see a major crash fest like that, hope it will be the last! Hope the driver in the hospital recovers fast and that all the other drivers are fine.

Test and tune was horrible for me. Car wasnt gripping and the rear was sliding everywhere. I thought my driving sucks until we checked the car and find out that my rear shocks canisters were at 250 instead of like 150! Watch your canisters when its hot and humid.

Had fun in sprint 1-2 chasing the faster cars. Did a lot of good moves especially in both starts passing 3-4 cars.

Enduro was a blast! I was mad at myself for putting slicks when everyone else was on rain tires. It served me well and I qualified 1st. Ended up finishing 1st overall.

I jumped in my dads cayman for his enduro. What a big speed differential. I wasnt ready for that hehe. Managed a 2.29.6 on 6-7 HC hoosiers. This car needs pirelli slicks ASAP.

Thx RA for putting a great race weekend, see you soon!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:48 AM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

I watched another video from a car further behind mine, and I do not see a waving yellow at the flag station before the kink. There was a plenty of time. It should be a waving yellow and not a standing yellow. May be the RSR driver did not see it. Besides him the one of the cups in front of me, almost everyone else had slowed down enough to make it through safe.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:40 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Just got back home to Virginia. What a fantastic event again this year. Thank you to all the PCA staff that did such a wonderful job putting on a great show.

As for the races going off so well, thank you to Road America staff for doing hot pulls -- I never ran under double yellow all weekend in both my E class car and my GT2 class car (I did double duty in the sprints). The only stoppage was, of course, the red/black flag for the major incident mentioned above. I was 3 cars behind the initial wall slapper at the Kink, slowed and drove by him and then saw in my mirror all hell break loose.

Thanks again for everyone driving nicely and the PCA staff for all their efforts.
Echoing Clarke's sentiments. The safety crews deserve a big attaboy for the hot pulls.

And nice to have some E-class tows down the long straights, thx guys.

Will be back next year... just need more spec boxsters to come
Old 09-08-2015, 12:08 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Echoing Clarke's sentiments. The safety crews deserve a big attaboy for the hot pulls.

And nice to have some E-class tows down the long straights, thx guys.

Will be back next year... just need more spec boxsters to come
Stopped by to say good bye but you were long gone.

Evan,
Kylan wants a copy of "the video"

Congrats to astroman on best prepared and workers choice!

Quick Reply: road america race