14 Clash at the Glen Video tread :-)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 03:55 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Who got the 13?
The #91 Cup Car Frederick Seipp got the 13, left his bent race car with his trackside support crew and went home.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:09 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
The #91 Cup Car Frederick Seipp got the 13, left his bent race car with his trackside support crew and went home.
Oh boy. The car in front of you was driven by my friend John. Needless to say he didn't see this one coming. Thank god Dan Jacobs and his great crew fixed his car and sent him back out the following day.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:54 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

"Fun Race" aka "Beginners in Cup Cars" on Friday. Uhuh.
I am the camera car (2010 GT3 street car), #9 Clarke Simpson.
#91 is Frederick Seipp.

Luckily for the 91 this was not NASCAR else I would have put him in the fence as he tried to drive inside me going into the bus stop.

Saw the #91 blue cup car coming at me on the inside and swerved out of his way. Sorry to the guy in front of me that took the hit as I am sure you NEVER saw a move like this coming.
Tried to talk to Mr. Seipp after the incident and he told me "...this is racing. Isn't this what we are here for?"
Mr. Seipp, how about giving yourself an automatic 13/13 and sit out for a year? Maybe go race Miatas and learn some manners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTrL...ature=youtu.be
Am I understanding you correctly that those were the practice starts?

Dude clearly has very little racing experience if he thought he could pull that off. Hey, why not let him race in one of the fastest cars available!

Guess money can't buy talent
Old 06-07-2014, 05:07 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Muller, you're in there with a SpecB? Pretty impressive.
Agree. The entity known as Muller is driving pretty damn well. Nice job this past weekend Matthew.

Originally Posted by mmuller
I think the little yellow jelly bean's got a little more in it if we could loose some weight. My car/me are 90lbs overweight.
Ok MM we gotta make a weight loss bet, god knows I could lose some impending middle age insulation.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:15 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

#91 is Frederick Seipp.

Luckily for the 91 this was not NASCAR else I would have put him in the fence as he tried to drive inside me going into the bus stop.

Saw the #91 blue cup car coming at me on the inside and swerved out of his way. Sorry to the guy in front of me that took the hit as I am sure you NEVER saw a move like this coming.
Tried to talk to Mr. Seipp after the incident and he told me "...this is racing. Isn't this what we are here for?"
Mr. Seipp, how about giving yourself an automatic 13/13 and sit out for a year? Maybe go race Miatas and learn some manners.
Holy sh*t, what a total asshat. Topp racing was taking care of his car. Hopefully they also gave him some advice that includes switching to lawn bowling.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 881 Likes on 542 Posts

#91 is Frederick Seipp.

Wow - the a$$hat almost took out the Daytona Prototype too.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:15 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Agree. The entity known as Muller is driving pretty damn well. Nice job this past weekend Matthew.

Ok MM we gotta make a weight loss bet, god knows I could lose some impending middle age insulation.
Thanks Matt. I gotta do all I can to stay in front of that car of yours. It did it's very best scared rabbit impression last weekend.

Unfortunately I tried the weight loss thing. My problem is I like candy to much. I am like a heroin addict when it's around. I just gotta keep driving faster. Looking forward to VIR.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:52 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

^ Heroin is actually a fantastic weight loss approach. Hmm.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Unfortunately there is always a genius that tries that pass at every race.....
Yup. And hardly limited to Cup drivers. Red group sat on the grid for 30mins in race two waiting for five cars from Yellow to be pulled off the track. Or was it six? I lost count.

Pro Coach hit the nail on the head AFAIC:

Originally Posted by ProCoach

It is definitely driver attitude. I have observed plenty of passes and car placement choreography that relies on the OTHER driver to be "heads up" and avoid an accident.

It appears often that what precipitates these incidents are that some folks carry a sense of entitlement into a place where their grasp does not meet their reach...

It is not as tough as people think, because the data supports that there are other, equally crowded (traffic density, speed of the cars) and competitive venues that don't have this proportion of incidents.

It's not a "Red Group thing," it's not a "Glen/Sebring thing," it's the "loose nut behind the wheel thing..."
Old 06-07-2014, 08:41 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

If I bought a cup car, I could not afford to race it with idiots like that on track with me. It's one thing to make a mistake. We all will if we do this long enough. It's another thing to not recognize or admit you f'd up.
The other thing that bothers me personally is why are you going to look for him? He should be looking for you and the innocent guy he ran into.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:42 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa

I lost 30 lbs since Summit yet the car got heavier and I got slower. How does that happen?
Old 06-07-2014, 11:49 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
I lost 30 lbs since Summit yet the car got heavier and I got slower. How does that happen?
It's called the aging process.....
Old 06-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by John H
If I bought a cup car, I could not afford to race it with idiots like that on track with me. It's one thing to make a mistake. We all will if we do this long enough. It's another thing to not recognize or admit you f'd up.
The other thing that bothers me personally is why are you going to look for him? He should be looking for you and the innocent guy he ran into.
You can....it is unfortunate this happens

There are other places that race just as hard...but have more common courtesy. A few bad apples give a bad rap to an entire group.

A friend of mine writes on track policies for PCA and other organizations ..the incident rate for a cup car is mind boggling

Maybe the organization needs more self policing.

Or a cup car for dummies crash course...news flash they are much harder to drive than ur street car with abs, psm, stability control and whatever other gadget Porsche has put on its car to make it easier to drive ( yes I have one of these too)

I hope all of the bad apples decide to stay home from VIR....
Old 06-08-2014, 12:33 AM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Wow - the a$$hat almost took out the Daytona Prototype too.
That DP had little chance of making the corner either. Wow, what a "practice" start.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:07 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

DP driver later wrecked the car

Quick Reply: 14 Clash at the Glen Video tread :-)