Watkins Glen Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014 | 10:59 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Old 06-02-2014 | 11:04 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Evan, well played. No post your video of the duel with Fred C. I had a good view from the grandstand while working Hunt's radio for Sprint 1

Would go great with this:

http://tribwdcw.files.wordpress.com/...n-sombrero.jpg
Old 06-02-2014 | 11:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
I'd like to publicly thank VR for his great coaching last weekend. I managed to shave 1.1 seconds off my previous best (also done under the supervision of Dave) and I did it with a broken front lest shock!!! 2:17:3 with a 144hp car!

I did left some time in the Laces, but apart from that, I was right there, notwithstanding the state of the car.

I was pretty happy of my driving! With a good shock and without the fear of crashing (laces) this car that is not mine, I'm pretty sure I could have done 2:16:3, which would have been 0.3 sec off Chris Green best time (GT3 Cup Canada driver).

THANKS DAVE!!!!

c.
Always a pleasure working with you, Charles. Well done!!!

Originally Posted by Der ABT
As I said above...
Old 06-02-2014 | 11:39 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

^^

As a final post (maybe) to this thread I would like to say that the 'professionalism' that I encountered from everyone associated with PCA from the DE through the club race left absolutely nothing to be desired even though this is an avocation for all of them. I also have nothing bad to say about the behavour of any of the racers either on or off the track. Thank you to all of you who make so much fun possible.
Old 06-03-2014 | 12:14 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

In KC on work (wife and kids may have my head)
Big thanks to fred for posting....that was a freaking blast with him all weekend....im scared to see what you do in that car after the cobwebs are off and the car is how you want it....you SCHOOL me in the toe....I had a HUGE smile on my face after that battle, even if i didnt win i woulda been grinning cause that was just fun clean racing...Remember fred Summit point euro SC has to run an extra 400 lb ballast...its some West Virginia rule
ill try to get my video up soon
Also big thanks to muller for the point by so fred and i could race (i think that was the sprint 1)

Big thanks to VR for the help on friday, made some minor tweaks here and there that went a long way. not to mention showing me how to look at some data and make sense of it....and to show me how to put things to use on track....car felt more stable and fought it alot less in several places...
sux when it seems so simple but just takes someone explaining it right...but when it works it works.
had my personal best which im very happy with.

Also big thanks to Dan Jacobs...saved my tail with a used axel....STANDUP bunch of guys there...cant say thanks enough. hopefully i can return the favor in the future.

However had a VERY annoying enduro ...my fault mainly....but had 1st SOLID...even when i pitted under green and others had double yellow pits i still had the lead by a fair margin..(didnt get all the fuel in cause of jug issues)..then i see the black flag for 137...im like why are they pointing that at me...oh yeh im 137 not 37 this race..woops.
go in stop and he is telling me to get goin....turns out my pit stop was less than 1 sec too short....my clock said 3 sec over so not sure what happened.....that put me back on track in like 6th place and like 5-10 min left.
made my way back up to 3rd (jack) at the laces, 2nd was right in front of me.....fuel starvation...3rd got the place i just snagged back (jack) and race was over....TOTALY bummed...I WAS SEVENTH>>>>but then again had a fun time and car came home in one piece (windsheild didnt)

Congrats to all the others out there, i know doug cleaned up, bella and yonker had a blast. spb etc etc
sorry for all those that had issues, mechanical, contact, both.
ill stay out of the other comments for now. some good points though...seems to be alot of blinders out there or at least not the attitude of keeping their car pristine over keepin a position and fighting to get it back.
then again im the guy that likes getting beat so i will push harder and get better.
Old 06-03-2014 | 09:55 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Had a fantastic weekend, got my *** handed to me in E class but thats nothing new. My complements to the track workers, I lost my front tow hook loop "Rennline" in the third practice because the bolt fell out. While looking tat the pile of broken car parts stacked in the garage, what do I see, My to hook loop. How they spotted it I will never know, saved me 95.00 Ha.
Old 06-03-2014 | 10:17 AM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by GT3DE
About a half gallon more than you put in it.
Ah, a BGO (blinding glimpse of the obvious)
Old 06-04-2014 | 07:29 PM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Anybody got the contact info for the photographer? Signed his sheet, he was never around, haven't heard from him and would like a thumb drive. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2014 | 08:09 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MRW
Anybody got the contact info for the photographer? Signed his sheet, he was never around, haven't heard from him and would like a thumb drive. Thanks.
Track time photos
Old 06-04-2014 | 09:57 PM
racing916
Racer

Tracktimephotos.com

Evan,

Thanks for letting grab some red loctite you saved my enduro.

Steve

Last edited by racing916; 06-04-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2014 | 10:13 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

That's a cool vid too, Steve.
Very different game in powerful cars. Sick laptimes!
Old 06-04-2014 | 10:45 PM
racing916
Racer

Tracktimephotos.com

Evan,

Thanks for letting grab some red loctite you saved my enduro.

Steve[/QUOTE]
Old 06-04-2014 | 11:01 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Der ABT
In KC on work (wife and kids may have my head)
Big thanks to fred for posting....that was a freaking blast with him all weekend....im scared to see what you do in that car after the cobwebs are off and the car is how you want it....you SCHOOL me in the toe....I had a HUGE smile on my face after that battle, even if i didnt win i woulda been grinning cause that was just fun clean racing...Remember fred Summit point euro SC has to run an extra 400 lb ballast...its some West Virginia rule
ill try to get my video up soon
Also big thanks to muller for the point by so fred and i could race (i think that was the sprint 1)

Big thanks to VR for the help on friday, made some minor tweaks here and there that went a long way. not to mention showing me how to look at some data and make sense of it....and to show me how to put things to use on track....car felt more stable and fought it alot less in several places...
sux when it seems so simple but just takes someone explaining it right...but when it works it works.
had my personal best which im very happy with.

Also big thanks to Dan Jacobs...saved my tail with a used axel....STANDUP bunch of guys there...cant say thanks enough. hopefully i can return the favor in the future.

However had a VERY annoying enduro ...my fault mainly....but had 1st SOLID...even when i pitted under green and others had double yellow pits i still had the lead by a fair margin..(didnt get all the fuel in cause of jug issues)..then i see the black flag for 137...im like why are they pointing that at me...oh yeh im 137 not 37 this race..woops.
go in stop and he is telling me to get goin....turns out my pit stop was less than 1 sec too short....my clock said 3 sec over so not sure what happened.....that put me back on track in like 6th place and like 5-10 min left.
made my way back up to 3rd (jack) at the laces, 2nd was right in front of me.....fuel starvation...3rd got the place i just snagged back (jack) and race was over....TOTALY bummed...I WAS SEVENTH>>>>but then again had a fun time and car came home in one piece (windsheild didnt)

Congrats to all the others out there, i know doug cleaned up, bella and yonker had a blast. spb etc etc
sorry for all those that had issues, mechanical, contact, both.
ill stay out of the other comments for now. some good points though...seems to be alot of blinders out there or at least not the attitude of keeping their car pristine over keepin a position and fighting to get it back.
then again im the guy that likes getting beat so i will push harder and get better.
I have a tear in my eye now... sitting on my NC cheapo couch wishing I was there as I had 85% of my cheater car built...
Old 06-05-2014 | 03:24 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Results up on MyLaps, Biznatches
Old 06-09-2014 | 01:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Results up on MyLaps, Biznatches
I got to ride with some really skilled drivers I was coaching. Fun times!

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 06-02-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen Club Race