Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA LA officiating is a joke Festival of speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:12 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Gary you made an adroit mockery of the passenger seat when you installed mini lawn chair in your car 3 years ago. )))

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Just got a Google alarm, someone mention passenger seat?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

I have recommended to several clients that they install either a child seat or a child booster seat. one did...
Old 05-11-2014, 11:27 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Since we have the leaders of PCA Club racing reading this thread, wouldn't it be appropriate now to raise the question of:

Why isn't the passenger seat eliminated in stock classes?

Thank you in advance for your responses and most of all for your hard work as volunteers......
I for one, welcome our benevolent overlords.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,872 Likes on 1,709 Posts

There are a lot of similarities between PCA and the FIA... think about that for awhile.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:35 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

^Godwin's law might kill this thread yet. :-)
Old 05-12-2014, 01:09 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I have recommended to several clients that they install either a child seat or a child booster seat. one did...
They wouldn't pass tech though:
"Seats are free as long as the driver’s seat meets the safety requirements, and the passenger seat provides at least as much passenger protection as the stock seat."
Old 05-12-2014, 01:17 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,872 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
^Godwin's law might kill this thread yet. :-)
I had to google that as it was only put in the Oxford English Dictionary in 2012.

I think I've already gone to that level in the Spanish GP thread.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Gary you made an adroit mockery of the passenger seat when you installed mini lawn chair in your car 3 years ago. )))
A mokery I tell thee!!!! And an adroit one at that!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by garrett376
They wouldn't pass tech though:
"Seats are free as long as the driver’s seat meets the safety requirements, and the passenger seat provides at least as much passenger protection as the stock seat."
Actually, a quality child seat with 5 or 6 point harnesses provides a whole lot more protection that a stock seat that has only 3. The rules don't say for an adult...now do they?

A mokery I tell thee!!!! And an adroit one at that!!!

Old 05-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Incorrect again. They tech'd every car running in a POC class including those with PCA logbooks. They should have honored tech forms and stamped logbooks. Again, we all use the same shops....

I couldn't agree with you more and as your previously stated this was a PCA event.
I was the Steward for that race, and I felt we had a good working relationship the the POC leadership. We both had some challenges we had to deal with and I felt we worked as a team to overcome them. For example, we made plans to be sure POC cars all got to run with the guys in their POC class, even if the car didn't fit in the same PCA class, so they could get proper POC points. If the POC leadership felt mistreated or disrespected, the did not tell me.

As for tech - there are 2 levels of tech with PCA, a full tech where a log book is assigned, and paper tech, where the logbook is examined and a determination is made whether the car needs to be physically looked at. POC does this slightly differently (I believe the shops sort of pre-tech) so that was a challenge, because PCA does tech ourselves. Two of our So Cal Scruts (who are also shop owners with POC customers) arranged and completed a number of full techs on POC cars before the event. They also showed up to help get the POC folks through tech at the track as quickly as possible. We absolutely did not do full tech on cars that already had a PCA logbook, though we likely looked at some, especially if they had not run with us in a few years. That's standard practice.

I can understand why this seemed like a pain to racers, but most seemed to take it in stride. It was a great event. I made a point to talk to a lot of POC folks and they seemed to enjoy it. The PCA folks certainly enjoyed having them. Your assertion that PCA's unwillingness to accept POC tech killed the chances of doing it again in '14 makes no sense to me. All 80 cars who raced last year now have PCA logbooks and would just need a quick paper tech.

This is the first I have heard about the issue with your Club Secretary. Sounds like an unfortunate misunderstanding.

West

Last edited by Weston Dillard; 05-12-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to comment on the Club Secretary
Old 05-13-2014, 01:56 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Let's get the thread back on topic, guys. Between all the PCA vs. POC and the POC board member with a history of chronic criticism of PCA CR, we're going OT off the deep end here.

Since we all know how easy it is to be a bench racer (or an amateur racer, for that matter), let me play one myself. On the video OP posted a few pages back, the inside Cup car is clearly at fault. Tons of room on the inside and it is way off the tire "wall". Look at the track-out angle - there was NO WAY that 2 or 3 cars could go through that turn together with the angle he took.

So, either A) slow down more and keep tightly to the left side of the turn to avoid accident, or B) don't, and plow into the outside Cup car as he did. If the outside Cup had reacted and gone wide to avoid the hit, we'd be hearing about the outside car having been "run off the road" by the inside car.

See? Easy.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Let's get the thread back on topic, guys.
But but but... this is Rennlist!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:05 PM
esscape26
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No offense, but I just expected something more dramatic in the film from the broken hand and anger....I say both at fault, racing deal side by side. But I have no idea what the rationale is for PCA decisions, no matter how many times I hear it; seen them go all kinds of ways. And appealing is worthless. The same steward who made the decision can and has decided the appeal. No matter what 'PR' they put out.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:49 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

But but but... this is Rennlist!

Quick Reply: PCA LA officiating is a joke Festival of speed