Sponsored by:

PCA LA officiating is a joke Festival of speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:44 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurt R
That's one thing I like about PWC. can check their website and they will list penalties. Not always right away, but they get listed.
Interestingly, I find you can just spot the idiots. Those people are telling everyone what they will do in the race because often they are so arrogant that they do dumb stuff in practice.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 851 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Interestingly, I find you can just spot the idiots. Those people are telling everyone what they will do in the race because often they are so arrogant that they do dumb stuff in practice.
+1
Old 04-23-2014, 12:42 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 872 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
To protect the innocent, the scrut in question wasn't John Poor or Bruce Boeder.....
His initials are not M.M. are they?
Hoping not since the MM I know would likely NOT act as described.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:28 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
His initials are not M.M. are they?
Hoping not since the MM I know would likely NOT act as described.
No. Go back and look at post 130 on page 9....
Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

regular speed

Last edited by gt2urbo; 05-07-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:49 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,417 Likes on 2,029 Posts

Do you have this video at speed instead of slomo? Don't know if you were the car on the left or right, but having raced this track often, it appears the inside car needs to be tighter on the tire barrier if they are going to be in that position going into 3.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Which car are you?

Looks like the inside car maybe didn't have the front grip to make the turn?

There seemed to be a car width but in slo mo it's hard to tell if the outside car turned in a it too much.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Adam@Autometrics
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems the car on the inside never reaches the apex (it is well wide of the tire stack). Also, its trajectory at impact suggests that car would not have effectively made the turn even if alone. Even with "help" it barely gets turned enough to avoid going off on the outside after the collision. The bulk of fault seems clearly on the inside car (given just this video).
The outside car never seems to get within a car-width of the apex, though it is impossible to know if he would have except for the collision (if the inside car had used all room at apex, would they still have hit?), so it is difficult to say how much, if any, fault should go to the outside car.

I'm surprised after so much initial activity, there's little interest now that there's video...
Old 05-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I hesitate to jump into this thread, but I think you could argue this one either way. The inside car could have backed out or maybe could have held a tighter line to the edge of the track, but it appears that the outside car was aware of his presence and was trying to squeeze him well before the apex. Seems like both drivers knew where they were but no one wanted to back down.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,883 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam@Autometrics
It seems the car on the inside never reaches the apex (it is well wide of the tire stack). Also, its trajectory at impact suggests that car would not have effectively made the turn even if alone. Even with "help" it barely gets turned enough to avoid going off on the outside after the collision. The bulk of fault seems clearly on the inside car (given just this video).
The outside car never seems to get within a car-width of the apex, though it is impossible to know if he would have except for the collision (if the inside car had used all room at apex, would they still have hit?), so it is difficult to say how much, if any, fault should go to the outside car.

I'm surprised after so much initial activity, there's little interest now that there's video...
Agreed. Based on this video alone it's hard to fault the Andial (outside) car. Inside car never appeared to have the corner. Looking at it in stop-action from 0:20-0:24, Andial appears ahead as they go to brakes and head to apex. Also appears to ahve left enough room for two cars had inside car taken normal line. Just one interpretation from one video.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Note to self - don't buy a cup car
Old 05-08-2014, 02:00 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,273 Likes on 1,868 Posts

Plenty of time for that to have been avoided...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-08-2014, 02:16 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Why not? At least you won't need a passenger seat.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 851 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam@Autometrics

Agreed, from THIS video.

Originally Posted by Nizer
Agreed. Based on this video alone it's hard to fault the Andial (outside) car. Inside car never appeared to have the corner. Looking at it in stop-action from 0:20-0:24, Andial appears ahead as they go to brakes and head to apex. Also appears to ahve left enough room for two cars had inside car taken normal line. Just one interpretation from one video.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Plenty of time for that to have been avoided...
+997
Old 05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean F

I'm bored today. Can the pissed off cup car drivers post more rants please.

I was just wondering, was this a points race or purely just a money race with a really big payout to the top 3 places. I mistakenly thought PCA was gentleman racing.

(I'm in my bomb proof bunker today)

Quick Reply: PCA LA officiating is a joke Festival of speed