Sponsored by:

Sebring Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:07 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Thanks man! You saw my desperation when i started warming up the tires for them to go cold again and again. I imagine you had some fun with Dan on his SP3 951. I thought you had been the casualty on T 1 at the enduro. However it was took a big hit I had a couple of close calls on the fun race with 944's since i started from the pits. I don't think they were expecting me to come like a bat out of hell from behind. I rode the motorcycle right at the end of the meeting to my car which was already started for me and headed out to the grid only to find it had already closed... Since we had the trailer at T 16 it took forever to maneuver through to the grid. My yellow beast is now going into partial hibernation. The big beast will be ready for prime time shortly! I was hoping for dry weather to see how fast we could go before putting it into semi retirement. I think that the GT6S record at 2:25 i set will remain for a while

That was a different car in the Enduro. Hard to believe there is (or was) two SPB's in such a horrible color! The car in the Enduro was my buddies car after a tire failure in 1. I was going to co-drive the car with him but never made it into it after the crash. He is fine, the car not so much.

The only SP1/2/3 cars I saw in sprint 1 where the ones I caught and past. I was trying hard to catch you, which of course was never going to happen. Finished 28 seconds in front of the 2nd place SPB, and sprint two looked like the same at the start, until a 944 did a comet impression over the start finish line, and it went down hill from there.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Wasn't nose to tail...was side by side cause of traffic. Vid should be awesome if it recorded I'm hoping to find a pic. Anyone know the name of the photographer

Oh and I passed patrick long...woot. I got video to prove it...and green flag..

At Disney with the family blowing the rest of the years tire budget paying the mouse as mark francis says so be patient...back still hurts from getting hit in the "fun races"
Nice job, look forward to seeing you at the Glen Evan, though the way you are running I may not see you for long! Hope to make Sebring someday, maybe when the "Streak 22 degree T15" is installed...
Old 02-04-2014, 12:55 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Ring gear / flywheel exploded...destroyed the bell housing and one ear on engine case

Trans back together tomorrow...and case on way to jb racing for surgery

Should be back together for HSR at pbir in two weeks
Ouch. That's a tough one. Seems to happen too often. One weekend at NJMP BGB had it happen twice. Maybe I need to go into the pressure plate business.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:32 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
Great weekend.

Here's a little video of the end of the purple enduro. Started 4th overall but had brake problems from lap one. Fought my way to get to the end of the race and got lucky with a yellow flag with 3 laps to go. Re start was crazy. Passed Jenks and held him off for 1 1/2 laps until I missed a shift and he passed me back. As luck would have it he broke an axle 500 ft. from the finish line. What a crazy ending.
sebring enduro last 2 laps - YouTube
here it is from my angle. i also had a missed shift at 7 and thouhgt scott was going to get away, glad he ran into traffic. had so much fun 1st time racing and to run with people i knew

Old 02-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Ouch. That's a tough one. Seems to happen too often. One weekend at NJMP BGB had it happen twice. Maybe I need to go into the pressure plate business.
Yup...it destroyed a bunch of stuff

and this is the Sachs RSR type with three bands....im open to suggestions for something else

The pressure plate is supposed to be good for 400 ft-lb...and my car is making less than 300 ft-lb
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2014, 05:24 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Results are up on Mylaps
Old 02-04-2014, 05:43 PM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Fun watching the two vids of the last two Purple Enduro laps. Mine is the E class 944 (#134) in the video- when the safety car came out, I was five cars back of it and in the middle of all the leaders. When we went green, it was pretty intense- trying to maintain my class position and stay out of the way of the guys racing for something. Great experience, lots of fun, favorite event of the year.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:18 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

OK, here's a 3rd perspective from my stock H car. Behind, then infront, then behind, then infront for the 2 lap sprint to the end of the enduro...

Old 02-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

What is that, a scuba suit?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:42 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
What is that, a scuba suit?
LOL...drink hose popped loose after pitstop
Old 02-04-2014, 11:39 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The nice thing about 4 run groups....less complaining about the "Cup Car guys"
Old 02-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Madness
Rennlist Member

Great seeing all of my race buds at the 48 Hours this weekend. Peter, awesome final weekend - we'll miss you. Juan you are way too fast in that 2.0L

The purple enduro was crazy with the final dash after the late double yellow - glad one went my way.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:50 PM
jenk12m
Banned

im sure it will come back when its 3 groups again. lol
Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Madness
Peter, awesome final weekend - we'll miss you.
It was a great weekend and a great way to go out. Glad I got to see you. Keep the tracks warm for me!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM
jenk12m
Banned

angus, congrats on the win. wish i couldve been up closer to you at the end. i wasted to much time on my pit stop

Quick Reply: Sebring Club Race