Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened in Orange Sprint 1? Race Monitor showed 1 lap. Red Flag? Rain?

Nice drovin Mike. 5th in Sprint 2 and 1st time in car. Way to go.

John H did really well in D. Congrats on 2nd behind Hale.

Good luck in the enduros today.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:43 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Yes. Totally my fault which i told to pca. Cow driver very nice guy, very very cool about whole thing. Minimal damage his car, mostly f'ed my car. I admitted total fault to help ensure he got to keep racing.
Sorry to hear about the accident but kudos to you for handling the situation like a gentlemen.

Yesterday I was playing in my GT3 at PBIR and on the way home I passed a 997 Cup Car on a wrecker with the left side a mess from corner to corner. Driver is a customer of Orbit Racing, I assume it was headed there. Hope the carnage at Sebring was limited to the few reports we have heard so far.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:49 AM
racing916
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Yonker had a rough weekend... tough tow throw the storm... then fought electrical gremlins due to water from thursday. Abs issues, fried motec.... he was off last year's pace by 3 seconds and he was running on slicks for the first time.

Thanks for the update. Hope they have luck sorting it out.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:49 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Watched the afternoon race live feed from the Isringhausen Cayman....thanks that was awesome! Jenks passed the Isringhausen car in T15 and then passed the next car in T1...great passes Mike...then Jenks checked out and was gone!... but then coming around in T17 saw a spin/tire smoke...hard to tell what happened but it seemed to be the car behind Jenks and then it looked like the rest of the race was double yellow then black flagged. Hard to tell. Looks like those Caymans are a blast!
I think that was Mike Bavarro in his Cayman. He had an ecu failure that made him spin and kiss the wall backwards. Just a bumper skin for damage though.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Hope the carnage at Sebring was limited to the few reports we have heard so far.
I've already heard about the "spec car pachinko" from all the way up here in KY.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Yonker had a rough weekend... tough tow throw the storm... then fought electrical gremlins due to water from thursday. Abs issues, fried motec.... he was off last year's pace by 3 seconds and he was running on slicks for the first time.
The track seemed to be a few seconds slow compared to early December...but I was running on a couple event (20-25ish HC) old R6 in GT4 so really didn't have a chance against cars on fresh slicks.

Crazy amount of very wrecks that were from inexperienced drivers or people over driving their cars, this is club racing with only plastic trophies . I watched most of the races from different corners and you could pick out a car laps before it wrecked .....

Here is the first red sprint group....I didn't qualify (no rain tires) so had to start from the back and weave my way thru the field....finished p-9

Second red sprint group I got to start closer to the front...then my flywheel grenaded

Old 02-02-2014, 12:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,236 Likes on 1,856 Posts

Quicker today (Sunday)
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-02-2014, 01:05 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Originally Posted by paradisenb
What happened in Orange Sprint 1? Race Monitor showed 1 lap. Red Flag? Rain?

Nice drovin Mike. 5th in Sprint 2 and 1st time in car. Way to go.

John H did really well in D. Congrats on 2nd behind Hale.

Good luck in the enduros today.
thanks randy, its been a lot to take in all at once. new car, 1st time on slicks, manual brakes(cup car style), numeric shifter and just learning how to be a racer in general. extremely pleased thus far and having a blast. goldcrest built a great car. to good maybe because somehow i qualified on the front row for the 90min enduro today
Old 02-02-2014, 01:07 PM
jenk12m
Banned

orange group had 3 restarts yesterday, been a little ugly in that group this year

cup car group has calmed down but still a few tapped the walls. 2 of them in the wet trying to go full tit over start/finish...big no no
Old 02-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I lost count of the restarts. It was like a drag race for me. Drop the green and go out on my own until the next double yellow.

I think there might have been a mistake on the last double yellow on the enduro when the pace car picked me as the leader of the race when I believe I was 7th overall since I was coming out of my pit stop and the second place car had not pitted or was in after me. I took the last green and wondered why I had to do an extra lap.

Love to see the Boxsters and 944's fighting out there. They have very close racing (from my perspective). Sorry to have seen the badly damaged Boxster on the exit of T1 during the enduro Looked like a real hard hit.

Also, GB's Cup hit on the front straight (after slipping on the start/finish paint) was very unfortunate. Great guy, great car.

I wonder, why not etch the logos on the track of perhaps do them using colored concrete. That paint is like ice and the small puddle right before it does not help. I'm very conservative there but it caught many drivers by surprise (some with catastrophic results).
Old 02-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Most everyone was slower. I blame it on the track not a lot of rubber accumulated after all the rains. I was 1 sec off my best lap.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Great. They combined the D cars with your crash group for enduro. Sly is running D today. Crap.
Which one was your car?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:07 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Track was definitely 1-2 seconds off.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
I wonder, why not etch the logos on the track of perhaps do them using colored concrete. That paint is like ice and the small puddle right before it does not help. I'm very conservative there but it caught many drivers by surprise (some with catastrophic results).
This will all be fixed when NASCAR repaves Sebring.....it is just a matter of when they start the repaving
Old 02-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Repave ??? Please don't. That would take away Sebring's character.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist

Quick Reply: Sebring Club Race