Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring Club Race

Old 02-03-2014, 07:42 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sleder, I forgot you at the track. I would've came down and introduced myself. I was in the all grey cayman #121
Old 02-03-2014, 08:30 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 607 Likes on 297 Posts

Was great to see a bunch of my Sebring race buddies had a fun weekend with a few screw ups on driver strategy items but came home with a smile on my face as usual
Rich
Old 02-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Good pic of start
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

And another...my antique in a sea of caymans
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
3 E cars nose to tail finish in an ENDURO? Wow, love to see that video!
Wasn't nose to tail...was side by side cause of traffic. Vid should be awesome if it recorded I'm hoping to find a pic. Anyone know the name of the photographer

Oh and I passed patrick long...woot. I got video to prove it...and green flag..

At Disney with the family blowing the rest of the years tire budget paying the mouse as mark francis says so be patient...back still hurts from getting hit in the "fun races"
Old 02-03-2014, 09:45 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sleder, I forgot you at the track. I would've came down and introduced myself. I was in the all grey cayman #121
I never got out of Bodymotion paddock. I wanted to get out and about...
Old 02-03-2014, 09:59 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Which one was your car?
Sly was in my D car - white with yellow front spoiler/bumper 911 #213
Old 02-03-2014, 10:02 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Yea I really hope they don't repave it but I'm sure it's only a matter of time

Glad to hear track was 1-2 sec slow from everybody
my best time this week was a 2:12.12 at DMTD before all the rain. After rain did a 2:13.889 - I'LL TAKE THE 2 SECONDS. lol
Old 02-03-2014, 10:05 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Wasn't nose to tail...was side by side cause of traffic. Vid should be awesome if it recorded I'm hoping to find a pic. Anyone know the name of the photographer

Oh and I passed patrick long...woot. I got video to prove it...and green flag..
Nice drovin and nice wins Evan. Did you pass "Patrick Long" first or second half of the Enduro? 'Cause I got passed by him in the first half and passed "him" (or his co-drover) the second half :-)
Old 02-03-2014, 10:31 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
And another...my antique in a sea of caymans
Did you figure out what is wrong with your car??

New engine??
Old 02-03-2014, 10:41 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
I lost count of the restarts. It was like a drag race for me. Drop the green and go out on my own until the next double yellow.

I think there might have been a mistake on the last double yellow on the enduro when the pace car picked me as the leader of the race when I believe I was 7th overall since I was coming out of my pit stop and the second place car had not pitted or was in after me. I took the last green and wondered why I had to do an extra lap.

Love to see the Boxsters and 944's fighting out there. They have very close racing (from my perspective). Sorry to have seen the badly damaged Boxster on the exit of T1 during the enduro Looked like a real hard hit.

Also, GB's Cup hit on the front straight (after slipping on the start/finish paint) was very unfortunate. Great guy, great car.

I wonder, why not etch the logos on the track of perhaps do them using colored concrete. That paint is like ice and the small puddle right before it does not help. I'm very conservative there but it caught many drivers by surprise (some with catastrophic results).
Good racing with you Juan. I was the yellow SPB behind you at the start of both sprints. I could keep up with you in sprint one for about 4 laps and then you where gone. Sprint two was a disaster. After almost passing out in the car waiting for the 1st restart I was caught out in the wrong gear when the green went and was swallowed by 6 SPB's. Managed to get a few position back before becoming a causality in a 944 love tap fest. Coming into 3 fast, the car in front of me stopped and I had no where to go. My car isn't to bad considering how hard I hit him. No 13 13 as it was unavoidable for me. Just a bent car.

Track was much faster at DMD's for sure. Still had a ball though and will be back next year, no doubt.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:47 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
my best time this week was a 2:12.12 at DMTD before all the rain. After rain did a 2:13.889 - I'LL TAKE THE 2 SECONDS. lol
shoot me too...lol. i more than likely couldve been in the 18's. did 21 flat and screwed up 17 by not finding the right gear
Old 02-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks man! You saw my desperation when i started warming up the tires for them to go cold again and again. I imagine you had some fun with Dan on his SP3 951. I thought you had been the casualty on T 1 at the enduro. However it was took a big hit I had a couple of close calls on the fun race with 944's since i started from the pits. I don't think they were expecting me to come like a bat out of hell from behind. I rode the motorcycle right at the end of the meeting to my car which was already started for me and headed out to the grid only to find it had already closed... Since we had the trailer at T 16 it took forever to maneuver through to the grid. My yellow beast is now going into partial hibernation. The big beast will be ready for prime time shortly! I was hoping for dry weather to see how fast we could go before putting it into semi retirement. I think that the GT6S record at 2:25 i set will remain for a while
Old 02-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stujelly
Did you figure out what is wrong with your car??

New engine??
Ring gear / flywheel exploded...destroyed the bell housing and one ear on engine case

Trans back together tomorrow...and case on way to jb racing for surgery

Should be back together for HSR at pbir in two weeks
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Great weekend.

Here's a little video of the end of the purple enduro. Started 4th overall but had brake problems from lap one. Fought my way to get to the end of the race and got lucky with a yellow flag with 3 laps to go. Re start was crazy. Passed Jenks and held him off for 1 1/2 laps until I missed a shift and he passed me back. As luck would have it he broke an axle 500 ft. from the finish line. What a crazy ending.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sebring Club Race