Originally Posted by Glen
I have a suite reserved... For you and I...muah

Well, as long as its a suite.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

this thread is hillarious.

national sets this, how dare you say something about this year not next, They get the suite wtih the newlywed package (probably with pca race winnings)

i feel regardless of timing is the time to talk about it, doesnt matter if you say its for this year or next. talkign about it brings the attention to the issue for all years...hopefully someone is part of the comittee and can bring this up.

For the summit race i was told by some CT stock boys taht if we didnt have peach cobbler they would stop coming.....low and behold we had peach cobbler cause i brought it up in a meeting....didnt happen over night but it happened, if they hadnt said anything that year it would not have happened (aka we talked to the caterer at the race and they agreed for the next year).

Hopefully this year is some good racing, we make the trip from the DC area and its not exactly easy. ive actually thought of switiching sebring for some other races (road america etc) for some of the reasons mentioned. if i was a cup car driver in the past 2-3 years i am pretty sure it would be replaced.

Who cares about DE at a club race, i think its a great filler. but it should stay a filler, not be a club race at a DE event at the expense of the races.
But i would also venture to guess that races would be happy to pay a little extra to have 4 run groups if the event was loosing money. if its breaking even then great...this is a club not a for profit event.

Astro...you may need to use the sofa bed in that suite....or i could see you yelling at doug the next day ..>HOW COULD YOU>>>WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL ....but who takes the chiuahah
Old 12-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow. I never realized before what an exclusionary group the racers are. Makes me really glad that I spend many hours volunteering on the grid at this event to help make it a fun and safe weekend for you. Sorry I took up some of "your" track time.

"It's the people."
Old 12-12-2013, 09:39 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsics
SG

It doesn't have to be just racers.
I think most of us are just asking for four run groups
btw, this i agree wholeheartedly with. 80 in a run group. reduce 5 to 4.
everyone has to pay like 25% more. another $200bucks.?
no brainer at all. at all.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Wow. I never realized before what an exclusionary group the racers are. Makes me really glad that I spend many hours volunteering on the grid at this event to help make it a fun and safe weekend for you. Sorry I took up some of "your" track time.

"It's the people."
whats exclusionary about this? if you want to come race....get a lisc and come racing we would love to have ya....
most of us have no issue with a de group...just not a de group that causes issues with the races....there is 1 sebring "PCA CLUB RACE" each year - which flatsics pointed out previously...how many DE's are there.

i think we are avidly discussiong the "making this safe" portion here with the fact it seems they are loading up the run groups to allow more DE vs what is safest for the race cars.
last year in the top group enduro i watched the slowest car get lapped on LAP 3 of a 90 min enduro...that speed differential is rediculous and can cause alot of issues when you have 3-4 cars racing nose to tail.

hats off to all volunteers, i know first hand how much work it takes....and if you think yuor not appreciated then i dont think your paying attention.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:35 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

We could just flip it and schedule race run groups at every DE. More races closer to home, smaller fields and thus more chances to win.

^^Sarcasm^^
Attached Images  
Old 12-12-2013, 11:03 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

This was never or never intended to be a thread bashing DE's at races.

I certainly don't understand how this thread comes across as not appreciative of volunteers.

Why can't it just be about how many run groups for racers at a RACE at Sebring?
Old 12-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsics
This was never or never intended to be a thread bashing DE's at races.

I certainly don't understand how this thread comes across as not appreciative of volunteers.

Why can't it just be about how many run groups for racers at a RACE at Sebring?
LOL - because it's rennlist!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:15 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sean F
LOL - because it's rennlist!
ain't that the truth
Old 12-12-2013, 11:29 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 678 Likes on 342 Posts

^^So true
Doug, unfortunately the number of run groups is directly affected by the number of DE groups and registrants...which is why this thread went down this path... . My 'guess' is that it will only be 3 run groups like in previous years. if it were different, they would have said something about it during registration since it's been such a hot topic the past year.

Falcondrivr - racers are not an exclusionary group, but as has been pointed out many times on this and many other threads, the is a PCA CLUB RACE weekend, and the ONLY PCA race at Sebring, so what's not understood is why should RACING be hindered because of NON-RACING on a RACING weekend?

I posted this once before around the COTA question of having DE groups at the expense of Race groups: for all the DE only drivers, what if at your favorite (and always sold out) DE event they decided to limit the DE registrants because they wanted to have a few Autocross sessions set up and run on the track? What if they substituted the normal 5 DE groups and limited it to 3 so there were 2 Autocross groups? Wouldn't the DE people that got shut out of the event because they had to limit the sessions to accommodate the Autocrossers be upset? "This is a DE Event, not an Autocross" they would say...

Same thing here.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 12-12-2013, 11:55 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Important issue raised above.

Safety.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape

Falcondrivr - racers are not an exclusionary group, but as has been pointed out many times on this and many other threads, the is a PCA CLUB RACE weekend, and the ONLY PCA race at Sebring, so what's not understood is why should RACING be hindered because of NON-RACING on a RACING weekend?

I posted this once before around the COTA question of having DE groups at the expense of Race groups: for all the DE only drivers, what if at your favorite (and always sold out) DE event they decided to limit the DE registrants because they wanted to have a few Autocross sessions set up and run on the track? What if they substituted the normal 5 DE groups and limited it to 3 so there were 2 Autocross groups? Wouldn't the DE people that got shut out of the event because they had to limit the sessions to accommodate the Autocrossers be upset? "This is a DE Event, not an Autocross" they would say...

Same thing here.
Ahh, I see. Let me reiterate that I speak only for myself here, not the organizers of the 48, or the Suncoast PCA board (I am a board member.)
You say this is a PCA CLUB RACE weekend. I would say that this is the 48 hours at Sebring. A PCA weekend with fun for all, incorporating a club race component. Certainly that component is the most important part. However, the other components, like DE, have a part.
I know for a fact that the organizers work very hard to balance the event, and that balance falls overwhelmingly in favor of the racing, as it should. The DE run groups are full to the point of not being as much fun also. It's about the event, and the registration results show that plenty of people feel that way.
My comments about the volunteers come from the "vibe" of most, NOT all, of the posts on this thread, which seem to say; "You DE kids need to stay out of OUR weekend, unless you want to pony up and play with the big kids."
Old 12-12-2013, 12:02 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Safety..... that is why I will not register.

Mark

Quick Reply: Run groups for Sebring PCA Club Race