https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 861 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by MSTACH
anyway , that is what I was thinking:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Well, if you look at the context of the full interview, the incidents that caused Sir Jackie to ask the question, and still say that is what you are were thinking and would do, you don't belong in a Club Race.

Senna's attitude was go for the gap, consequences be damned......

That has no place in Club Racing, period.

Scott
Old 06-09-2013, 11:13 PM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I got it,
Do it safely takes some time - I am not Mr.Perfect
Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2013, 07:35 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed. that is what Grand Am, WC, and othe rpro racing is aobut where you can lean on one another reasonably without your day ending with a black flag or 13/13. a driver doesnt define what club racing in pca is all about.....PCA Club racing defines it and the driver either gets on board, or you go elsewhere. PCA says we're there to race, to complete, to enjoy our cars in a race environment but to co-exist without contact and with respect.
Meaning, last lap, you're trailing someone who is abit slower and if you could clear them you win, in any other racing venue, you'd give them a bumper rub , you'd move them a smidge but not enough to get a penalty, you'd dive bomb a brake zone perhaps...because winning is priority 1 in other venues. in pca, that absolute win is defined as NOT priority #1. there is no tv, no prize money, no trophies per se. and other than those who scour rennpoints to see how guys did, noone outside our small universe of pca drivers gives a rats **** who did what.

Originally Posted by winders
Well, if you look at the context of the full interview, the incidents that caused Sir Jackie to ask the question, and still say that is what you are were thinking and would do, you don't belong in a Club Race.

Senna's attitude was go for the gap, consequences be damned......

That has no place in Club Racing, period.

Scott
Old 06-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
I was speaking in general terms about how vague, contradictory, and non-consistently enforced rules in any organization allocate too much (discretion) power to the arbitrators, and produce much more work for them to boot. I even used the word "arbitrators" and not "stewards" as a pointer that I am not only not talking about PCA stewards specifically but about organizations in general.
But why would you even say such a thing, regardless of the organization? The world does not begin & end with Skip Barber, you know, and until you sit in their (race officials') shoes, you (or any of us) are really in no position to make such claims.

Police officers have "discretion" too, such as for speeding and other traffic-related tickets. Is this also a bad thing in your mind?

I am not commenting in any way on any of the incidents portrayed in this thread, nor the stewards' decisions about same. Rather, I am specifically talking about your comments.

If, as Streak says, there are a couple of bad "power trip" apples out there, as stewards of membership-driven organizations, it would seems to me a much better tactic would be for the membership to get rid of them, rather than make personal insinuations such as yours in forums like this.

but what do I know?

Quick Reply: Mishaps, I still don't get it.