Sponsored by:

COTA 2013 Videos and Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
There is never, ever, any excuse for a driver in a DE for taking things into their own hands and passing whenever they feel like it. Even if he had received point-by's in T15, he would have had to wave it off.

Regarding his speed, despite two extra passing zones that I did not have (because I followed instructions), and despite him being in a faster car, I stayed immediately behind him for 4 consecutive laps without getting a point by. His frustration could not have been any higher than anyone elses'.
I didn't mean to give the impression that I was condoning his behavior. If you met him in person you would understand, he was testosterone incarnate.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I didn't mean to give the impression that I was condoning his behavior. If you met him in person you would understand, he was testosterone incarnate.
LMFAO!

OK, I know the guy, too, and that right there is hilarious!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:37 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That driver exhibited two other black-flag-worthy behaviors during that same session, one of which would have resulted in contact had I not been ready for it.
Funny. Let me start by stating that, yes, that pass in 15 was not correct, I don't recall what happened, if he gave me a point by, or just lifted to the point that I just flew by him. No frustration, nothing to prove. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not there to prove anything to anyone.
As to your point about the second infraction. What jackass in his right mind would attempt to take the inside lane on turn 1 without a point by?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

There is never, ever, any excuse for a driver in a DE for taking things into their own hands and passing whenever they feel like it. Even if he had received point-by's in T15, he would have had to wave it off.

Regarding his speed, despite two extra passing zones that I did not have (because I followed instructions), and despite him being in a faster car, I stayed immediately behind him for 4 consecutive laps without getting a point by. His frustration could not have been any higher than anyone elses'.
This statement has convinced me that you are truly a certifiable jackass. Yes, you would catch me in the straightways and you would pull away from me in the back straight, GT2 like, which by the way you would ineptly give right back under braking. Your ineptness at keeping up in the technical aspects of the course has blinded you to the degree of how much of a jackass you really are. Lest we forget, on T20, while you are trying to catch me, how you spun out trying to carry too much speed into the corner? I guess you won't show that video. What about entertaining us to some of the video in which you would fall behind in the S's and anywhere else that required track knowledge and skill? Why would I let a slow 4.0 by me when you didn't show any capability of knowing how to drive that car faster in the technical areas. I bet my grandmother can drive as fast as you on any road with no turns.
Your quote, "and despite him being in a faster car, I stayed immediately behind him for 4 consecutive laps without getting a point by". Another Jackass point, how do you figure I have the faster car? My 997 is bone stock except for the slicks. How do you explain it? your car is equal, a 3.6 by its factory designation, explain how you can pull such a large lead, GT2 like, on the back straight or catch me with so much ease on the front straight? I know a 3.8, driven by a competent driver, unlike yourself, that was behind wasn't able to catch me in the straights. I later found out, by one of your buddies? that you have a 4.0 conversion? Tell us about that aspect, and don't tell me you haven't done anything to that engine. I have been doing this for a while and I can tell the difference between a 3.6, 3.8, 4.0 and GT2/RS difference in the straights and your car is not a 3.6.
Every point you have made, except where I acknowledge my error, sounds like you are reliving your teenage years. Grow up and get some *****, you sound like you are hanging out with some of your teenage buddies bragging about how fast your silly car is.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WAHOO!!!

A good ole Texas *** whuppin coming on here....
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by russo
Funny. Let me start by stating that, yes, that pass in 15 was not correct, I don't recall what happened, if he gave me a point by, or just lifted to the point that I just flew by him. No frustration, nothing to prove. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not there to prove anything to anyone.
I think there were a couple passes in T15 in the videos, not just the one. Although in the second video, there was a clear passing signal (despite it being in a no-passing zone).

Also, FWIW, although may of the folks here on Rennlist may be certifiable jackasses, I dispute that ERV is inept. In fact, I would say he's a very ept jackass.

-td
Old 05-21-2013, 03:05 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by himself
I think there were a couple passes in T15 in the videos, not just the one. Although in the second video, there was a clear passing signal (despite it being in a no-passing zone).

Also, FWIW, although may of the folks here on Rennlist may be certifiable jackasses, I dispute that ERV is inept. In fact, I would say he's a very ept jackass.

-td
Thank you for clearing that up, I feel much better knowing that erv is a very ept jackass; however it doesn't change the fact that a jackass he is!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

In case the message wasn't clear, my statement was actaully a sarcastic commentary of your post. I don't take sides, but when I do, it's with VR.

-td
Old 05-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Vampire
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't have a dog in this fight (I learned that expression in Texas), but up north, if a car behind you catches you at the same point on every lap, they are faster than you. Otherwise, you would be pulling away from them.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by himself
I don't take sides, but when I do, it's with VR.

-td
Hahaha!

Well, in this case, I know both indivduals involved.

I like both individuals involved--they are both good folks.

Ironically, they would probably find that they have a lot in common, a similar sense of humr at times, a similar world view, etc., and might under normal circumsances become good friends.

Thus, I would resectfully ask that they communicate directly via PM to resolve their diagreements.

That is my side...
Old 05-21-2013, 04:19 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

"Testosterone incarnate". LMFAO!!!
That's T-shirt material right there!

I'd also side with VR. And his avatars.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 913 Posts

If it's good enough for Hennessey.....

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/05/for...ns-ford-f.html
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Cheyenne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...it's almost as if people should drive in DE's at only 90% of their ability, so they have some attention span left over for stuff like knowing what is going on around them, or learning how to drive on a racetrack.

One person may be much faster than another, but if they can't anticipate what that driver is going to do accurately, how safe can they pass? And if there are rules on passing, and you're breaking them to feel like you're getting your money's worth, are you really at the right type of event?

Do you need to be ahead of that person to work on your skills? Is it going to kill your buzz to let off on the straight to let them have some room? If you are using your lap times to gauge progress in a DE situation, you're likely missing out on working on the details that will really make you faster.

And if you're holding people up who could are actually faster than you... YOU. Not your car. You. Just do the right thing, and get out of the way! I'm sure we all know what it feels like to be stuck behind someone who isn't paying attention, or is ego tripping. It happens all the time in regular traffic, so we all know the feeling. Why would you want to cause that feeling in someone else? Not to mention, if they are actually faster than you...you're missing out on free coaching by following them!!! OMFG, why are you paying for track time only to hold yourself back from becoming a better driver!!??!

Whether you're on the track to just have fun going fast, or to get serious work done on your skillset, having tension with other drivers doesn't help either way. You can't control them, but you can control you, and if free passing, or being with a more homogenous group is that important, maybe it's time to step up to real racing, it's not like they'll kick you off for being in the bottom 10 right? ...unless you're worried your ego can't take it?

I'm not just pointing the finger at everyone else here, last week I went to the gokart track, my first time on a track of any kind in over 3 years. I wasted 3 sessions overdriving everywhere like a doofus, because I couldn't settle down and do real work on stuff. I had some fun, but I've felt like a dumbass for the last week for wasting the opportunity to get some real work done.

I may have let my excitement get the best of me, but I still apologized to the kids who were just there to have fun for accidentally bumping one of them, and thanked them all for responding to the passing flag. I dunno if these kids even knew what an apex was, but they paid the same as I did, and as they were just there for fun, rather than easing the pressure of an overwhelming obsession, who the hell am I to have an attitude about how they want to enjoy it so long as they follow the rules?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
If it's good enough for Hennessey.....

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/05/for...ns-ford-f.html
Now this thread is looking up! Thanks, Warren!

Quick Reply: COTA 2013 Videos and Impressions