Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COTA 2013 Videos and Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 PM
friscocayman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for both of these guys to get out of DE and step up to Club Racing. Let's see this settled in an actual race.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Here that pass I was talking about. GT2RS, not sure if it's the guy who punted the fence later in the day or not.

4 cars, inside going into 12 - NO POINTBYS

Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Here that pass I was talking about. GT2RS, not sure if it's the guy who punted the fence later in the day or not.

Not the same GT2RS. The one who impacted the fence has Montana license plates. This one has Texas plates.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:57 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by friscocayman
Time for both of these guys to get out of DE and step up to Club Racing. Let's see this settled in an actual race.
Not sure that's such a good idea.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Chill guys. It's just a DE....

Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent pictures, John- Thanks for posting.
We had a great time at COTA and hope that the Club is invited back.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:24 PM
dskogman
2nd Gear

Same guy passed a few of us on the front straight before I could get my arm out the window. Thought I was in a Vette club event most of the weekend
Old 05-21-2013, 11:38 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by russo
I stand corrected, that was the only car that was able to dog me in the straits; however, it doesn't change the fact that mr. Pro here finds it appropriate to criticize anyone knowing the circumstances that we were in. Indeed, my apologies, jack ***, it still doesn't change who you are. In fact, it re-enforces my opinion of you since now I know exactly who you are, no one of consequence on that particular day. The 4.0 was the only car that did indeed challenge in the straits. You, I have no friggin idea what hole you crawled out of. Let me understand this correctly, you catch me in traffic and you expect a point by? No, let me understand this one better, we are in a DE and you try to get past me and I slam the door on you while during the entire time there is no point by? You are so full of it. Am I taking this personally, you friggin bet I am. Did the thought cross your puny little friggin brain that the yellow Honda decelerated so much that I had no other course of action but to go by. I guess that your own video evidence doesn't help you at all, driving at 49 mph behind him. Give me a friggin break, from the little evidence you showed us you were never in a position to pass, unless of course you count slow traffic. By the way, I will be at TWS with PCA next month and if you don't like what I have written you can come and pay me a personal visit, you pompous stupid MF. That is all I have to say on this matter. Go back into that little friggin hole you crawled out of you jerk! We get 14 mins sessions with a myriad of traffic and this friggin genius is c/o that he was entitled to some imaginary pass that wasn't there. By the way, a 3.6 GT3/RS is the same HP, Genius. I really look forward to having you introduce yourself to me at TWS.
The hole that I crawled out of is that of being a National PCA instructor, with about 100 track days over the last 6 years. I'm not a racer, nor am I a perfect driver, but I get around the track just fine and I know what good point-by's and unsafe passing looks like.

That Honda wasn't decelerating, it was accelerating out of the turn and you just ran up on it. If you had no other course of action, then you were not managing your closing speed on the car in front of you. The fact that you did it twice in a row in the same place says that the problem isn't with my puny little friggin brain. It's somewhere else.

Actually, I already have tried to introduce myself to you - at COTA! I asked you about your name and your car. Tried to be a nice guy. You gave a two-word answer and walked off without any interest in small talk. Your temper and tirades above - even after realizing that you had been ranting about a different driver - just reinforce the initial impression. Have fun at TWS. I'll be there, but have no intention of mixing track time with people who go postal when confronted with some pretty minor criticism.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Doug007
Racer

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
I finally got time to download my Racekeeper and put the best lap online. Most of the rest of the laps few that there were averaged around 2:55.

SAT 4.1at Circuit of the Americas in SPB 28 on Vimeo
Nice driving. Your lines look excellent.

Any idea what is going on with the choppy video? The audio seems to get more out of sync as the lap progresses. Kinda strange, never really seen that before.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:25 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcs_911
No impressions, discussions, debates. Just photos...
My pictures from the COTA Club Race are at:

http://johnsandusky.smugmug.com/PCA/2013-COTA-Club-Race
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Any chance of getting a copy of the #65 997 Cup (white with blue stripes)? I'd like to give it to Dad.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:08 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
I finally got time to download my Racekeeper and put the best lap online. Most of the rest of the laps few that there were averaged around 2:55.

SAT 4.1at Circuit of the Americas in SPB 28 on Vimeo
Von, nice driving!! must have been the coolsuit!!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

NOT!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

Seems like there were a lot of tightly wound DE guys there. Its a DE if you see an usafe situation, report it to the CDI and move on. I do not challenge anyone at a DE event on the track. I try to leave lots of room because I don't know the driver. Conga lines don't bother me because that is what happens at DE,'s. Is this not supposed to be fun and relaxing.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nah!!! Wouldn't be prudent.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 AM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Awesome story. You'd think we would have more chivalry at a DE.

Definitely not the same car. The one that ended the day Sunday had red numbers, I saw it on the flatbed. Lots of t-bone potential with those 2nd gear corners.

-Mike

Quick Reply: COTA 2013 Videos and Impressions