The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

That's all I've got to add.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:40 PM
jcs_911
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

No impressions, discussions, debates. Just photos...
My pictures from the COTA Club Race are at:

http://johnsandusky.smugmug.com/PCA/2013-COTA-Club-Race
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by jcs_911

Nice!!! Thanks for sharing.

-Mike
Old 05-21-2013, 05:56 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by russo
This statement has convinced me that you are truly a certifiable jackass. Yes, you would catch me in the straightways and you would pull away from me in the back straight,

I never pulled away from you because I never got in front of you.

GT2 like, which by the way you would ineptly give right back under braking.
I never gave back distance under braking; that is usually where I closed the gap, especially into #1 and #12.

Your ineptness at keeping up in the technical aspects of the course has blinded you to the degree of how much of a jackass you really are. Lest we forget, on T20, while you are trying to catch me, how you spun out trying to carry too much speed into the corner?
I never spun or lost control the entire weekend. The only place I had even a wiggle was in the braking zone to T12 due to a broken LSD.

I guess you won't show that video. What about entertaining us to some of the video in which you would fall behind in the S's and anywhere else that required track knowledge and skill?
I never fell behind in the essess because that is where we would both get held up together behind slower cars.

Why would I let a slow 4.0 by me when you didn't show any capability of knowing how to drive that car faster in the technical areas. I bet my grandmother can drive as fast as you on any road with no turns.
Your quote, "and despite him being in a faster car, I stayed immediately behind him for 4 consecutive laps without getting a point by". Another Jackass point, how do you figure I have the faster car? My 997 is bone stock except for the slicks. How do you explain it? your car is equal, a 3.6 by its factory designation, explain how you can pull such a large lead, GT2 like, on the back straight or catch me with so much ease on the front straight?
See my next note (I wish I had a 4.0, but I do not). Perhaps it is because I had a higher exit speed past the preceding apex, which translated into gap closure at the end of the straight. By the way, it wasn't easy, it took some effort and skill.

I know a 3.8, driven by a competent driver, unlike yourself, that was behind wasn't able to catch me in the straights. I later found out, by one of your buddies? that you have a 4.0 conversion? Tell us about that aspect, and don't tell me you haven't done anything to that engine. I have been doing this for a while and I can tell the difference between a 3.6, 3.8, 4.0 and GT2/RS difference in the straights and your car is not a 3.6.
Really?! I have not done anything to the engine, nor is it a 4.0, or a 3.8. It's a 3.6. My car is bone stock as well. My car is serviced by a prominent Porsche technician at Porsche of Plano, who would never recommend that I modify the engine.
Every point you have made, except where I acknowledge my error, sounds like you are reliving your teenage years. Grow up and get some *****, you sound like you are hanging out with some of your teenage buddies bragging about how fast your silly car is.
You are either thinking about ANOTHER car that may have been ******* you, or you actually do NOT know how to tell the difference between a 3.6, a 3.8 or 4.0. I hope that it's the former, otherwise, it's a bit concerning that your mirrors work well enough to "determine" that I just had to be driving a modified engine, but they don't work well enough for you to see me following you and hoping to get a polite point-by. But given how off-base all of your observations are, you must be thinking about a different car and I imagine that you are oblivious to the fact that you had more than one car trying to get around you over the course of the weekend. By the way, there were at least 3 4.0's on in the DE group ;-)

Interesting personal attacks; they minimize your opinion, they don't help it. Your grandmother is faster than me? Really? Who's the teenager here? FWIW, I never said you were slow or incompetent, much less resort to name-calling to make a point. We are both obviously competent. I simply said you were discourteous and unsafe. Quite a tirade for such a moderate set of criticisms from me. I'm good with my conclusion.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,601 Likes on 834 Posts

Tony, ervtx has a car like yours, but it is a non-RS. 997.1 3.6 liter. You are thinking of another driver, who does have a white 4.0, who spun in 20.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Tony, ervtx has a car like yours, but it is a non-RS. 997.1 3.6 liter. You are thinking of another driver, who does have a white 4.0, who spun in 20.
Uh oh!!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got time to download my Racekeeper and put the best lap online. Most of the rest of the laps few that there were averaged around 2:55.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
coinboy
Racer

Old 05-21-2013, 07:32 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jcs_911

John- thanks for posting these, well done
Old 05-21-2013, 07:52 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I stand corrected, that was the only car that was able to dog me in the straits; however, it doesn't change the fact that mr. Pro here finds it appropriate to criticize anyone knowing the circumstances that we were in. Indeed, my apologies, jack ***, it still doesn't change who you are. In fact, it re-enforces my opinion of you since now I know exactly who you are, no one of consequence on that particular day. The 4.0 was the only car that did indeed challenge in the straits. You, I have no friggin idea what hole you crawled out of. Let me understand this correctly, you catch me in traffic and you expect a point by? No, let me understand this one better, we are in a DE and you try to get past me and I slam the door on you while during the entire time there is no point by? You are so full of it. Am I taking this personally, you friggin bet I am. Did the thought cross your puny little friggin brain that the yellow Honda decelerated so much that I had no other course of action but to go by. I guess that your own video evidence doesn't help you at all, driving at 49 mph behind him. Give me a friggin break, from the little evidence you showed us you were never in a position to pass, unless of course you count slow traffic. By the way, I will be at TWS with PCA next month and if you don't like what I have written you can come and pay me a personal visit, you pompous stupid MF. That is all I have to say on this matter. Go back into that little friggin hole you crawled out of you jerk! We get 14 mins sessions with a myriad of traffic and this friggin genius is c/o that he was entitled to some imaginary pass that wasn't there. By the way, a 3.6 GT3/RS is the same HP, Genius. I really look forward to having you introduce yourself to me at TWS.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Ok, I know both of the two antagonists here and I have one thing to say to both of you that will be helpful to you both.

SHUT THE **** UP THIS IS GOING NOWHERE.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,601 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
I finally got time to download my Racekeeper and put the best lap online. Most of the rest of the laps few that there were averaged around 2:55.
Charles, nice job. 2:35 in an SPB is moving along...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Ok, I know both of the two antagonists here and I have one thing to say to both of you that will be helpful to you both.

SHUT THE **** UP THIS IS GOING NOWHERE.

Had we had 3 days of copious amounts of track stoppage rain, everyone's frustration would have been directed at the almighty and VR who's been praying for the stuff.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Well thanks to this thread, I learned that Rennlist automatically turns the F-Bomb into ****, so I guess it's been good for something. Thanks Tony and Russell.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Doug007
Racer

And this WAS the calm, "I had a good time at COTA" thread

Quick Reply: COTA 2013 Videos and Impressions