PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
+241

There are folks that consistently support the clubs and regions through participation, instruction, etc. and just do not want to race. However, they should not be excluded from driving what appears to be a great new track.

IMO, the groups should be set up no different than any other event.

If any priority should be given it should be to the folks that regurlary support the host region(s)' events - both DE and racers. It would be a shame for folks who are local to the host region(s) and get boxed out because some yahoo from CA is quicker on the registration button. Only after all in the host region(s) have had a reasonable chance to register should it be opened up to others.

Cheers,
The Porsche Parades work just the opposite. If you live far away, it's a lot easier to get in.

I hope there will be a DE at COTA this year so that there does not need to be a DE at the club race.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
If any priority should be given it should be to the folks that regurlary support the host region(s)' events - both DE and racers. It would be a shame for folks who are local to the host region(s) and get boxed out because some yahoo from CA is quicker on the registration button. Only after all in the host region(s) have had a reasonable chance to register should it be opened up to others.

Cheers,
Yeah, that's the way the club should be run, each region that hosts the race can hand pick who gets in and then let the "yahoos" that come from the other 49 states (and other countries) in...

Maybe build a 15' high wall around each track too! Wouldn't want some yahoo to sneak in!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:07 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I starting to think the entire Rennlist community needs to take a timeout.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
Old 01-21-2013, 03:33 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 860 Likes on 428 Posts

Why? Because some have an opinion different than yours? Everyone has been civil in expressing their thoughts.....

Scott
Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
Why? Because some have an opinion different than yours? Everyone has been civil in expressing their thoughts.....

Scott
No, because we announced great news and it turned into an argument. Just like damn near everything on Rennlist these days.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
Everyone has been civil in expressing their thoughts.....

Scott
^^
There is the issue right there....
Old 01-21-2013, 03:42 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, because we announced great news and it turned into an argument. Just like damn near everything on Rennlist these days.
And I find your penguins offensive......

Still great news on the race date though
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 860 Likes on 428 Posts

Argument? It looks like a discussion to me. I think you are being overly sensitive.

The Club Race announcement is great news. Some folks would like to see no DE groups, some would like to to see no more than 1 DE group, while others would be fine with 2 DE groups. Are these different opinions really a surprise? Did you really expect all the racers to share your position on the DE groups? That's unrealistic, don't you think?

Scott
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by f1rocks
And I find your penguins offensive......

Still great news on the race date though
Yeah well I don't like your car graphics... ;-)
Old 01-21-2013, 04:02 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah well I don't like your car graphics... ;-)
Now that's worse than calling my wife fat.....

Now I gotta come to COTA.....
Old 01-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

not only should it be limited to racers, it should be limited to fast racers. can we do a time trial first? And, we shouldn't have any scruts either. Just fast racers....and no corner workers. And we should be able to order a worker's choice award in advance. And no 13's.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sean F
not only should it be limited to racers, it should be limited to fast racers. can we do a time trial first? And, we shouldn't have any scruts either. Just fast racers....and no corner workers. And we should be able to order a worker's choice award in advance. And no 13's.
The 13/13 went into effect when this thread started... and everyone in Texas is fast so there we go back to excluding NE yahoos.. and Mexicans, and Canadians, and Hawaiians.. I'm going to transfer to whatever region is hosting a race a month before so I get in!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are PCA National Club Races. Not regional nor Republic of Texas. Regional track committee members are the only people that deserve reserve spaces.
For financial considerations the DE option should have a trigger. If the RACE doesn't sell out X weeks prior to the event start date the DE opens and further registration is first come first serve be it DEers or Racers.
The idea that a PCA National Club Race should have DE is BS. Want to have a NASA style event? Go drive with NASA. Want to drive at a PCA National Club Race? - Get a racing license. DEs were only recently added to pay for the event when attendance dropped or at small less popular tracks. Now newbies think this is SOP. Not! I never did a DE at a PCA National Club Race during the years I was learning to drive. The thought of racers being wait-listed or turned away because DEers are taking those spots on the track is unconscionable at a RACE event. Especially when you recognize there is only 1 race per year per track and there are dozens of DEs.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Maybe I should rent out my PCA membership, my shop space and my house for that weekend :-)

Then I might have enough $$ to actually get my car back on the track......

Or threaten to sign up with my 924S ChumpCar, I'm just not sure it has enough power
to make it up the hill to turn 1 :-)

Mike

Quick Reply: PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013