Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm in for the DE if the Dan Jacobs gang doesn't plan to do the race. 1300 mile drive for me, but most likely a once in a lifetime chance to drive the track, so I'll take one of those racer spots (in a DE group) if it is available. Good chance to meet some Rennlisters from the far away land on the west coast.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by C4S/GT3
Speaking for LSR, if we didn't have 6 very successful DE's a year there wouldn't be a club race in March at TWS or CoTA in May.
Don't get me wrong, I am a huge supporter of Drivers Ed programs and do about 5-6 of them a year - more than I race - and both my wife and I are PCA instructors.

IMO, until someone starts paying me to race, I still have a ton to learn... and there's no substitution for seat time...

My point is...a race weekend is a RACE weekend and IF it can financially stand on it's own, it should. That's all....

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
My point is...a race weekend is a RACE weekend and IF it can financially stand on it's own, it should. That's all....
The truth is that most club races can't stand on their own financially unless racers are willing to pay more like twice what they currently pay to race. We (racers) are able to race at a reasonable cost to a large extent because of the participation of the DE drivers.

COTA is an anomaly, in that people are frothing at the mouth to drive it... ...right now. So is it right for the DE crowd to more or less underwrite the "normal" regional races, but not get to participate in the premium venues? Not in my opinion. YMMV
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
The truth is that most club races can't stand on their own financially unless racers are willing to pay more like twice what they currently pay to race. We (racers) are able to race at a reasonable cost to a large extent because of the participation of the DE drivers.

COTA is an anomaly, in that people are frothing at the mouth to drive it... ...right now. So is it right for the DE crowd to more or less underwrite the "normal" regional races, but not get to participate in the premium venues? Not in my opinion. YMMV
Well spoken Mike!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C4S/GT3
Speaking for LSR, if we didn't have 6 very successful DE's a year there wouldn't be a club race in March at TWS or CoTA in May.
Bryan H or Steward B, can you comment?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:44 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What im interested in is this seems like it came together after the big cota track renting blow up. Any insight to that? this is the first new event I've heard of since the blowup.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dizzyj
What im interested in is this seems like it came together after the big cota track renting blow up. Any insight to that? this is the first new event I've heard of since the blowup.
PCA was one of the organizations that had a contract and had made a deposit prior to the brouhaha. We've been quiet while our team was working with COTA to sort things out.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 AM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acao
Will there be a DE in conjunction?
Now, I'm sorry I asked.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May 12th is Mother's Day!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 AM
coinboy
Racer

Originally Posted by Astroman
May 12th is Mother's Day!!!

My mom & wife will just have to come to COTA on the 12th! LOL

This club race will sell out in less than 1 hour. Be fast with the buttons.
I am all for letting the the DE guys have a run group AFTER the racers have spots. It would be a crime to run 3 race groups and 2 DE groups and have 100+ racers on the waiting list...
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Horus2000
+1
We should still be in celebration mode that we are getting on this track at all.
And a big thanks to Mr. Globe and all of the rest of you that played a part in securing us this awesome opportunity.
Agreed, we've gotten a bit off topic. (yes, I am guilty of it too)

So...CONGRATULATIONS to all involved that got this done. When so many groups are being shut out of COTA, it really shows the level of respect and confidence they have in PCA, and that only comes from the PCA VOLUNTEERS that make this all work.

Great Job Everyone!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

It's going to be a long drive...
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by morsini
It's going to be a long drive...
It's going to be worth it!. Haul down in March for the TWS race, leave your rig there. Fly home. Fly back to Texas, go to COTA, and then head back home with your rig.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

+241

There are folks that consistently support the clubs and regions through participation, instruction, etc. and just do not want to race. However, they should not be excluded from driving what appears to be a great new track.

IMO, the groups should be set up no different than any other event.

If any priority should be given it should be to the folks that regurlary support the host region(s)' events - both DE and racers. It would be a shame for folks who are local to the host region(s) and get boxed out because some yahoo from CA is quicker on the registration button. Only after all in the host region(s) have had a reasonable chance to register should it be opened up to others.

Cheers,
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Krokodil
+241

There are folks that consistently support the clubs and regions through participation, instruction, etc. and just do not want to race. However, they should not be excluded from driving what appears to be a great new track.

IMO, the groups should be set up no different than any other event.

If any priority should be given it should be to the folks that regurlary support the host region(s)' events - both DE and racers. It would be a shame for folks who are local to the host region(s) and get boxed out because some yahoo from CA is quicker on the registration button. Only after all in the host region(s) have had a reasonable chance to register should it be opened up to others.

Cheers,
And we're off...

Quick Reply: PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013