Sponsored by:

SP996 goes to impound

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
Wow. These cars sound great. Except, according to Rennpoints, there are only 6 PCA sp996 cars in the entire country. Is this true?
Maybe.... Like the Spec Boxster's the 996 Spec started with POC in So Cal. Of the original 4 cars one is in Texas (Vali's), mine has been stripped and running ST2/GTS4 with NASA, and two are sitting in their garages. One of those is coming out of mothballs soon and will race next year with POC.....
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

John is absolutely right that SP996 started on the west coast with POC, just as SPBOX did. I was part of that initial rules formulation, as were some of the folks involved in the initial SPBOX rules. I built my car, and started racing it as a GTB car in PCA. When PCA adopted the SP996 rules, a group of folks here in Texas jumped on board, and we've gone from one car to soon-to-be ten cars in fairly short order. I can't quote numbers, but from watching SPB grow here in Texas, and now seeing SP996 start to mushroom, I'd say we are growing at close to the same pace.

Just like with SPBOX, it's going to take time, and a few pioneers around the country to get things going. Based on what I've seen, if you build one, someone else will see it, love it, and build one too.

Quick Reply: SP996 goes to impound