Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Always.

Anyway, I think the Texans will do better this year, but the Rangers won't make the World Series w/o CJ...
Yeah, this could be a very good year for the Texans if they can stay healthy.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:30 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
by the way, you can go ahead and use the stock old HANS as most folks have, and have your belts slip off in a bad crash, ill use the little metal wire clip, who's only job is to orient the belts over the "wingless" hans. guess what, manufacture said thats ok. hmmm, but you know YOU guys know more than they do.
Did you get that in writing from the shipping clerk at HANS ?
I didn't think so .......

You go Mark, you keep amazing me beyond my expectations. Some day I truly must meet you Mark, just to see that someone like yourself really does exist.

Have a great evening.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Did you get that in writing from the shipping clerk at HANS ?
I didn't think so .......

You go Mark, you keep amazing me beyond my expectations. Some day I truly must meet you Mark, just to see that someone like yourself really does exist.

Have a great evening.
Look, you and the truck slider, are truely pieces of work. We are here for disucssion about racing, and you turn any contray opinion into a licensse to bash and put down. You know what this is a sign of?? you got it . its a "Small " complex. either both you and the truck slider are very small in equip. or in mental capability. its one or the other. It could even be both. You dont see anyone else here doing it but you two.

Look, watch the next time you want to poke fun at something as simple and physicaly as non an issue as the light spring ring i put on the belts, and see if your inistincts telll you talk about how it could be a problem, or rip in to someone to make yourself feel better. its all it is. watch. im sure you will do it tiime and time again , becauase you cant help yourself.

Think about this for a second . really. Because, in person, i have a feeling you would not be such a tough guy, either would your buddy Biff!
I say this, becuase they never are.

(by the way, it was the VP of marketing at HANs who went out of his way to contact me)

You think you can measure up?? its very doubtful at any level.

Go on, have fun here in your cyber world domination. all I can think of when you and truck slider post, is dr Evil. Knock yourself out Viking.
see you sometime at the track, probalby in the sand trap , like your buddy!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:25 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
It's all about you Mark...

Mike,

Viking really is making this about him. His thread, his inability to make himself happy unless he does the things he does.

Think before you write
Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Mike,

Viking really is making this about him. His thread, his inability to make himself happy unless he does the things he does.

Think before you write

Would you just STFU for once
Old 04-06-2012, 11:01 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sean F
Post of the year right there.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:09 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noooooo, this place got dull for a while, I like it now normal 'Monty python' service is resumed!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:45 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Look, you wanna-b's, keep on jawing. mocking what you dont understand, and keep on hanging around here just pumping up your chest. mouthing off just to make yourself feel better

My purpose here is clear. Have fun, learn what i can from others that know, and help those I can.
Its worked for me for over 15 years of racing, ( I also like dispelling the wives tails here too. that is fun)

Ive built quite a few race cars, some from ground up, all running and racing today, had some great experiences at the track, racing, coaching, and just plaing having a good time. If you are not mature enought to listen to anothers point of view and feel the need to post, as just the last two posters did, knock yourself out! really, i could care less.

Im constantly facinated in why someone would want to post messages like what we are seeing here. I guess there is such a void in the personality, that they feel a need to boost themselves up, by putting someone else down. Unfortulately, its a sestemic problem with society today.
For me, i if someone was in a heated discussion, i would either add a fact or an opinion, or butt out. I wouldnt think of just posting to attack someone. again, post as you will, but when you post, think about if you would say the things like you do, to someones face. my bet is that you wouldnt.

So have at it! again, knock yourself out. If you do make a attacking post, think about it. Are you posting to make yourself feel better? odds are , you are.

With that, see ya at the track. Because, thats were Im going. Im going racing!

you guys have fun pumping up your egos

Pretty funny, i didnt start this thread. Go after your fearless internet god.
Brave men they are!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:32 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why, bless your precious little heart. That's about the best I can say. Are you, by chance, a really, really talented musician, or maybe really, really good with cards?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:42 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mark,
Are you intentionally trying to get banned?
Might I suggest just letting go and stepping back for a brief while?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 243 Posts

by the way, it was the VP of marketing at HANs who went out of his way to contact me
So help me understand, the MARKETING guy for Hans told you that this modification would keep the belt on the Hans device, and you took this as a sign off on the install of your safety equipment being safe?

You've changed the geometry of the belt install. Have you ever seen a belt manufacturer, FIA, SFI, etc. ever recommend the changes you've made and back up their findings with testing? You've created a new install method for a racing harness that has never been tested, but you are letting the marketing guy for a different product sign off on it? Is this the same wisdom that has you continuing to use a crashed race seat that in your own words contributed to your broken ribs?

You wouldn't even get through tech inspection in an amateur race if the guy checking was on top of his game. If you want to get another '15 years of racing' please do yourself a favor and sit on the sideline until you can afford proper safety equipment.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:36 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Look, you wanna-b's, keep on jawing. mocking what you dont understand, and keep on hanging around here just pumping up your chest. mouthing off just to make yourself feel better

My purpose here is clear. Have fun, learn what i can from others that know, and help those I can.
Its worked for me for over 15 years of racing, ( I also like dispelling the wives tails here too. that is fun)
This is a disingenuous post.

The original post started off well intentioned enough - you posted photos, questions, etc. A lot of people answered. The overwhelming feedback was that there was an issue with your setup, the details of which are not necessary to revisit. Your overwhelming feedback was to nitpick and discredit each and every poster who answered you. If you weren't convinced, you could have just ignored everyone, but it seems like you created the original threads with the intention of discrediting the HANS device, or something. Can't speak for what you were thinking, so I may be wrong.

Since the discussion was about safety, things got heated up - which I am quite happy about, shows that people here are really well intentioned and were genuinely interested in everyone on this forum - in some cases people they have never met, and may never meet - enjoying this sport in a way that maximizes life expectancy.

Then it got personal, unfortunately. So threads started getting locked. Blame can be shared for this, but in my opinion you were advocating an approach, which, if others followed, would set a pretty poor standard for RL, motorsports, and common sense.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:44 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by bmardini
This is a disingenuous post.

The original post started off well intentioned enough - you posted photos, questions, etc. A lot of people answered. The overwhelming feedback was that there was an issue with your setup, the details of which are not necessary to revisit. Your overwhelming feedback was to nitpick and discredit each and every poster who answered you. If you weren't convinced, you could have just ignored everyone, but it seems like you created the original threads with the intention of discrediting the HANS device, or something. Can't speak for what you were thinking, so I may be wrong.

Since the discussion was about safety, things got heated up - which I am quite happy about, shows that people here are really well intentioned and were genuinely interested in everyone on this forum - in some cases people they have never met, and may never meet - enjoying this sport in a way that maximizes life expectancy.

Then it got personal, unfortunately. So threads started getting locked. Blame can be shared for this, but in my opinion you were advocating an approach, which, if others followed, would set a pretty poor standard for RL, motorsports, and common sense.
Now that is the best post I've read in the Racing forum for some time. Very level headed.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:53 AM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Mark,
Are you intentionally trying to get banned?
Might I suggest just letting go and stepping back for a brief while?
I chose going to USER CP, edit Ignore list, add mark kilbort

my version of banned for life.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmardini
... but in my opinion you were advocating an approach, which, if others followed, would set a pretty poor standard for RL, motorsports, and common sense.
In my opinion this is exactly what gets folks dander up. People who don't know better, are likely to come to this forum, see a guy with a ton of posts advocating something that most everyone else feels is unsafe, and chose to believe what Mark is advocating.

Quick Reply: Who needs a HANS or race seat anyway !