4.23%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Malaysia Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked an honest question. Why did Perez stay out an extra lap? It clearly was not a good tactic by him and his race engineers. If the answer was "we thought it would rain", then that is a viable answer. But when you are dicing for the possible win and the guy who you have been catching is now directly in front of you pits, usually ... not always ... the right thing to do is to follow him into the pits. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

As far as the other crap you have said, get a grip. We are only commenting on a race. You are taking this far too personal. Or do you seek to censor those who do not think like you?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:42 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Alonso did drive good today, but I dont think the race would have turned out this way had it been dry. But that is why they run the race . Shaping up for another good season.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Love him or hate him, Alonso is one of those drivers who, if given half a chance, will grab a win with a sub-par car... That was a great race! I think Alonso is the best overall right now, as he has a good amount of experience and is in the peak years. Guys like Vettel and Hamilton will likely reach that level, but they still need the experience to fully round them out.

Perez's accomplishment was fantastic too. Many have suggested him as a potential replacement for Massa at Ferrari, and it certainly sounds like a realistic possibility.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
...Are you serious. That was the best you could come up with? It was a call from the Engine supplier... Keep making excuses. Sergio was ahead of him in the race and Alsonso passed him. The position was Sergio's to lose and he did and even though he had the faster car, and the one pressuing, he is the one that made the mistake.
Ferrari and Alonso ran a perfect race, Period!
Come on man, chill out.
He clearly said it in jest and that (whether Perez was purposely left behind Alonso) was one of the questions Peter Sauber was asked after the race since they came in lap after Alonso and also ordered to be careful in the end.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:50 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I think the Perez stop made sense. He was gaining on Alonso every lap around , and as has been noted before, Perez runs a long time on his tires in a lot of the races. Alonsos tires had to be gone - so maybe he stays out too long and cuts a tire and vaults Perez in to the lead. Then he pits and wins the race.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Crazy Malaysia again...

Pretty dicey as usual with those conditions, even though Hamilton got 3rd, McLaren reall threw this away where as Ferrari and Alonso did the opposite. Of course luck plays part (in both ways) but well done. With such poor qualy performance from Alonso, methinks they had a bit of a intermediate setup.

Great job also from Perez & Sauber, made it interesting, really well done.
I agree

Hail to the Greatest Driver in current F1!!!!!
He proves once again, how great he is. Perfect race for Alonso and Ferrari. And just in case people want to throw luck in there, there was no luck. It's not like any of the guys he passed was due to their mistake, besides Button
What race did you watch? Alonso had a good drive (no mistakes) and his team had lightning fast pit stops. However, to somehow ignore the factors that weather and disasterous pit stops by McLaren as well as Buttons unforced error played into his victory is to suspend reality.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:13 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he had alonso had he not cooked a corner he was only 1 sec behind at that point with nearly 10 laps left and he was gaining on him .3 secs a lap. and he still nearly caught him before the end of the race. i was wondering about that pit also but it looked like it was the right decision.

THIS SEASON IS TURNING OUT GREAT. VETTEL IN 11TH LOLZ
Old 03-25-2012, 07:29 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Raj has clearly drunk the Sangria. Remember it is only round 2. I know you want to give Senior Soul Patch the Championship but just for laughs let's do the whole season.

Alonso took advantage of others mistakes and had some luck. As they say it is better to be lucky than good. Perez showed 2 things, he has heart and needs some more seasoning. Perez will be a to be reckoned with. Also Perez's beating up the lap times shows what a pig the Ferrari 2012 is Compared to the others.

Hamilton was consistent, Button had a mental error and I do not want to be on the McLaren pit crew. China should be fun.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder what would the outcome have been if shue and button didnt have the problems they did. May have been a different race. I wish shue would just stand on the podium once more before he calls it a day. This season is going to be quite interesting if vettel stays around 7th position. Was not a normal race this time around. I wouldnt expect to see this kinda thing too often/ All of this is just another opinion and I dont claim to know more than anyone. Im just here for fun. Alonso said he doesnt see this changing anything in the race recap speach and Id have to agree, if farreri plans to be on the top spot i think they have much much more work to do. Id love to see what happends if MAssa keeps being a no show. 3 weeks to wait till the next round is going to seem like forever for me Im so currious how things will pan out under normal race conditions. I feel this is more fun this year already than previous years
Old 03-25-2012, 07:59 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hail to the Greatest Driver in current F1!!!!!
He proves once again, how great he is. Perfect race for Alonso and Ferrari. And just in case people want to throw luck in there, there was no luck. It's not like any of the guys he passed was due to their mistake, besides Button. He passed them all either during pits or on the track. The equalizer proved who is the best!!

Sorry guys....
I agree except that Fernando was lucky that Perez had a brain fart and missed a turn; otherwise, he would have given Fernando fits the last couple of laps. Fernando did an amazing job and he is still my number one favorite driver I feel bad for Massa, but as the season progresses, it appears that he may join Barrichello in the Indy series. Great race and am I glad that I added an extra hour on the DVR or I would not have seen the end. I did miss the post race interviews but watched them in the afternoon. Again, Congratulations to Fernando Alonso and Ferrari. This may be the most amazing season since Prost and Senna fought for the WDC.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:59 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Alonso may be a great driver, no doubt, but a near rookie caught up to him, and would have passed him had he not gone out himself. It'd be interesting to see what Perez would do in a top-tier car.

Vettel not looking too sharp these days, is he?
Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The thing I find ironic is the 5th winningest F1 driver gushed and pranced like Miss Transsexual Universe.

Geez act like you expected to be on the top step of the Podium.

There is no doubt he is talented. But his actions, whining, and involvement in drama is a respect killer.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
The thing I find ironic is the 5th winningest F1 driver gushed and pranced like Miss Transsexual Universe.

Geez act like you expected to be on the top step of the Podium.

There is no doubt he is talented. But his actions, whining, and involvement in drama is a respect killer.
I just don't get all these comments about Alonso,Schumacher,etc, etc.

How would you feel if you just won a big race with a car that was not a good as most of the other cars in the race.

I only wish I was as good as any for the current F1 drivers.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
he had alonso had he not cooked a corner he was only 1 sec behind at that point with nearly 10 laps left and he was gaining on him .3 secs a lap. and he still nearly caught him before the end of the race. i was wondering about that pit also but it looked like it was the right decision.

THIS SEASON IS TURNING OUT GREAT. VETTEL IN 11TH LOLZ
It's one thing to catch him, it's another thing entirely to pass him.

I agree the season has been pretty good so far.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FGL28
Hamilton was consistent, Button had a mental error and I do not want to be on the McLaren pit crew. China should be fun.
I agree Hamilton was consistent and he actually showed some seasoning in the interview room. He knew the team had botched his stops and he didn't whine about is. He congratulated the other two drivers and held his tongue.

He maybe learning....

Quick Reply: 2012 Malaysia Grand Prix