Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
Mike,
I am referring to Drago and the cars from Auto Technick that were front runners at Nationals. I know for a fact that most of the cars that Jeff is building at Auto Technick are now starting at $35K.
They may cost that much, but you don't need to spend that much. Steven Farrell and Taylor Ferranti were right up there, and their cars are nowhere near that expensive. Gale Corley made a charge from P37 (didn't qualify due to engine problems) to finish P18 in a car that he got to run just shortly before the final race.

Here's the results:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2462822

And in terms of competition, check out the quali times from earlier in the weekend. 17 guys within 1 second of the pole.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2462819

Yes, you can spend $35k on a SM, but you don't need to in order to win on the "big stage".
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
They may cost that much, but you don't need to spend that much. Steven Farrell and Taylor Ferranti were right up there, and their cars are nowhere near that expensive. Gale Corley made a charge from P37 (didn't qualify due to engine problems) to finish P18 in a car that he got to run just shortly before the final race.

Here's the results:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2462822

And in terms of competition, check out the quali times from earlier in the weekend. 17 guys within 1 second of the pole.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2462819

Yes, you can spend $35k on a SM, but you don't need to in order to win on the "big stage".

Spot on. Just like the Spec911 guys out on the west coast. There are $100K+ cars that are competitive, and there are $30K cars. The later doesn't have the fresh paint, fancy MOTEC, etc.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:34 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
The end started at the very beginning when NASA hooked up their wagon to the wrong guy with regards to rules and regulation. Meanwhile PCA listened to their members and invested in the series. The outcome could not have been more predictable.
deleted....

Last edited by jrgordonsenior; 02-16-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

No dog in this fight but what can't NASA simply adopt the SPB PCA rules set and be done with it? One set of rules, race in both series... period. I wanted to run in GTS-2 but it has become obvious that my car (and I) wouldn't stand a chance of winning without a lot of changes i'm not willing to make, so I don't run with them. SPB should be SPB regardless of where you run.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:33 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
No dog in this fight but what can't NASA simply adopt the SPB PCA rules set and be done with it? One set of rules, race in both series... period. I wanted to run in GTS-2 but it has become obvious that my car (and I) wouldn't stand a chance of winning without a lot of changes i'm not willing to make, so I don't run with them. SPB should be SPB regardless of where you run.
They did, and SPB's are racing with NASA. This is just a zombie thread.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Ahhh.. I see.

Quick Reply: NASA SPEC BOXSTER D.O.A.!!!