Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Brazilian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011 | 11:06 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
How happy would it make some of us if FA's stint at Ferrari ended without him winning a WDC?
As a Ferrari fan, I would not.... I'm torn.... Can't wait until FA is out of there, but his contract is through 2016 In related news, Luca said that 2012 will be Massa's year to prove himself is he still wants to drive for them. Frankly, I'm surprised that he gets one more year, but when you can "Ole" as well as the best of them and get you're teammate further up the grid whether it's giving him a point by or giving him your front wing, it begins to make sense.
Old 11-25-2011 | 11:19 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

How happy would it make some of us if FA's stint at Ferrari ended without him winning a WDC?
It would simply be viewed as the team failing to provide Alonso a team and car good enough to win, a car clearly superior to every other car on the grid, a car designed in conjunction with the FIA to take advantages of rules known only to Ferrari ...

It would be fitting, but I don't see this being allowed to continue. Ferrari MUST win and win often for the sport of Formula 1 to survive, otherwise Luca will once again threaten to take his team and start his own sport.

Bernie now currently gives Ferrari 50 million right off the top, before any constructor's money is calculated. Seems fair, after all, what is Formula 1 without Ferrari?

If it does come to pass that DV comes and goes from Ferrari as nothing but a footnote, DV need only look into a mirror to see the reason why ... karma is truly a bitch.
Old 11-26-2011 | 10:05 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Quali should be very interesting......the usual suspects in the top 8 from practice with FI making up 9 and 10.

Weather forecast is for storms which, as we know, makes InterLagos a challenge and a half
Old 11-26-2011 | 10:45 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
As a Ferrari fan, I would not.... I'm torn.... Can't wait until FA is out of there, but his contract is through 2016 In related news, Luca said that 2012 will be Massa's year to prove himself is he still wants to drive for them. Frankly, I'm surprised that he gets one more year, but when you can "Ole" as well as the best of them and get you're teammate further up the grid whether it's giving him a point by or giving him your front wing, it begins to make sense.
They have to keep Massa because he is willing to get down on his knees, face to face with the great DV, and sacrifice his own career to make 'The One' look better than he his.
What would happen if Ferrari brought in a hot shoe young driver who was consistantly faster than Fernando? They would have to resort to running him on hards instead of softs and softs instead of hards.

Originally Posted by ltc
It would simply be viewed as the team failing to provide Alonso a team and car good enough to win, a car clearly superior to every other car on the grid, a car designed in conjunction with the FIA to take advantages of rules known only to Ferrari ...

It would be fitting, but I don't see this being allowed to continue. Ferrari MUST win and win often for the sport of Formula 1 to survive, otherwise Luca will once again threaten to take his team and start his own sport.

Bernie now currently gives Ferrari 50 million right off the top, before any constructor's money is calculated. Seems fair, after all, what is Formula 1 without Ferrari?

If it does come to pass that DV comes and goes from Ferrari as nothing but a footnote, DV need only look into a mirror to see the reason why ... karma is truly a bitch.
If I recall correctly, Ferrari was gifted one race win this year, but they did not win any. What if Massa had taken that win? Oh the humanity!
Old 11-26-2011 | 11:33 AM
tdf360
Pro

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
Practice 1 ended with Webbo just pipping JB for 1st.

FA blew up his engine.

Both Force India in the top 10 w/Renault and Sauber way behind.

Practice 2 in one hour
Actually it was Vettel that edged Button.
Old 11-26-2011 | 12:46 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tdf360
Actually it was Vettel that edged Button.
must be a different race up here
Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2011 | 01:20 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Vettel secures his 15th pole position of the season and a place alone in the history books.
(yes he got his 15 poles in 19 races to Mansell's 14 poles in 16 races from 1992).
Old 11-26-2011 | 01:47 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

quali 3 Seb posts a 12.2 for prov. pole then back out for a 11.9 to secure.......WOW!!!

Senna gets into qual 3 w/Sutil so Paul DR and Petrov fight to catch. Good battle here for constructors and next years seats.
Old 11-26-2011 | 02:18 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

You just knew Vettel wasn't going to let #15 get away.

Another solid showing by Rosberg.
Old 11-26-2011 | 02:33 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Wow! Vettel put a stamp on qualifying today.

Big surprise was Webber. Where did he get his speed? We know the car is fast, but Mark has struggled all year. A lot of things have to happen for him to secure number 2 in the WDC.

Should Vettel let him by if it means he would take 2nd? What is the prize for 2nd, anything?
Old 11-26-2011 | 06:14 PM
lopro
Banned

Vettel on pole again//Crushed it

oh im sure its big money for second. I think redbulls team mission should be to get webber on top if you ask me.

I bet the final race of the year goes to either webber or alonso. I just have a hunch, Maybe im way off but I just get a feeling
Old 11-26-2011 | 08:21 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Should Vettel let him by if it means he would take 2nd? What is the prize for 2nd, anything?
Cant hurt the resume but its slim as Webbo would have to win and Jenson score 2 or less.....tshirt still reads the same, 2nd

After quali today it might be very close as Mark posted a great time.

I do hope if this Ruebens swang song he gets the appropriate send off......only right.
Old 11-26-2011 | 10:49 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
After quali today it might be very close as Mark posted a great time.
Marks problem is that he has to make a standing start.....

What is MB/Ross Brawn doing with Schumacher??? I've thought about this a lot and cannot find a reasonable explanation on why they would send him out in Q3 with hard tires and then call him in to not post a time. This isn't the first time they've done this in 2011 either!!!

Why waste the time to do so and at risk possible damage to the car if you don't intend to put in a time?????
Old 11-27-2011 | 03:38 AM
gvtesse
Racer

Mark started fairly well the last race. Let's see if he can do it again.
Old 11-27-2011 | 04:15 AM
SpeedGT3
Racer

This race will be a rain/wet race.
I am hoping the winner is anyone except Vettel.

Will Schumacher put on a show if its wet?

Maybe they put a wet set up on his car when he didnt score a time in Q3?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lets hope it rains............the great equalizer.

Quick Reply: 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix