Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
Well that settles it then!

Lewis and Ray have been right all along Ferrari and Alonso are cheaters and would never win anything with out the help of the FIA.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.
I was wrong
You were right

Here is the proof, right from the .... hmmn, how do I put this...I know the Admin is watching....:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...1/7/12305.html

Fernando Alonso is confident that his win at Silverstone last weekend had more to do with downforce-boosting improvements made to his Ferrari, than changes to the off-throttle blown diffuser regulations. Alonso took a dominant victory in Britain, leading the Red Bull of championship leader Sebastian Vettel across the line with a 16.5-second advantage.

Off-track activity at Silverstone had been dominated by a row over the introduction of new diffuser rules, which some teams believed hurt their chances, whilst simultaneously boosting those of rivals. Although it was agreed to retain the new regulations for the race, a consensus was sought - and is believed to have been reached - to drop the restrictions for the rest of the season.

“I haven’t spent too much time thinking about the technical reasons behind the win in the British Grand Prix,” explained Alonso in his blog on Ferrari’s official site. “There were definitely some major improvements on the car, which mean it feels much easier to drive now and you can feel it much more stuck to the ground than before, especially in the fast corners.”

As well as claiming his first win of 2011, Alonso posted his first fastest lap of the season, outpacing the third-fastest Red Bull of Vettel by over six-tenths of a second. And despite the rules almost certainly set to revert to their pre-Silverstone form, the Spaniard doesn’t seem concerned that we will also see a reversal in Ferrari’s fortunes.

“(The car) has got more aerodynamic downforce, which was the area where we trailed our main rivals the most. I don’t think the changes to the engine mapping were a factor: we were quicker specifically at the part of the track where you practically don’t have to brake, which means it is the actual car that is going well.”

Indeed a far greater concern for the 30 year-old is that he is trailing Vettel in the standings by almost 100 points - he has 112 to Vettel’s cache of 204.

“This win won’t change our approach to the coming races. We have to be realistic, because we are 92 points behind in the classification and that is a very big gap! We will tackle the races one at a time, trying to win as many as possible. This will also involve taking a few more risks and maybe it will happen that we pay a high price for that, but there is no alternative. We are definitely not giving up, but we must not think about the championship.”

But for now at least, Alonso is happy to bask in the afterglow of his British win.

“I’m revelling in it all the more now I’m back home in Oviedo,” he concluded. “When a Grand Prix is over, there is a rush of emotion, but then there are so many things to do, what with press conferences and the debrief, so you have to stay very focussed. But the following morning, you wake up happy and there’s a truly special feeling that goes with it.”

Alonso will be back in action at the Nurburgring from July 22-24 for the calendar’s German round.

Strange, he didn't mention the term "pit stop" ....
Old 07-14-2011, 05:48 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
This is a very good video. Eddie Irvine tells it like it is with no sugar coating (even though I am sure the two Eddies would dearly love to kill each other if they were left alone in a room ... haha). Team orders as much as we the fans hate them are a reality of the F1 world. Now that Team Orders are allowed in 2011, at least we the fans don't need to be scratching our heads with the perceived #2 driver is passed by the #1 without a fight.

Fast forward to the 0:16 mark in this video ...

Fast forward to the 1:32 mark in this video
Old 07-14-2011, 06:07 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

/bokuwahmz#p/u/25/SEqHpzIifgY
Old 07-14-2011, 07:08 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Thanks for confirming all that has been said here for the last 5 yrs, the best evidence of WWF racing is with Stooley ....

Now back to Wiki Prento .........
Old 07-14-2011, 08:12 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,332 Likes on 1,971 Posts

"Fernando is faster than you. Please confirm you understand this message."
Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
"Fernando is faster than you. Please confirm you understand this message."
"Why am I starting a street race in Singapore with such a light fuel load and 15th on the grid? I mean, what are the chances of a safety car occurring exactly at the right time?"

"Those thousands of text messages to Pedro de LaRosa? I was just asking him "so what's new, how are things with testing"?

"I was just sitting in the pit box, waiting for my crew to release me onto pit lane. I had no idea Lewis was waiting right behind me for 10 seconds"

Yes, impeccable character.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I would say it was a good message, the world knows Fernando is not faster than Massa ...

Old 07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Is Kubica returning to F1 (Lotus-Renault)???

Robert Kubica is continuing to make a strong recovery from his horrific rally accident earlier this year and expects to be on the pace when he finally returns to Formula One.

There is still no concrete date for Kubica's return, but his rehabilitation is progressing nicely and he intends to be back in an F1 car by next year at the latest. In a Q&A with fans on the Renault website, he revealed that he was recovering well.

"Mentally, no problem at all," he said when asked how he is feeling. "Physically, I am still a bit weak but my general condition is quite good. My weight has now returned to its normal level and for a few weeks I've been able to walk without help. All in all I feel pretty well."

He added: "I am satisfied with how things are proceeding. The improvement is in line with the expectations, and luckily there are no complications that could affect the recovery time. It is still too early to have a clear picture for the timing of my return but the important thing is the final outcome not the hurry."

Asked if he would return stronger, Kubica said: "Let's hope so! But in reality I don't see why, because I think I will be back exactly the way I was."

As for whether the accident affected his racing psyche, he added: "I don't have any memory of the accident, and I am just aware of the consequences it had. So, to me, it's as if it never happened."

Renault boss Eric Boullier recently said Kubica's race seat is open to him whenever he is ready, be it this year or next year, and Kubica is looking forward to his return to the team.

"I'm a Lotus Renault GP driver," he said. "Of course, I'm missing not being able to drive this season but I feel that my job in Enstone isn't finished yet."
Old 07-17-2011, 06:50 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Kubica's story should be really interesting to follow. I've always considered him to be one of the best in F1 who simply hasn't had a Newey, Brawn, or Mac/Ferrari team behind him. His recovery and progress in the cockpit may shed more light on Michael and Felipe's troubles. Perhaps, if his recovery goes well and he gets back up to normal Robert Kubica speed, that might serve as evidence that the other two guys may have been driving very well at some point in their career and fallen off the bandwagon or were flattered by the machines they drove at those points.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Historically ... not good.......................
Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Historically ... not good.......................
With the exceptions of Nicki Lauda and Mika Hakkinen, you are probably right. Maybe Kubica will make it 3 though.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

If anyone can, I bet it`s RK. Remember his crash in Québec a couple of years ago? I never though he would come back so quickly, missed one race (Indianapolis?), and was quickly up to speed when he got back in the car.
I hope he makes it back, I have enjoyed watching him clime toward the top. He hasn`t got the primo ride, but I bet he would win a title in a RB, ML, Ferrari and maybe at Peugeot.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:58 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Vettel wants to win German GP

Sebastian Vettel says he would love nothing more than to take to the top step of the podium at the Nurburgring, the German's home race.

Vettel has had an incredible season to date as he sets about defending his Drivers' Championship title.

The Red Bull driver has dropped just 21 points out of a total of 225 as he has claimed the victory in six grands prix and finished the other three in the runner-up position.

Added to that, he has started all nine grands prix from the front row of the grid, seven of which were from pole position.

However, the one thing that would make his season so much sweeter is victory in his home race, the German GP.

"One of the objectives a Formula One driver sets himself, is to win his 'home race'," he said.

"Of course, you always give 100 percent, but at a home race you're always more motivated, simply because you feel at home."

Vettel is relishing F1's return to the Nurburgring, having last raced at the track in 2009.

"This year we're back at the Nürburgring, which is one of the better and more modern tracks; I particularly like the stretch from the Ford corner to the 180° long right corner in the valley.

"The Warsteiner corner is tricky, as is the sharp left before that. The best place to overtake is before the NGK chicane - which is a challenging left-right bend.

"It's possible to overtake on the brakes there, because you come out of the previous corner and have to brake down to 100kph.

"Hitting the brakes later means you can take the bend first, it sounds easy but it's not because you have to keep away from the kerbs or the car lifts off and you get overtaken again.

"The Eifel hills are special because the weather can change there as quick as lightning."
Old 07-19-2011, 12:07 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hey who won in germany last year ? .............hmmmmmm
Old 07-19-2011, 03:08 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Hey who won in germany last year ?