2011 Chinese Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 02:26 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
WTF, We got multiple Wayne's now?

Come one guys, them favoring Vettel means when there's only one set of new parts, he gets them. Might also get the nod for who gets the preferred pit strategy.

But team screwing up one of their driver on purpose? I guess you mean in Q1 he wanted softs but team forced hum to use hards because they didn't want him to advance in Q2?!

You tell me then.....

I'm just going by what I see.

Last season, Vettel DID get the updates before Webber did....Infact, they even pulled parts off of Webber's car, to give to Vettel (front wing). Webber pretty much has the championship in the bag, until the last 3 races.

This season, Webbers driving has been extraordinary. Its the car that has been off.....but RBs other car has won all of the poles, and races? Every other team on the grid stays within 1 or 2 positions of eachother (most of the time) through qualifying, and the race. The 2nd Red Bull is always farther down the grid, than the 1st one.....and we all know Webber is every bit as good of driver as Vettel.

I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but the wrong things have been happening to Webber WAY to often. I don't think they want any close calls with the championship this year.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wilhelm
Vettel P2
Weber P3

how can he be schooled when Weber never passed him?

Massa P5
Alonso P6

Based upon your logic, Massa is a much better driver than Alonso since he finished better when clearly he is a #2 driver with a slower car!

Do you actually believe what you type?
Get some glasses Kid....

In your previous response you disputed facts with smoke .. Now this .

Training wheels Vettel is nothing special, if this is not obvious to you... then ...

Obvious you are not aware Bernie can make anyone look good, unfortunately he cannot hide the cracks and Vettel situation is no different from faux 7 and is their new German wonder, but you do swing well, i will let Vettel know,

Now sit back, relax and watch Petal rave over faux 7's stealthy drive into oblivion.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:37 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by m73m95
Webber pretty much has the championship in the bag, until the last 3 races.
Are you aware that Webber hurt himself in a mountain biking crash late in the 2010 season and only disclosed his injuries to his team once the 2010 season ended? Before you go blaming Red Bull for favoritism you need to remember driving hurt in an F1 car must have caused Webber a lot of pain and likely attributed to him not doing as well as his younger healthier teammate. The fact that Webber did as well as he did driving injured shows what a strong character that Mark is. But before we head down the conspiracy path of how Red Bull purposely is sabotaging Webber, we must remember exactly why Webber did not win last year.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Easy " M" the plebs hate it when one interferes with the plot..........
Old 04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know that's why Webber failed to perform last year...for the last 3 races. Point is, he had the championship won. Not saying Red Bull got in the way....but they didn't have to either.

Maybe they sabotaged his Mtn Bike?....... (totally kidding... lighten up)

Just saying, I don't think Red Bull wants a close call this year. If it was 1 or 2 races that something odd happens to the car, fine....but its happened every single race so far, and to only 1 car. Vettel has smoking fast pit stops... They always seem to drop a tire on Webbers stops...

Just sayin. We all know what Webber can do... so why isn't the car/team performing as they should around him?

Even Webber's comments seem to show something is off....
Old 04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Are you aware that Webber hurt himself in a mountain biking crash late in the 2010 season
Errr this happened in the beginning of the 2010 season .....

Before you go blaming Red Bull for favoritism
Facts are facts and RB did give Vettel favoritism all year in 2010, even after yanking the flex wing off webbers car and giving it to vettel..

The fact that Webber did as well as he did driving injured shows what a strong character that Mark is. But before we head down the conspiracy path of how Red Bull purposely is sabotaging Webber, we must remember exactly why Webber did not win last year.
Yes and how did Webber not win last year ... please enlighten me , seeing webber himself disclosed team orders forcing him to give way ...

Wake up laddy ..............
Old 04-18-2011, 04:03 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 392 Likes on 227 Posts

Webber fractured his shoulder a week before the Japanese grand prix- hardly the beginning of the season.

Besides, Webber didn't win in the end last year for virtually the same reason Alonso didn't. Vettel was driving with a fractured shoulder; Alonso had a fractured ego. In the end Vettel owned them both.

I'll admit it is always nice when the unfavored driver comes out ahead of the anointed one. I hope Massa does it all year long.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George from MD

I'll admit it is always nice when the unfavored driver comes out ahead of the anointed one. I hope Massa does it all year long.

So only Massa , what about Webber? pulling for him too ..............
Old 04-18-2011, 04:53 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Mark also made that mistake by getting on the paint in the rain. He admits it was his fault. That was probably the most obvious reason for him losing last year when he had the title in sight.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:53 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 392 Likes on 227 Posts

Indeed I am.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Mark also made that mistake by getting on the paint in the rain. He admits it was his fault. That was probably the most obvious reason for him losing last year when he had the title in sight.
Not quite , Webber would never have been allowed to win last year, regardless!..

Old 04-18-2011, 04:58 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

I guess we'll never know that. If he had not crashed that late in the season and had Vettel not been near enough in the running, then what do we suppose might have happened? Don't get me wrong, of course I'd love to see Webber win and it does seem a little odd that one car has virtually all of the issues but I find it hard to believe that a team really would 'cut it's nose off to spite it's face'.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Last year it was Vettel's car that had issues in the early part of the season as I recall.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wilhelm
Vettel P2
Weber P3

how can he be schooled when Weber never passed him?

Massa P5
Alonso P6

Based upon your logic, Massa is a much better driver than Alonso since he finished better when clearly he is a #2 driver with a slower car!

Do you actually believe what you type?
Wilhelm,

You're new here so while your factual approach to debate might seem logical it will ultimately fail. You see Wayne has an immunity to facts. You can shoot them at him all day and he's impervious to them. They just bounce right off.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:02 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Settle down guys, RedBull still finished 2nd and 3rd. SV's pit strategy cost him the race win and Webber proved that even without KERS the RB7 is still better than any other car in the field with the exception of the MP4-26.

Just the right circumstances for the results we got today.
Well, that pretty much sums it all up

Quick Reply: 2011 Chinese Grand Prix