Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Chinese Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I've said before, Webber is clearly the no. 2 driver on his team with Seb getting preferential treatment.

People can say that the Italians have a flare for drama but that whole-Vettel-not-getting-out-of-the-car bullsh!t at the end of quali suggesting that he "also" had an issue with KERS is just ludicrous! Horner would've been able to say that they both had issues but Seb was "lucky" and Webbo was not. Only to be foiled by the other drivers congratulating Vettel for winning pole. Not to mention the fact that the TEAM decided to send Mark out on the harder compound tyres vs. the softer/1.5 second faster option tyres.

Don't be mistaken gents, there are team orders at RedBull. "OK, so, Seb is faster than you, turn down your revs and we've turned off your KERS. Can you confirm you understood that message?" "Good lad, now stick with it, sorry..."

Last edited by MJSpeed; 04-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
wilhelm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are teams limited with the number of tires they can use? They make these new tires not last as long and limit the number of tires now Q3 is boring. Teams are saving tires and only making 1 run in Q3. Please let the teams use as many tires as possible so we can watch more action in qualifying.

I also love the discussion on how with kers they use batteries for one race only. Making this green concept actually much worse because of all the batteries that are used and wasted. It would be more green to get rid of kers!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:58 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wilhelm
Why are teams limited with the number of tires they can use? They make these new tires not last as long and limit the number of tires now Q3 is boring. Teams are saving tires and only making 1 run in Q3. Please let the teams use as many tires as possible so we can watch more action in qualifying.
+1

Originally Posted by wilhelm
I also love the discussion on how with kers they use batteries for one race only. Making this green concept actually much worse because of all the batteries that are used and wasted. It would be more green to get rid of kers!
+2
Old 04-16-2011, 03:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

With a copy of Barichello's contract in hand ..Webber is looking good ....
Old 04-16-2011, 03:10 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
I've said before, Webber is clearly the no. 2 driver on his team with Seb getting preferential treatment.

People can say that the Italians have a flare for drama but that whole-Vettel-not-getting-out-of-the-car bullsh!t at the end of quali suggesting that he "also" had an issue with KERS is just ludicrous! Horner would've been able to say that they both had issues but Seb was "lucky" and Webbo was not. Only to be foiled by the other drivers congratulating Vettel for winning pole. Not to mention the fact that the TEAM decided to send Mark out on the harder compound tyres vs. the softer/1.5 second faster option tyres.

Don't be mistaken gents, there are team orders at RedBull. "OK, so, Seb is faster than you, turn down your revs and we've turned off your KERS. Can you confirm you understood that message?" "Good lad, now stick with it, sorry..."
It goes beyond such MJ, these clowns have destroyed the sport , i bet most here dont even know that vettel was slower than scott speed when he took over Speed's car and was so until he got his " new TR chassis" ...

Yep as special as Schumacher , that other great one .... WWWF1, I'm suprised Webber is playing the game......
Old 04-16-2011, 03:18 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Webber getting bumped in Q1 was surprising and an error on somebody's part. The Ferrari's are running behind the Mclarens and SB's Red Bull with Renault breathing down their backs. At this point, I just don't see anyone stopping SV except himself or the car malfunctions (Ugly scenario non the less). Di Resta look real good as the points leading among the rookies and he might find himself driving a better car next year
Old 04-16-2011, 05:32 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

My guess is that they thought they could save some tyres for the race and gambled on the harder ones for Webber, but they didn't get up to heat and then.....

From Horner:

"It's been a rotten day for Mark today," added Horner. "This morning he had an electrical issue and then a massive effort from the entire crew, including the mechanics from Sebastian [Vettel's] car to get the car ready for qualifying."

Webber has clearly had dismal 'luck' amongst other things this season. Bet his car works really well in a few races time...when it's waaaaay too late.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:41 PM
foreplay
Intermediate

The Ferrari
Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
i bet most here dont even know that vettel was slower than scott speed when he took over Speed's car and was so until he got his " new TR chassis"
I was here and saw enough of Scott Speed to know that he wasn't going anywhere.

Back on point, did you watch any of the qualifying? I guess that you missed Vettel's pole lap. It was a thing of beauty, unbelievely fast and brave, with hands even smoother than Button. Faux my ***. Your nonsense gets tiring. Yawn.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Amazing lap for Vettel. The McLaren boys are left ot pick up the scraps.

Saturday Qualifying Session
POS DRIVER NATIONALITY ENTRANT TIME
1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1:33.706
2. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1:34.421
3. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1:34.463

4. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes GP 1:34.670
5. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari 1:35.119
6. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari 1:35.145
7. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:36.158
8. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1:36.190
9. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:36.203
10. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault No Time
Q2
11. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1:35.874
12. Sergio Perez Mexico Sauber-Ferrari 1:36.053
13. Kamui Kobayashi Japan Sauber-Ferrari 1:36.236
14. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes GP 1:36.457
15. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1:36.465
16. Nick Heidfeld Germany Renault 1:36.611
17. Pastor Maldonado Venezuela Williams-Cosworth 1:36.956
Q1
18. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1:36.468
19. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Renault 1:37.894
20. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Renault 1:38.318
21. Jerome d'Ambrosio Belgium Virgin-Cosworth 1:39.119
22. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1:39.708
23. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy HRT-Cosworth 1:40.212
24. Narain Karthikeyan India HRT-Cosworth 1:40.445
Old 04-16-2011, 08:21 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

was actually looking fwd to Petrov and Hiendfeld doing well in Q3.....oh well.

SV....class drive...........Button and the Hamster need an excellent start pass then try to fend of the young German.

Wheres DiResta from

If the conspiracy theory was true we may as well pack up the whole enchalada and go play tiddlewinks......NOT!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:20 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Kind of strange qualifying, period. Conspiracy regarding Webber? Stewards must be in on it also since they impounded his car. They knew he wanted to get it quickly back to the garage for service. Not a chance. He is just having and creating bad luck.
Remember, RB is a manufacturer. Their championship is the Constructor`s Title and I`m sure Red Bull Racing wants to win that as much as any driver want the WDC. They would never jeopardize their title, this early in the year, in order to help a single driver.

SV is just so much better than the rest of the field right now. He is the real deal. He will earn 3 WDC before Alonso and finish his career 2nd behind Schumacher.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I was here and saw enough of Scott Speed to know that he wasn't going anywhere.

Back on point, did you watch any of the qualifying? I guess that you missed Vettel's pole lap. It was a thing of beauty, unbelievely fast and brave, with hands even smoother than Button. Faux my ***. Your nonsense gets tiring. Yawn.
Yes Larry ... Just more of the same ole , same ole , you know, where you thought Michael was good and Rubens bad .

Edumacate yourself, go back and look at when Vettel the special one joined TR, he was slower than Speed and luzzi handed him his **** for 3-4 races until he got his special chassis...

Berger:

Vettel is for the future we don't care if he is slower than Luzzi at the moment ...

17) Vitantonio Liuzzi, STR-Ferrari, 1:28.798
18) Ralf Schumacher, Toyota, 1:28.809
19) Takuma Sato, Super Aguri-Honda, 1:28.953
20) Sebastian Vettel, STR-Ferrari, 1:29.408
21) Adrian Sutil, Spyker-Ferrari, 1:29.861
22) Sakon Yamamoto, Spyker-Ferrari, 1:31.479

0 for two, and by a significant margin I might add. I'm curious, how close was Vettel to the over rated quick Nick in his race with BMW?

Vettel was also beaten decisively in F3 Euroseries by his teammate Paul di Resta. As far as I'm concerned that should have ended his F1 prospects... But ahh, now he is the new chosen one , why even larry is impressed ..

Fact is larry, any top F1 driver would have done no different in that RB and i will repeat Vettel cannot beat...

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Kubica

In a straight fight in equal cars and errr . i should add Mark webber to that also...

Anyway henjoy the show, Vettel is looking good ...........
Old 04-16-2011, 10:38 PM
wilhelm
Advanced

Edumacate yourself, go back and look at when Vettel the special one joined TR, he was slower than Speed and luzzi handed him his **** for 3-4 races until he got his special chassis...

Berger:

Vettel is for the future we don't care if he is slower than Luzzi at the moment ...

17) Vitantonio Liuzzi, STR-Ferrari, 1:28.798
18) Ralf Schumacher, Toyota, 1:28.809
19) Takuma Sato, Super Aguri-Honda, 1:28.953
20) Sebastian Vettel, STR-Ferrari, 1:29.408
21) Adrian Sutil, Spyker-Ferrari, 1:29.861
22) Sakon Yamamoto, Spyker-Ferrari, 1:31.479

0 for two, and by a significant margin I might add.
At the end of 2007 Vettel had 2x points as Liuzzi in 1/2 as many races. Cleary Liuzzi was faster.

Fact is larry, any top F1 driver would have done no different in that RB and i will repeat Vettel cannot beat...

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Kubica

In a straight fight in equal cars and errr . i should add Mark webber to that also...

Anyway henjoy the show, Vettel is looking good ...........
And yet in equal cars last year Vettel won the WDC while his teammate had the points lead going into the last race. Vettel also came from behind in the last race to beat a much better driver in Alonso. Master driver Alonso couldn't pass such a weak driver in Petrov to get the wdc. Alonso only had the lead because his team made Massa pull over, Vettel earned his wins and wdc. Why is Alonso #1, he couldn't beat Hamilton in equal cars which was the only decent teammate he ever had.

Vettel had quite a bit of bad luck last year and now Webber is having bad luck. Plus Webber seems to have too many problems getting off the line, last year and this year.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give it up wilhelm. We Philadelphians make too much sense for A.Wayne to understand. We tend not to take events out of context or isolated incidents and spin them into the Gospel. I think that the Miami sun has baked Wayne's brain too much, and he will not agree with any of the FACTS that you present.

Quick Reply: 2011 Chinese Grand Prix