Bruno Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...in 07 i said Alonso was going to Ferrari...
He didn't.

...in 07 when i said Alonso was the best driver in F1...
He wasn't.

...in 08 i said Alonso was going to Ferrari to replace the new F1 champion KR...
He didn't.

...The sport is easy to predict...
It seems so... In the past 4 seasons, you've made one correct WDC prediction with Hamilton...

... the early races made it predictable that RB paid the vig and not Ferrari...
Yet you said Alonso was going to win?

Old 12-06-2010, 10:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice try FInn..... your CNN experience is showing ........
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ArthurPE
that meant to pull over if you were lapped and 2 contenders approached...
don't interfere, give them some room to get by cleanly

not to pull over when in front to let him chase his contender down!
that is called 'cheating' or 'fixing', something lost on an alonso fan

think about THAT for a moment
Firstly my comment was never about FA situation, that was already signed and sealed. Petrov letting Alonso by would not have changed the outcome.

My comment was about racing in general and when racers are racing for a championship , those drivers not involved in the "Hunt" do not go out of their way to block, , blocking by those not in the hunt has and will always be frowned upon.

Pete doesn't know, what Wiki never knows hence the mention .............

PS. PE. Pitting Alonso 6 seconds out of the lead to keep track of Webber who pitting out of sequence 32 seconds behind in 14th, is well , no matter how you spin dat ..

Sounds like SET logic ...........
Old 12-08-2010, 03:15 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

To the top

Major announcement by Renault tomorrow...
Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,382 Likes on 2,005 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
To the top

Renault F1 to morph into ‘Lotus Renault GP’
8 December 2010
Genii Capital and Group Lotus plc today announced the creation of 'Lotus Renault GP', the successor to the Renault F1 Team that will contest the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship. The announcement comes as part of a 'strategic alliance' between the two companies and at the moment means there will be two teams running as Lotus next season.

“Following the return of the Lotus name to Formula 1 in 2010, under licence from Group Lotus, this historic announcement marks the complete return of the Lotus manufacturer to the sport, with the full backing of its parent company Proton,” read an announcement to the press.

Group Lotus plc will become a major equity partner of Genii Capital in Lotus Renault GP, and the two parties have concluded a title sponsorship agreement that will run until the end of the 2017 season.

“We are delighted that we can now go public with the news that we will be racing as Lotus Renault GP in 2011,” said Gerard Lopez, Chairman of Renault F1 Team. “It is extremely exciting to begin a new era for the team in partnership with Group Lotus, and we will continue to enjoy a strong relationship with Renault over the coming seasons.

“It is a tribute to the excellent work this year by the team in Enstone that we have been able to attract both major sponsorship and new investment for a very bright future.”

“I can think of no better platform for automotive brand communications than motorsport and F1 is the very pinnacle of open-wheel racing,” added Group Lotus CEO Dany Bahar.

“We’re well aware that there has been a lot of controversy around the usage of our brand in F1 and I’m delighted to be able to formally clarify our position once and for all: we are Lotus and we are back.”

The new partnership has been enabled by Renault selling its remaining shares in the team to Genii Capital. Group Lotus plc will subsequently become a major equity partner in Lotus Renault GP, which it will co-own with Genii Capital.

Renault meanwhile will continue its support of the team with which it won the 2005 and 2006 world championships, as a supplier of engines and technological and engineering expertise. Reflecting this, Lotus Renault GP will continue to compete with the Renault chassis name and Renault will enjoy ‘pre-eminent brand exposure’ on the livery.

For 2011, the Lotus Renault GP cars will race in a ‘new interpretation’ of the iconic black and gold colours that were last used when Lotus and Renault joined forces in the 1980s.

Where this leaves Tony Fernandes’ Team Lotus, which is also planning to use the famous ‘John Player’ livery in 2011, as well as Renault engines, is unknown. The dispute between Team Lotus and Group Lotus is currently due to go before the High Court in London next year.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I’m glad Ferrari lost, says Mosley
8 December 2010
Former FIA President Max Mosley has said it was a blessing Fernando Alonso and Ferrari missed out on winning the Drivers’ title this season, as it would have just once again brought up the whole discussion of the rights and wrongs of team orders.

Despite going into the final round in the Abu Dhabi as the title leader and the favourite to clinch the crown, Alonso eventually lost out to Sebastian Vettel after a nightmare race, in which he got stuck behind Vitaly Petrov and only finished seventh.

Given what happened at Hockenheim though, when Felipe Massa was ordered to let the Spaniard through to win, Max wasn’t sad to see the Scuderia mess it up.

“Ferrari did do an outstanding job from the middle of the season. It looked like they were almost out of it, but they brought themselves back into play. But in the end I am nevertheless glad that didn’t win it,” Mosley told Die Welt.

"It would have given the world an unpleasant discussion give how they would have taken the title and the topic of team orders would have come up again. I doubt whether that would have been good for F1.

“It took that topic off the table and the question whether they would have really earned it. Instead, thank god, we are talking about a strategic error in that last race. That is one less problem for Formula 1.

“[Besides] Sebastian Vettel earned it and in every respect is an excellent World Champion.

"He has a pleasant personality and is relaxed and natural. That is great for the public and very good for our sport.”

'
Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
To the top

Here's the pic of the new Renault Lotus.
(I know the old Lotus was going to use similar color scheme but probably won't be anymore)

I like the retro black-gold.
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

It does look good!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I for one will miss the bright yellow splash of the Renaults. Though their latest car was not much to look at, earlier iterations were very pretty and quite different from the usual group of F1 colors.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:08 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I for one will miss the bright yellow splash of the Renaults. Though their latest car was not much to look at, earlier iterations were very pretty and quite different from the usual group of F1 colors.
+1. The Renaults with the Yellow/Riviera blue combo were my favorite cars of all times. I have a 1:18 model of one and absolutely love it.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Figures a French car would be painted yellow.....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Here's the pic of the new Renault Lotus.
(I know the old Lotus was going to use similar color scheme but probably won't be anymore)

I like the retro black-gold.
I like the new Lotus, not enough to cheer for them (LOL) but nevertheless, I like the new look.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:10 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

www.autosport.com...

.FIA drops team orders ban from 2011

Someone should thump bernie in the eye socket........
Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

www.autosport.com...

I agree that Bernie needs to be thumped more, but while I very much dislike team orders, I am more concerned about the pending engine changes coming in 2013 and to be further reduced in the years to follow 2013. Soon there will be 1.6 liter 4 cylinder engines that can rev to a max of 12,000 RPMs in F1. Sure they will still be more powerful than your average daily driver, but it appears that the tree huggers have taken over control at the FIA with the desire to neuter motorsports. I know why doesn't the FIA just ban physical real world motorsports and everyone can just migrate to iRacing instead. This way an overweight out of shape fellow can be crowned best driver in the world while racing in his underwear from his parent's basement.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

www.autosport.com...

So Christmas comes early for Ferrari ... Luca got his present.

Quick Reply: 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)