Bruno Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Easy der Pee Pee Ohh... I do tell every year, but it will cost you , so if and when you are ready to wager a bottle , ohhh please do contacto ......
Gambling is not bringing protection when visiting Thailand.... betting on the results of an F1 season is even more insane.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ahhhh shout off the prat and then cop out nice ............
Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Land Jet
The very best thing that could happen to any F1 thread here is to completely ignore any and all comments by A. Whine. Let's just act like all of his comments are written in Arabic and we can't read them. It's obvious that he is either totally irrational or that he is only interested in stirring the pot by ignoring the facts and spinning everything by his own twisted logic. Only he worships at the alter of his own opinion. Being completely ignored is the only way to be rid of this twit. When no one reacts to his childish prattle he will go home. His ego thrives on the attention. Horse **** by any other name is still horse ****.
Is that all you got land pet .......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
PPo
Drifting

Ahhhh shout off the prat and then cop out nice ............
I never said I would make a bet, you suggested that predicting F1 was easy, so I assumed by that your 2011 pick would be easy.

So, I am suggesting you make your prediction now if it easy... I am not suggesting a wager. I have nothing to win that I don't already have...
Old 12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

A. Wayne = Class clown

the sooner we accept that the better off we'll all be.

I was talking with some people at the track today and the conversation came aaround to the F1 season finale. The consensus was that "from appearances, Alonso did not try hard enough". Others stated that he could not push too hard and risk a crash, but almost everyone agreed to a man that when it came down to about 20 laps to go, Alonso should have pushed the issue as there would not be no other way to get around Petrov. The latter did not happen obviously. This view was shared by both Alonso supporters and detractors.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:24 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
BTW ... 2/3 (almost 3/4) of the tracks used in the 2010 season were used back in the 1990s (the era I am presently reviewing). Funny, while there are differences between now and then, there are a lot of common challenges. If you think passing was easy back then maybe you too should go back and watch a few races to refresh your memory. The drivers just seemed to be more willing to lay in on the line back then. Maybe orders for the teams have changed. Maybe the teams have ordered the drivers now not to take as many chances with these expensive cars. I know I don't have access to the inner circles of the F1 world. Maybe you are one of the privileged people and you have a hot line setup with Frank Williams?
This should be easy to prove.
2010 F1 calender race tracks, all 19 of them:

Grand Prix Date
Bahrain 14th Mar (new)
Australia 28th Mar (old)
Malaysia 4th Apr (new)
China 18th Apr (new)
Spain 9th May (old)
Monaco 16th May (old)
Turkey 30th May (new)
Canada 13th Jun (old)
Europe 27th Jun (new)
British 11th Jul (old)
Germany 25th Jul (old)
Hungary 1st Aug (old)
Belgium 29th Aug (old)
Italy 12th Sep (old)
Singapore 26th Sep (new)
Japan 10th Oct (old)
Korea 24th Oct (new)
Brazil 7th Nov (old)
UAE 14th Nov (new)

That would be 8 out of 19 being different from what was used back in the 90's. I am sure I could be missing 1 or 2 more that are new. That is almost 50%.
This is just tracks.
I wouldn't even get into cars.
Do you see the aero's on today's cars? How does that compare to the 90's?
Today's cars cannot stay behind another car because they lose most of their downforce. Not saying that passing does not occur anymore. It's much harder. Similar to comparing an athlete from a different era to an athlete from now.
Regards.
Raj
Old 12-05-2010, 11:59 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Today's cars cannot stay behind another car because they lose most of their downforce.
The modern cars have made this "passing" issue even more challenging, but go back and watch some of the races from the 90s and you will see they were saying the same thing back then. The sport has evolved, the governing bodies have continued to try to slow the cars down and the engineers/drivers continue to find new ways to maintain their speed.

BTW I am not sure why you say Malaysia is new. It came online in 1999. An 11 year old track is hardly new. LOL
Old 12-05-2010, 01:11 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,503 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Raj are you still trying to make excuses on why Alonso lost the WDC while he was leading by several points going into the last race? Wow, just wow....
Old 12-05-2010, 02:09 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pete
Raj are you still trying to make excuses on why Alonso lost the WDC while he was leading by several points going into the last race? Wow, just wow....
Blame anyone and everything but the almighty Fernando Alonso. It's the new tracks, that is why Fernado did not win (even though he won some races on new tracks, after inheriting the lead). No it's the aerodynamics of the cars. That is why Fernado was not champ. No it's because the other drivers want to race for position, if they only pulled over and let the faster driver by, then Fernado would be champ. I mean after all what was Petrov thinking? Petrov had no right to wanting to finish as high as he could in the race as he fights for an F1 ride next season. Didn't he know Fernado was clearly faster than him? How dare Petrov try to compete as a race car driver.

It is a giant conspiracy ... strike the names of Ayrton Senna, Alan Prost, Michael Schumacher and all the other former champs from the history books because they clearly were all inferior to the great the one and the only Fernado Alonso.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Are you trying to twist things? Where did I say anything about Alonso? I am responding to the poster talking about 2/3 to 3/4 tracks being the same as 90's. So, because Malaysia came up in 99, it's considered an old track? Definitely not by purist standards.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Blame anyone and everything but the almighty Fernando Alonso. It's the new tracks, that is why Fernado did not win (even though he won some races on new tracks, after inheriting the lead). No it's the aerodynamics of the cars. That is why Fernado was not champ. No it's because the other drivers want to race for position, if they only pulled over and let the faster driver by, then Fernado would be champ. I mean after all what was Petrov thinking? Petrov had no right to wanting to finish as high as he could in the race as he fights for an F1 ride next season. Didn't he know Fernado was clearly faster than him? How dare Petrov try to compete as a race car driver.

It is a giant conspiracy ... strike the names of Ayrton Senna, Alan Prost, Michael Schumacher and all the other former champs from the history books because they clearly were all inferior to the great the one and the only Fernado Alonso.
I think you might be confusing me with other posters. I have never said anything about conspiracy? I neither believe or agree with it. I do know that AD is not a track that allows much passing. It is irrelevent how it affected certain drivers. It affected everyone and that is why a lot of team principals complained about it. To say a driver did not try hard enough just means you don't understand the characteristics of the track and then to turn around and state that a certain driver is inferior today to drivers in the past is something you have said, not me. I am just trying to point the fact that you cannot compare apples to oranges. Different cars, different tracks and different drivers. Times have changed, tracks have changed and so have the cars.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:34 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

I agree comparing apples to oranges is not good. Comparing the 2010 cars (no refueling) to the 2009 cars (refueling) is difficult just as comparing the 2009 cars (actual slicks) to the 2008 cars (grooved slicks) is difficult. So yes comparing modern F1 cars to the 90s iterations (or earlier) is definitely comparing apples to oranges. But go back a few posts and remember how we got into all of this. I happened to mentioned that I am watching some historical races during this off season and you decided to label me as a F1 newbie who is "coming up to speed with the sport". For someone who has been a fan of F1 since the 1970s (though I will admit I did not watch each and every race over the years), I had to laugh. You know the saying "Don't assume anything otherwise you risk making an *** out of U and Me".

There are definitely differences between the cars, some of the tracks and the drivers between now and years gone by. But there is still a lot more in common than you may remember. Go back and watch some of the races and you will see this. Passing due to a number of factors has been a challenge for the sport for a long time now.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:45 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Well, if my comments offended you, I apologize. It was tongue n cheek.
Regards.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

He was allowed to win?
you mean cheating team orders like ferrari (intentionally not capitalized) uses?

maybe, they pitted him to track Webber, and actually thought he may be able to actually 'pass' cars that were much slower in qualifying when he had fresh tires?

alonso is probably the dirtiest, most childish driver since Schumi, and that is saying something...

he actually expected guys he was racing against for points who were in front of him fair & square, to pull over for him...it was good to see him crying in the world feed

Long story Bob and the plebs are not ready for it , so i will continue to take their cash, well from the smart ones .

A touch:

After Vettel was allowed to win in Brazil only by WWF1 rules could RB win a WDC after doing such, there was no way RB was going to take that chance with Vettel unless they knew for sure he could win the WDC..

Abu Dahbi :

Ferrari with a trailer full of engineers crunching race analysis software pits Alonso out of sequence to the leaders placing him behind 4 drivers who do not have to pit again on a track where passing does not exist .

Ohhh chk to see who i had picked to win in Abu Dahbi .. precisely ....

Anyway it's been tough collecting from all those Schumacher fans, especially the Germans, ohh man he had a bunch fooled.

It's raining Patron right now fellas ....
Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

Ohhh for the uninitiated , ( yes you pete) in the past before Wiki filled up your novice brain it was considered bad protocol for back markers to interfere with those challenging for a championship ....

Think about that for a moment ..........
that meant to pull over if you were lapped and 2 contenders approached...
don't interfere, give them some room to get by cleanly

not to pull over when in front to let him chase his contender down!
that is called 'cheating' or 'fixing', something lost on an alonso fan

think about THAT for a moment

Quick Reply: 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)