Bruno Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
What happens to Alonso's engine if that button is pushed while the Ferrari is accelerating under full power......
I will be holding it down ,powered by a 12v car battery all weekend.
I will also be stopping by as many churches as possible. No candles, I am thinking of lighting flares...last longer.

If I could rig up a small nuclear device to deliver an EMP to the Ferrari garage, thus rendering his onboard electronics toast, I would....but those days are in my past.

As a backup, I have already refilled all my pain meeds, so I won't remember anything.

However, it will be interesting to see Alonso join the Sir A.Wayne Faux WDC Hall of Fame if he wins by 7 or less.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Of course I am required to vote for Sato, but if he can't win, I would like to see Webber...Vettel will have many more opportunities.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Nice to see Hammy winning the Friday DE for a change

...and yet again JB is well behind his team mate....I wonder if it will be the old "I'm not comfortable with the car's set up" excuse again?
Faux champions always have issues without "strategy" .....

Originally Posted by ltc
Timo Glock is in the race....

Originally Posted by Ray S
Was there an error in what I posted?

I didn't think so......
Yes .. a lot of BS .....................

If Alonso cannot win, i would love for Hamilton to win.... Yeah i'm down with Hammy stealing those 25 points ....
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 925 Posts

As someone quick to criticize SpeedTV for their crap programming, I've got give them kudos for the Abu Dhabi broadcast. Practice, Qualifying, and the Race all live plus re-broadcast of all three at reasonable times in the afternoon. Watching practice again now.

Well done.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:42 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

You know Wayne... I've read many of your "faux" this and that equivocations and I don't buy any of it. You either have a view or not. All this bending and spinning makes me dizzy.

I think it's going to be a great race. All the contenders looked solid today and on Monday, I will be happy for either Alonso, Webber, Vettel or Hamilton. Whichever one takes it will have deserved it. Each has made mistakes, each has had bad luck and each has had good races.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:14 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
As someone quick to criticize SpeedTV for their crap programming, I've got give them kudos for the Abu Dhabi broadcast. Practice, Qualifying, and the Race all live plus re-broadcast of all three at reasonable times in the afternoon. Watching practice again now.

Well done.
I wish we got the entire Speed broadcast...........in Canada Speed cannot broadcasr live quali and race feeds.

We're stuck with the BBC feed through TSN which sucks.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting 2nd practice. Where I expected the Red Bulls to be fastest, Hamilton was 2 tenths quicker. Either they are holding back or Hamilton is driving the **** out of his car.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:46 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
I wish we got the entire Speed broadcast...........in Canada Speed cannot broadcasr live quali and race feeds.

We're stuck with the BBC feed through TSN which sucks.
It must be your cable feed because I live in Calgary and I watched P2 live this morning live on Speed TV. Plus assuming I can wake up early enough tomorrow morning, I will be watching Qualifying live on Speed TV. As far as the race is concerned, I watch both Speed and TSN (the BBC). Basically when one goes to a TV commercial I switch to the other (hopefully they both don't cut to the commercials at the same time, which usually isn't an issue).
Old 11-12-2010, 10:31 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

No cable down here only satt and Speed is blocked........can Speed F1 live be streamed? please !!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:47 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by ltc
If I could rig up a small nuclear device to deliver an EMP to the Ferrari garage, thus rendering his onboard electronics toast, I would....but those days are in my past.
Why? Wouldn't you prefer that Ferrari gives Alsonso the best car, he wins poll position and then Alonso self destructs and crashes the car?

If the fault was on Ferrari for Alonso not winning, the circus would never leave town. If it is Alonso's fault, that changes everything...

You need to figure out a way to subterfuge Alonso's driving by impact his physiological or pschyological ability... that may be easier then rigging up a small nuclear device and getting to Abu Dhabi... but then again, I have no experience doing anything close to that.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:31 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm thinking that the Red Bulls will be in a dominating position with Alonso challenging. Vettel will be faced with doing the gentlemanly thing for Weber, and I'm hoping he does it on his own volition.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 500_19B
You know Wayne... I've read many of your "faux" this and that equivocations and I don't buy any of it. You either have a view or not. All this bending and spinning makes me dizzy.

I think it's going to be a great race. All the contenders looked solid today and on Monday, I will be happy for either Alonso, Webber, Vettel or Hamilton. Whichever one takes it will have deserved it. Each has made mistakes, each has had bad luck and each has had good races.
LOL.. I have a view .. Yes.. I do believe you are DIzzy ........

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Interesting 2nd practice. Where I expected the Red Bulls to be fastest, Hamilton was 2 tenths quicker. Either they are holding back or Hamilton is driving the **** out of his car.
Go ... Hammmy !!!!!!.............................

Originally Posted by PPo
........................................................................ ....
........................................................................ ....................

Well said Pee, Pee , Ohhh ........
Old 11-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No cable down here only satt and Speed is blocked........can Speed F1 live be streamed? please !!
Yes it can. All you have to do is register on the Speed website.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:10 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Not that |I'm a fan but Hammy was really trying in practice 2 so much he almost took Senna out.

Whats up with the Ferrari team allowing Masa to run out of fuel? Is he that quick to invent an excuse as the car slowed to a halt.......................watching the practice there was no kablamo (sp?) noise before the radio transmission. Speed were saying the mechanics were in the pits waiting for his return so.............?

Just spoke with a buddy down under.............the whole country is set to explode.............its been a while since mr. Jones.
I wouldn't quite say explode but there will be a few corks popped if he can pull it off. Fingers crossed he can, but I think there will be equal parts luck, skill, and outside intervention for this to happen. I'm thinking Alonso has to start favourite.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A. Wayne, it has taken me some time to understand this but now I do....You are a horse's ***. Go faux yourself.

Quick Reply: 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)